Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People"

Started by Stolen, Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People" (Read 35,858 times)

Thomas H.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 25, 2016, 09:43:43 PM
Oh dear, I see I have offended you again. Pity the ignore button doesn't work. Will it help if I send some flowers?

I prefer chocolates. Dark, if possible. Flowers upset my hayfever. ;)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 25, 2016, 09:53:49 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 25, 2016, 09:43:43 PMHe was a much older and more emotionally mature guy in the Engineers script though.

I so wish they had kept that element. It would be so much more intriguing of a relationship. My guess is they changed it because they were worried about accusations of sexism. Too bad... it's not like this was gonna be Saturn 3, or something!  :D

http://www.themoviescene.co.uk/reviews/_img/2898-2.jpg

I love Saturn 3.  It is flawed of course, especially by it's effects, but it's a great fun watch.  I mean it is like The Terminator in many ways.  They could do a remake of this as Saturn 4...

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 25, 2016, 10:27:25 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 25, 2016, 09:46:05 PMI've been an Alien fan since 1979. Have you?

BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!1!

Who cares if Riddles wants to scare the shit out of his audience when Mr. Clemens does such a better job.

Rarely, is it a good time to pull that argument out of the deck but good on you for doing so.  If you really want to get full mileage out of that fact you can always say "I've been an Alien fan since 1979.  Have you?  Which means I've been a fan since before you were born.  ...probably before your parents even met!" ...and then cap it off with "I was a fan before 'ALIENS' even existed!" just to put 'em in their proper space.  Of course, it works best when you know their age. 

You just got to be careful how you use it as it's most powerful when used in jest.  Especially in a social gathering with a group of people drinking at the bar. The guffaws will be worth it!

LOL.

-Windebieste.

Ahahahaha! One can also try:

I've been an Alien fan since 1979 you son of a b!tch lol,  Have you?

Or

Why you son of a b!tch! I've been an Alien fan since '79! Have you?

😃😂😁

PS- Hey LordCassusSnow I put Prometheus in my all time top five, let's hear it lol..

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54765.0

Corporal Hicks

Holy shit, guys. I keep seeing all these ages thrown around and they just don't seem to match up with the words I'm reading. Seriously. We can have differing opinions but there's absolutely zero need to go around throwing insults at each other for those opinions or throwing out true fan bullshit. You're all better than that.

Cassus, I'm immensely bored of having to warn you. Please enjoy a sojourn away from this community. If you're unable to maintain a decent attitude then don't come back.

whiterabbit

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 25, 2016, 11:59:35 PM
The snake part is the BEST part. I love how Milburn dies. Best death in a quasi-horror film, ever. :)
That's a question that seems to have escaped these boards. What was the best part about Prometheus. I mean the hammerpede was awesome but it couldn't be the best moment, could it? Waking the engineer seemed to be even better in my opinion.

Nostromo

Nostromo

The best part for me is from the moment Halloway spots the Engineer pyramids until the part they discover the black goo urns/ampules inside the tomb/temple. The music during most of this period is Bad Ass. "This is just another tomb".

Anyone notice some weird sh!t coming out of the tomb  into the atmosphere during this scene? As if that storm was caused by something that evaporated from in there. Maybe black goo condensation causes weird storm patters too :).

Mr. Clemens

For me, the best part is that shot of Shaw looking up at the juggernaut looming above her, before it starts rolling. Actually that entire juggernaut crash scene, even the straight-line running. It's just so damned epic.

Giger Beast

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 26, 2016, 11:28:24 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 25, 2016, 11:59:35 PM
The snake part is the BEST part. I love how Milburn dies. Best death in a quasi-horror film, ever. :)
That's a question that seems to have escaped these boards. What was the best part about Prometheus. I mean the hammerpede was awesome but it couldn't be the best moment, could it? Waking the engineer seemed to be even better in my opinion.

I really love the whole third act. It seems like a lot of people aren't a fan of it, but I think that's where it gets really really good. Everything from the Orrery scene to the end is brilliant, IMO.

Stolen

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 26, 2016, 02:01:23 PM
For me, the best part is that shot of Shaw looking up at the juggernaut looming above her, before it starts rolling. Actually that entire juggernaut crash scene, even the straight-line running. It's just so damned epic.

Scale is impressive, EPIC. I love the whole scene, the departure of the ship, race of  Vickers in Prometheus, the ejection of cabins, collision, music, debris ... The achievement is amazing.

But there are so many good moments in Prometheus, the first 15 minutes are fantastic. The storm, C-Section (counting the discussion between David and Shaw, perfect), Orrery Scene. The discovery of the giant head, the vehicle enters the gigantic pyramid.

And the very end is great, mysterious and exciting. And finally we have a sequel....

oduodu

oduodu

Yep the scene where the jugg starts lifting off .....the low rumble........that weird vibrating noise - awesome especially the way it follows the engineer getting into the chair - taking a breath before the suit closes - that beautiful clunk noise when it clicks into place.

Awesome.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Thomas H. on Jun 26, 2016, 06:55:20 AM
Oh dear, I see I have offended you again. Pity the ignore button doesn't work. Will it help if I send some flowers?

Haha... you're okay dude. Apologies for any real offence I may have caused though.

Thomas H.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2016, 04:16:47 PM
Quote from: Thomas H. on Jun 26, 2016, 06:55:20 AM

Haha... you're okay dude. Apologies for any real offence I may have caused though.

We cool man, we cool. ;)

Stig783

Can't say it will scare people. Most people know what the Xenomorph looks like by now.

BishopShouldGo

It's not scaring with the unknown at this point. It's scaring by putting characters we like in peril. And plenty of people knew what a shark looked like before Jaws. And I'm sure a master like Ridley will think up novel ways of scaring us. Different shots, editing and music, etc.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

Good point BishopShouldGo, good point

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed