Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2011, 11:25:20 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus (Read 28,550 times)

Corporal Hicks

Following on from the previous news report, Daily Mail also talked to Ridley Scott and he’s only gone and made things even more confusing:

“Prometheus, Ridley declared, was not — as some have suggested — a   prequel to his classic sci-fi shocker Alien. But he refused to divulge  more.”

He also mentions production will start on Prometheus in 3 weeks and that he is really trying to keep the film in complete secrecy. “I was insistent that the script not leak onto the internet, where it  gets dissected out of context, which spoils it for everyone.

In regards to an unspecified cast member the article said: “Indeed, one of his actors told me that he could recite the entire  screenplay to me — but then he'd have to wrestle me to the ground and,  this was related in the nicest possible way, 'kill me.

Check out the Daily Mail website for more information. Scroll down to This sci-fi’s top secret and read on.

Sharp Sticks

dandan

dandan

" he is really trying to keep the film in complete secrecy. "
yeah hes doing a good job of that lmao

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Whuh?

I'm confuzzled

Peakius Baragonius

WHAT THE FUDGE IS GOING ON?!!??????!

MattTaz

MattTaz

I think Ridley has probably had Fox saying 'if you call it a prequel, you limit this to the Alien franchise which only made $130? million in the last two AVP films. If you call it a stand-alone film you will get the Alien fans, Bladerunner fans, but also a new audience seeing a new film'
Can you imagine the promos - Ridley's first Sci-Fi film since Alien and Bladerunner - which have a great reputation.
I think people who know nothing about Alien will walk out of the movies happy, and us Alien fans will also see the connection to the original.
$250m is a lot of money. He probably had too make this 'stand-alone' business a condition of getting that money.
Accountants rule the industry folks  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

If Ridley dosen't want us knowing then I reckon its for the best, like everyone else I want to be surprised and shocked.

Tribal

Tribal

I think is for the best dont call it a Alien Prequel...

Most of people thinks the Alien franchise is just a bunch of action/horror movies like Friday13 and wont see it at all...

My friends look at me with prejudice when i talk that i'm a alien fan...  ::)

Start a new franchise with Aliens on it (and not telling anyone) is the right thing to do to make more money  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So its not a prequel...

I wonder where in the timeline it takes place, if its even part of the timeline at all

the dude

the dude

Am I the only person who is deeply gutted by the change in direction this project has taken?

God, I was looking forward, so much to the prospect of my favourite sic-fi series finding some dignity in trusted hands. With even a mention from Mr Scott in the booklet accompanying my blu-ray set about things to come, I feel, as a fan I've just been given the finger. It would be so nice to see a really good new Alien film. Such a bummer.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

So maybe a space jockey is in the film but its not the same one that was seen in the first alien film. Maybe the film takes place before or perhaps after the events of Alien, with its events having no baring on what else went on in the alien films.(or alien vs predator films thankfully)
   So in that sense I guess you could say its not a prequel. It would be a spinoff. In the alien universe, featuring the aliens or alien, the space jockey, the aliens home planet(if the jockey and alien don't share the same home planet). I guess it would be like if a film featured the creatures from pitch black, but no Vin Diesel or any characters linked to that film.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Somebody is full of shit.

I'm not listening to anybody else until its released.

Bum Burster

Bum Burster

To the AVP Galaxy staff : if you were to put your hands on a bit of the script or the entirety of it, would you even put a link to some site which may give a chance for people to read said information?

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

i feel like the ONLY reference to the alien franchise is weyland industries and the space jockey. thats it. nothing more. nothing less. which is unfortunate because the franchise NEEDS a reboot, or a sequel, or prequel. Or some sort of definitive alien movie for the fans.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 26, 2011, 07:32:31 AM
i feel like the ONLY reference to the alien franchise is weyland industries and the space jockey. thats it. nothing more. nothing less. which is unfortunate because the franchise NEEDS a reboot, or a sequel, or prequel. Or some sort of definitive alien movie for the fans.
A REBOOT?  What the hell is wrong with you???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed