Artwork for Director Vincenzo Natali's Predator 3 Pitch

Started by DarthJoker45, Jun 03, 2015, 11:29:02 PM

Author
Artwork for Director Vincenzo Natali's Predator 3 Pitch (Read 28,220 times)

KiramidHead

This would have been really interesting to see, Natali is an interesting director for sure.

PVC

Hi. Few years ago , I posted a comment on this site.  Talking about this guy. Vincenzo. Cube is great , splice is great too. He is the guy we need for the next predator. And please forget the last one ... The Predacrap
Natali is a great director   His world is what we need his mind too    This guy can do something on both alien and predator
He is a talented interesting director.   There's not a bunch of directors on the market , able to work on these franchise. Come on Vincenzo   Thinks about it. We want a brand new movie  alien and predator
If you work on it ... For sure it will be good.  You are a true director. And forza italia

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. What could have been. For the better is hard to ascertain.

Master

Master

At this point it would be wise to reconsider going back to game preserve planet and make Predators 2. Film is not very old and received far better then The Predator. Don't know about this director. He might have been good. It's not like I have any expectations at this point.

Kradan

I wouldn't mind that

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I liked Royce.

About the only time I can think of when an actor was so badly miscast and yet somehow still managed to be excellent in the role.

Master

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2020, 12:17:26 PM
Yeah, I liked Royce.

About the only time I can think of when an actor was so badly miscast and yet somehow still managed to be excellent in the role.

True. When I  was reading script for the first time, I imagined Vin Diesel as Royce. Still think Diesel would have been outstanding Royce, but Brody performed surprisingly well.

Voodoo Magic

Brody was never my ideal choice, he's still not, but he did a fine job (imo).

PredBabe

Quote from: Master on Jul 23, 2020, 11:06:12 AM
At this point it would be wise to reconsider going back to game preserve planet and make Predators 2. Film is not very old and received far better then The Predator. Don't know about this director. He might have been good. It's not like I have any expectations at this point.

I have to agree that this would be the way to go if they do anything more with the Predator franchise.

Whether they use the same planet or a different one, I hope it looks and feels more alien the next time around. That was one of my main gripes with Predators. It played things too safe.

In retrospect now, it's a fantastic sequel especially in comparison to The Predator.

Tichinde

If they bring back the super predators I will personally tank the franchise single handedly out of spite. I swear it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 26, 2020, 05:16:59 AMWhether they use the same planet or a different one, I hope it looks and feels more alien the next time around. That was one of my main gripes with Predators. It played things too safe.

That probably had more to do with budget than anything.

Master

Yeah, that too. It was also designed that way, for the big surprise - IT'S NOT OUR PLANET! WE'RE GONA NEED A NEW PLAN! -  After that we did get some alien vibes, like drilling plant.

In the sequel they could do more with setting from the start because there is no surprise to make any more. The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. Royce who lived on Preserve Planet for few years could give as more info about Predator species and blood feud that is going on out there. Something Ronald Noland was hinted to give us but finally failed to deliver.

Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 26, 2020, 07:57:35 AM
If they bring back the super predators I will personally tank the franchise single handedly out of spite. I swear it.

It all depends on execution. Super Predators weren't that good because they had less screen time than Preds from first two movies and because they  acted more like hillbillies from Wrong Turn then the hunters we used to know and love.

David Haller

David Haller

Interesting. Loved Splice.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yeah, I wanted to see them utilize more of the alien locations, like the drilling plant. Have the characters make use of their surrounding and alien locations, like integrating a drill rig or some type of alien machinery during a shootout/chase to aid in injuring or killing one of the Super Preds. It's something they could still do for a sequel.
I don't mind the "super predator" angle and Predators did make it sound like they were simply a larger breed/different tribe of the Predator species, which I prefer over the DNA splicing. But I think they failed at making them look larger and more menacing.

On the note of Super Preds and different species, I'd still like to see a proper rendition of Bad Blood Predators. I like the idea of a futuristic city setting, similar to that of Concrete Jungle's, and have a detective caught amidst a crime riddled city and 2 rogue, feuding preds. Throw the stolen Predator technology into the mix and it could make for some fun storytelling. But I think The Predator has tainted the chances for a Predator story like that to come to fruition any time soon... hell, it may have soiled the entire franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed