Predators
29 (3.5%)
The Predator
3 (0.4%)
Prey
2 (0.2%)

Total Members Voted: 756

Author
Favourite Predator Movie? (Read 309,250 times)

Kradan

Kradan

How great Predator 2 is

Galactus123

Galactus123

The first movie is the best. Predator 2 is nowhere near as good but its still a great movie. I like Predators too.

Janek

Janek

Although Predator is clearly the best movie of the lot I still enjoy Predator 2 just as much, it's such an underrated movie. Predators is a capable addition to the franchise and I find it entertaining and the additions to the lore we get in the film is great.

Haven't seen The Predator yet, after all the bad reviews I didn't dare to watch it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Janek on May 30, 2020, 11:39:16 PM
Although Predator is clearly the best movie of the lot I still enjoy Predator 2 just as much, it's such an underrated movie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Janek on May 30, 2020, 11:39:16 PM
Haven't seen The Predator yet, after all the bad reviews I didn't dare to watch it.

Was in the same position. It's utter bollocks but if you go in assuming the worst you might end up both angry and mildly entertained.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Favorite movie - Predator One
Favorite Predator - City Hunter

FatStu

FatStu

Easily the first one. I'm quite fond of the second one too. Not such a fan of the third and fourth.

Tichinde

Tichinde

the raw testosterone from the first movie is unbeatable. Then the alien just beats everyone so easily. Ive heard some people say he cheated, but Hoppers team was all taken out in one swoop firing in all directions. They were skinned and hung a sign they weren't worthy as trophies. I always got the impression the Pred was just weary of this new team and played it smart. The only kill that was "cheap" for me was Blain, but what are ya gonna do? Confront the huge guy with a mini gun head to head and expose yourself so early? Anyway, off topic. I love the first movie. Second one really sucks imho, I know people disagree but if I could describe what's wrong with P2 it's the scene on the subway with the random civilians even the old lady all having firearms. I get it's like an almost apocalyptic future, but it's still so silly. What I will give credit to P2 for and what makes up for the whole movie is the ending scene which indirectly introduced ranks, culture, and of course Xenomorphs to the universe which is pretty damn cool.

Predators is a good film, worthy successor to the predator, just very boring and the characters aren't as tough or likeable. It also bothers me how in my face it was they were trying to say "THESE NEW ONES ARE BETTER!" with the classic v berserker fight, just felt cheap like they were murdering my childhood to make a point.

Same problem goes for The Predator, except this time I appreciate the original pred got to do some pretty cool shit before he died, plus the return of the shurikien was a nice little nod.

FatStu

FatStu

There's a lot more going on in Predator 2 than it gets given credit for.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: FatStu on Aug 13, 2020, 11:51:05 PM
There's a lot more going on in Predator 2 than it gets given credit for.

My man...

Tichinde

Tichinde

Voodoo, that scene alone is what makes it worth watching lol. Like I would sit through an hour of alien ressurection just to see that ending scene with the elder

Kradan

Kradan

Pffft. I'm sure Voodoo would watch AVPR 3 times non-stop just to see that scene

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 14, 2020, 05:40:04 AM
Pffft. I'm sure Voodoo would watch AVPR 3 times non-stop just to see that scene

One hour of Alien Res. is worse. At least in AVPR you can appreciated the sewer fight and the wolf's intro, you get a few cool moments. With res. It's all just hyper sexual femdom clone ripley being creepy as hell and Xenomorphs being underpowered and random. Then you get to the newborn... the goddamn newborn. Say what you want about the predalien design, or the A: R xenos from AVP, Alien's greatest atrocity has to be that sack of sourmilk flesh that beats the snot out of the queen and then comes to mama. Serious, I felt like I was watching a kids movie, what the f**k is that thing *shudders*

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 14, 2020, 07:28:08 AM
With res ... Xenomorphs being underpowered and random

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 14, 2020, 07:28:08 AMOne hour of Alien Res. is worse. At least in AVPR you can appreciated the sewer fight and the wolf's intro, you get a few cool moments.

Nah.

Other than the score and the design of Wolf, Requiem is universally terrible. The cast, the plot, the dialogue, the characters, the f**king lighting - all terrible. Also, what were they thinking setting it in the middle of a tweeny drama? Who thought that was the best foundation to build an AVP movie on? It's like an episode of Dawson's Creek but with stupid hyper-violence, as if the directors believed excessive gore was the only reason people liked the classic Alien and Predator movies, and smothering the movie in it would cover up all its ineptitude. Well, it didn't, it just made it look more desperate.

Resurrection may have angled for completely the wrong genre, but it's at least competent at what it's trying to be. I get that a lot of people didn't like what it was trying to be, but if nothing else it's competently made. Taken on its own terms, it's a really good left-field, quirky, black comedy movie. A bad sequel to the previous films, sure, but a good movie in it's own right.

As for "Xenomorphs being underpowered and random" in Resurrection... Kradan already nailed it. Have you not seen Requiem? Literally every time one comes at Wolf it conveniently forgets that it has appendages with which it could attack him and turns into a comatose lump of meat so Wolf can strike a silly pose with it before shooting it in the face. "Badass", as people so often say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed