Advent & Other Deletes

Started by juhuston, Aug 02, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Author
Advent & Other Deletes (Read 17,863 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

No, Chris from the Fire and Stone and Life and Death comics.

TWJones

TWJones

Yes, Oram's first name is Chris.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TWJones on Aug 02, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

True but that's not the Chris Ultra was talking about.  :)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Bought the movie on digital, and just watched Advent. It definitely opens up ambiguity as to whether or not David or the Engineers made the xenos. It seems almost like the black goo creates but also gives rise to xenomorph-like monsters which the Engineers tried to stamp out.

There's a reference to a barbaric religious ceremony, but is when the transmission is becoming garbled, so it's open to debate as well, though it does come up when sketches of Shaw with a weird flower facehugger on her head.

I'll have to watch it again.

TWJones

TWJones

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2017, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: TWJones on Aug 02, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

True but that's not the Chris Ultra was talking about.  :)

Roger that, should probably read the whole thread before responding. ;D

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 02, 2017, 10:00:37 PM
It seems almost like the black goo creates but also gives rise to xenomorph-like monsters which the Engineers tried to stamp out.

We sort of already know that's what it does.

I welcome any scene that throws more ambiguity on the most ambiguous movies in history.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Interesting how David describes it as a "rotting paradise," and that the Engineers were trying to wipe out their creations to atone for their sins. I wonder if that's implying that the Engineers have stopped seeding the galaxy altogether by the time David arrives. If they see destroying their creations as atonement, it makes perfect sense why they would cheer the returning Juggernaut. It also fits with the idea that the Engineers were in decline.

bobcunk

bobcunk

So did David create the Neomorph or was that a native animal?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I don't think David created the Neomorph, it's the "natural" result of the black goo spores infecting a host. He created deformed Neomorph-like creatures as part of his experiments, though.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Is there anyone aside from 20th Century Fox who we can bombard with Tweets demanding a sequel to Covenant?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: bobcunk on Aug 03, 2017, 01:55:17 AM
So did David create the Neomorph or was that a native animal?

No I don't think so I think that's native, like how the Deacon ends up being created from the goo.  I think though he used Neos to experiment on, I think there's little versions of them in his experiment lab.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 02, 2017, 10:00:37 PMThere's a reference to a barbaric religious ceremony, but is when the transmission is becoming garbled, so it's open to debate as well, though it does come up when sketches of Shaw with a weird flower facehugger on her head.

Could be related to the original reproduction cycle of the Alien.
A (religious) mating ritual involving a male, female, egg/facehugger and host.
Dan O' Bannon's original ideas for the Alien race could be used for the Engineers.

QuoteReproduction was very difficult for them and had therefore become central to their religion. And this pyramid was a temple to reproduction.

See, these alien beings had two sexes of their own, but they needed a third host animal to reproduce. So they'd bring in an animal, put it up on the plinth with a spore, and whammo!  Then they'd lead the inseminated animal off to an enclosure somewhere to await the birth

Might be a reason why they were so happy to see one of their ships return. They thought it was bringing in new hosts.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

anyone know if the special features are available on the iTunes copy?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 02, 2017, 10:00:37 PM
Bought the movie on digital, and just watched Advent. It definitely opens up ambiguity as to whether or not David or the Engineers made the xenos. It seems almost like the black goo creates but also gives rise to xenomorph-like monsters which the Engineers tried to stamp out.

There's a reference to a barbaric religious ceremony, but is when the transmission is becoming garbled, so it's open to debate as well, though it does come up when sketches of Shaw with a weird flower facehugger on her head.

I was just going to say that the details David describes opens up the door for many variations of the xenomorph to exist or have existed prior to his guiding of the accelerant.

It also seems to confirm many, many of theories we fans had about the underlying content in the prequels.

I'm curious if anyone can confirm whether this was made before or after the film was released. Anyone?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 06:10:38 AM
anyone know if the special features are available on the iTunes copy?
I can confirm that they are.

I watched the awesome Advent short, a couple of deleted scenes, a listened to a bit with Scott's commentary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed