Neca Prometheus line update!

Started by BonesawT101, Jun 04, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Author
Neca Prometheus line update! (Read 166,206 times)

Monstuh

Monstuh

Any guess as to why NECA is even releasing these at all?

I wonder if these will still be packaged under the Alien: Covenant banner and be the first series of the line. Considering when they are scheduled to be released, I am thinking NECA wants to hide their Covenant creature figures until the movie has been out for a few months so as not to spoil anything. That way they can use the hype of Covenant to push these figures first. Just a wild guess.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm actually excited for the aliens/creatures from this. More so than the human characters.

I wonder if Neca will release an egg pack feature these new egg designs?

Corporal Hicks

They're always asked about the possability. I guess the renewed interest in Prometheus via Covenant has them convinced the line will turn a profit.

Monstuh

Monstuh

I couldn't be happier. I desperately wanted these figures to hit the shelf. I even bought that throwaway series 3 hoping it would help these get produced. I'm glad NECA has seen fit to release them finally.

windebieste

windebieste

I am so looking forward to seeing these released.  What a great way to round out the series.  And yes.  'PROMETHEUS' Series 3 was a little uninspiring. 

Looking forward to seeing wot NECA's 'Covie' figures have to offer.  A quarter scale neomorph, maybe..?  Oh, my! wouldn't that be fun!

-Windebieste.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Vickers!

windebieste

windebieste

Yep.  ...but when are these coming out?

I wrote a short article about their not being mentioned at all on 4/26 Day.

-Windebieste.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: windebieste on May 06, 2017, 05:42:54 AM
Yep.  ...but when are these coming out?

I wrote a short article about their not being mentioned at all on 4/26 Day.

-Windebieste.
They're coming soon.
Randy posted a pic of Vickers in final packaging today.

windebieste

windebieste

Nice.  Thanks for the heads up on that one.  Posted on the site now.

-Windebieste.

El Diablo

El Diablo

I'm dying to get my hands on these. I remember seeing a prototype of Holloway on display at Comic-Con years back.

windebieste

windebieste

I don't know if Holloway will be available.  The backing for the David 8 and Deacon figures certainly list him; but I think Holloway has since been cut - unless The Lost Wave Series 4 contains 4 figures - and that's outside of NECA's usual release strategy. 

NECA stated at one point the humans don't sell as well as the monsters.  We're lucky to be getting the Lost Wave stuff largely due to expectations from 'ALIEN: Covenant' will boost sales. 

I'm also expecting quite a few figures based on the new movie.  Maybe Holloway will appear in one of the upcoming series during the next year or so...

-Windebieste

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

There will be no Holloway figure.

windebieste

windebieste

Yeah.  That's my understanding. 

...on the other hand, a re-purposed NECA David 8 body with a fresh Holloway head sculpt.  NECA do it all the time.

-Windebieste.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Not really a fan of the movie and didn't pick up the original waves, but I might get that Vickers figure.

windebieste

windebieste

Would totally fork out cash for a Vickers inflatable love doll;  NECA action figure is the next best thing.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed