The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 118,242 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 13, 2018, 04:57:56 PM
Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 13, 2018, 04:17:37 PM
what I wouoldnt give to see the cut with the friendly predators..ok hers comes that hate....lol we cant have friendlies can we!

going back the second time was just as much fun! Im going again this saturday, and imax next week gotta see it on that huge screen too! PITY its not in 3D!!
I'd love to see a Predator coming right for me id be the only one reaching out trying to touch  him lol

I don't think it's "We cant have 'good' Predators" so much as they looked like they were part of the US Military

Yeah, that was my issue - I'm in the camp of being more than cool with pred/human team-ups, I just didn't like them in camo military gear and how their presence seemed pointless given how quickly they were introduced and then offed.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 14, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
yeah not a fan of them wearing human clothing and vice versa i did not like the humans wearing Pred tech

For me it depends on the way its handled, I didn't have much of an issue with human/droids using Pred tech on games and some books but in this movie it just didn't work out well.

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Only good thing about this movie was the hype.

Sugarcoated

Sugarcoated

After leaving the theater I did this

bobcunk

bobcunk

The ideas aren't bad, it's just that some things don't translate right into real life. Of course the predators have tech like that and there is no reason why people couldnt use it. Is like to think that when humans teach the startrek level in the predator universe there would be human ships with predators serving aboard. I cant see anything being enemies for ever, and there are probably bigger badder aliens out there.

But in think there weapons were always auto tracking. They used invisibility cloaks which would be cheating. They dont seem to be much differnt than a person biologically, maybe stronger. But they seem to be just as clumsy and let there cockiness get in the way.

The Old One

The Old One

If you include Alien in the Predator timeline, it's not a universe that is co-operative, it has a bleak outlook which wouldn't allow for anything in the vein of Star Trek, which Alien and Predator always aimed to be the opposite of.

Fundamentally they should hunt us.
We'd either wipe them out to near extinction or they would wisely remain in existence, undisclosed hunting us.

They are Predators.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: bobcunk on Sep 15, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
I cant see anything being enemies for ever

I can.  ;D

In all seriousness, the violent nature of the Predators has always struck me as the crux of their entire culture. They are a civilization of hunters, all other forms of life are either prey or scenery. Any mercy was based upon a character doing them a solid favor, or going to great lengths to earn their respect. All that gets you is a pass though. It's not like you're best bros with their species for life.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe there are a lot others who feel the same way. But one of the main things that elevates the Alien and Predator franchises above the rest is that there is no room for negotiation. Whether it's pure instinct or absolute pleasure, these creatures are totally hell bent on slaughtering us. There is the hunt, the hive, and nothing else. We will remain at each others throats, even unto extinction.

The Old One

The Old One

Well said.

The Old One

The Old One

Those designs are so awful, ugh God.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I kinda like them. The dreads are weired but it kinda makes sense for other predator animals to have them, mammals all have the same body parts so I'd assume there are alot of dreaded animals on their planet, but they also could actually be genetically modified predators. I hope we see the spider alien design soon.

Huggs

Huggs

I too want to see the spider design, purely out of curiosity. But that design for the dogs...oy. It's like something from a ninja turtles movie.

The Old One

The Old One

I despise it.

I do wish to see the "spiders" out of curiosity though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Why didnt they just use the Dog design from Predators?

The Old One

The Old One

I believe Shane Black wanted them to be more comparable to the dogs we have here on Earth.

Apart from the inclusion of mandibles, I can't imagine a much worse design as the final outcome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed