The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 118,181 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 13, 2018, 04:17:37 PM
what I wouoldnt give to see the cut with the friendly predators..ok hers comes that hate....lol we cant have friendlies can we!

going back the second time was just as much fun! Im going again this saturday, and imax next week gotta see it on that huge screen too! PITY its not in 3D!!
I'd love to see a Predator coming right for me id be the only one reaching out trying to touch  him lol

I don't think it's "We cant have 'good' Predators" so much as they looked like they were part of the US Military

StangwMagik

StangwMagik

Good to see Shane Black drawing on his background in TV to make the movie look as much like a Syfy Original as possible.  ::)

Insulin

Insulin

Incredible scene, the upgrade is simply no match for Casey Bracket and her quick reactions.

Sugarcoated

Sugarcoated

Morons, next time don't bring trained military men to fight predators, just hire female scientists. Give them a gun and they will show them how it's done.

D88M

D88M

God it looks awful :(

God it looks awful :(

Huggs

Huggs

The first minute of this was actually pretty neat. But I really hope that spit wasn't some kind of anti-Police political statement.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm not expecting any serious message from this sort of movie, whether it's about police or climate change or anything like that.

bobcunk

bobcunk

That's how every movie or is. The trained soldiers always fail but a kid or normal guy end up winning in the end.

zackpred12

zackpred12

Just left the theatre, yes the spit was a message.  Global warming was a message.  And this is my message to the makers of this film.  Dear Black and Co., I just wanted to say that I have done nothing but support you all through this process, re-shoots, release delays, canon haters, fanboys etc.  I was truly let down.  It felt like a video game.  There were so many fun moments, but were ultimately sabotaged by the very next scene.  I just wish this wasn't a predator installment.   Unfortunately,  I think the franchise is doomed after this.  I had high hopes for this film.  I planned on seeing it 3 times this weekend just to give it my money.  I may not ever watch it again.  To be clear, I was in agreement that "Predator" should be taken in a new direction, and I didn't mind the new expansion to the story.   It's just that.....it felt like a 5year old directed it!  I WAS a fan of Blacks work....until now.  I am angry due to the directorial decisions rather than the story.  Almost every shot was a close up,  action sequences were so fast paced I couldn't even keep up before it cut to something irrelevant.  There were character deaths that didn't even register!  It was a hot mess!  Nothing about this movie screams professionalism.  Oh, and ADI!  still can't figure out a way to close the mandibles without cgi huh? Typical. "Just fold em' back just like Scar!" Someone probably said. Anyway, it was fun, but is my least favorite entry.  I would go as far as to say that AVPR was was handled with more respect and dignity than this film was. Sorry....But I think so.

ZACK'S QUICK POINTS
- zoom out occasionally
- take your time......like the original
- expansion is wonderful, if taken seriously
- keep politics out of your sci-fi movie.
- Olivia Munn CANT run that fast! Humanly impossible!
- I love dogs. However, if they add nothing to the story...put them down. Otherwise it's a confusion bone to chew.
- if you cast someone as an autistic character....he or she shouldn't break character....EVER! It's not confusing, but makes the puzzle pieces not fit so well.
-  why so extra on the Gore? To please  fans?  Fans want their beloved sci fi characters to be treated realistically.
Not for (almost) every  limb, torso, and head to be completely severed with tools that couldn't even accomplish this feat.....no matter who or what the aggressor.
-fire your digital artists. Period. I have seen better  PS4 graphics. (Primarily 3rd act)

Ok, I'm done. Just needed to vent.  Enjoy the movie fellas.  If you can.      3/10

-
;)  ;)

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

yeah not a fan of them wearing human clothing and vice versa i did not like the humans wearing Pred tech

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 14, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
yeah not a fan of them wearing human clothing and vice versa i did not like the humans wearing Pred tech

It bugged me the ease with which the humans were able to use the tech, and really disliked how it could magically read their thoughts or "sense threats" like some kind of AI.

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Walking in to see it now. Just want to enjoy it but my hopes have been lowered recently  :(

Sugarcoated

Sugarcoated

Another soyboy wet dream form hollywood.
Super chick that can do it all without any training. Toxic male masculinity, retarded white kid with super powers. Safe the planet, F police message.
What's next? Hippie predators https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9LJWV8VVs

Jesscobb

Jesscobb

Just watched it...wish I hadn't. It didn't feel like a predator movie.  2/10 ... predator suit great. CGI bad. Script a mess.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 14, 2018, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: andreaNZ on Sep 14, 2018, 08:49:52 AM

It bugged me the ease with which the humans were able to use the tech, and really disliked how it could magically read their thoughts or "sense threats" like some kind of AI.

I always imagined the Predators as being more self-reliant - the idea of having them have tech with sensors that "sense threats" just seems to go against what the Predators are all about. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed