Alien: Harvest - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2019, 07:20:15 PM

Author
Alien: Harvest - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 20,597 times)

Huggs

She doesn't smile for long.

Kradan

Hmm... I really surprised how much complains that short has got. It's ... confusing.   :-\

Harvest is my favourite one. It was the only one that scared me to shit. That ending to me was creepy as f**k. That egg really terrified me. And that evil smiling android. I didn't expected that! Story made me believe that now everything is ok and safe and BAM! everybody is doomed. For 10 minutes short it was damn good.

It was kinda strange though that xeno killed android character with its tail ('cause usually aliens don't do so with synths ) but that didn't bugged me too mucn.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2019, 09:37:49 AMIt was kinda strange though that xeno killed android character with its tail ('cause usually aliens don't do so with synths )
Didn't that happen the very first time we ever saw an adult Alien and an Android in the same scene together?  ;)

The Cruentus

If you are talking about Bishop, I always just thought he was just in the way of the Queen, Ripley was her target.

Kradan

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on May 12, 2019, 10:13:37 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 12, 2019, 09:37:49 AMIt was kinda strange though that xeno killed android character with its tail ('cause usually aliens don't do so with synths )
Didn't that happen the very first time we ever saw an adult Alien and an Android in the same scene together?  ;)

Well, that was the case with the queen but i always assumed she did so because she was f**king outraged in general and Bishop helped her enemies flew off. But in Harvest android actually helped alien to get people, so yeah still a bit strange.

But outside of the logic it was pretty terrifying seeing alien's tail through her chest and her twitching as hell in convulsions. I think it served the creepiness of the ending pretty well.

The Old One

The Old One

Rewatched it.

It's Prometheus-ish the experience is worse each time.

Huggs

It's still awesome.

SiL

It's worth rewatching just to try to work out how someone looked at the edit and said to themselves "Yes, this is good work".

Huggs

Just admit you love it.

The Old One

The Old One

It's trash, and won't be memorable in any capacity in five years.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 17, 2019, 08:36:04 AM
It's trash, and won't be memorable in any capacity in four-five years.

My dad said that when he read my first book. 

I'm kidding, he refuses to read my work...

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed