Alien: Harvest - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2019, 07:20:15 PM

Author
Alien: Harvest - Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 20,606 times)

Nukiemorph

Hicks, you mentioned not liking the eggs in this one.  That bugged me too.  I'm pretty sure they just bought these:
http://store.unboxindustries.info/product/alien-xenomorph-storage-egg-pre-order

The opening just looks so rigid and mechanical.  It's kinda neat for a home decoration, but definitely not good enough for a movie.

At least they didn't dwell on it much.

Corporal Hicks

You know what, I had the exact same thought they might be but I couldn't remember who made them.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Not quite sure what to make of this one.

Enjoyed the macabre ending though!

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I just finished watching this after the mess that is Alone?!? WTF?!?.....and was pleasantly surprised with Harvest!! The tension was brilliant, well acted and really liked the Alien in this one!! Good effort 👍👍👍

I would agree with you Neocron.....my top 3 also 👍👍👍

Neocron

Wow what an ending!  Loved the tension in this one.  Definitely in my top 3 (Ore, Harvest, Specimen).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Apr 24, 2019, 03:12:05 AM
I've heard about the special thanks. Popcorn at the ready :D

Paul WS Anderson and Milla Jovovich?  ???

0321recon

Like the downer ending, though ouch that's a mess. Hated the quick cuts at the beginning, almost no character build up, unlike the others, the sudden turn of the synthetic and the magical egg on the transport. For me, this is literally what imagined a fan flick would be.

IMHO, Containment was better at executing trap in the rescue ship concept.  Pity in that we didn't have a Xeno. 

robbritton

Felt a bit "13 year old remixes Dark Horse tropes" to me.

Overall I'm disappointed in how little these have thought outside Alien cliches, but I admire the dog one and the pet facehugger one all the more for doing just that. It's been an ok run.

Corporal Hicks

SiL

Probably the most expensive looking of the bunch but god damn was that obnoxious.

P-Rock

Still better than AVP-R though.

I'd put this somewhere in the middle. Nice Alien effects.

TheDerelict

Hands down harvest is my favourite one. Loved the dark ending. And that ship travelling in the comet tail looked amazing. That short was brilliant.

426Buddy

I really enjoyed this, except for the editing, it was fun and a bit cheezy.

P-Rock

1. Ore
2. Specimen
3. Harvest
3. Night Shift
4. Alone
5. Containment

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed