AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter?

Started by Nukiemorph, Jul 14, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

Author
AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter? (Read 23,250 times)

Huggs

So when someone asks why the demos looked better? and why did the game change for the worse? He says, "The game actually changed for the better in tons of ways".

:D

Perhaps he'd be willing to compensate me for the two lungs and diaphragm I just injured laughing so hard. Seriously dude, you'd have a better chance trying to sell that the sky ain't blue on a clear day. Oh my Lord.

acrediblesource

A great Aliens game, but was missing one key component: Bullet Time slow motion action. Timing in this game is fast and the details are great, but the lack of this cinematic trait for a game based on a movie, it just seems like a lost opportunity and pisses on this Alien-based experience.

B.A.

B.A.

I, like many, had high hopes for Aliens: CM when it first appeared on the cover of Game Informer. After the console version of AvP came along, which was OK but only average, I wished for a really awesome scaled up version of the late 90s AVP on pc. Long story short...it was all a letdown. However, if you are in need of a game in the Alien/Aliens universe, Alien: Isolation makes up for all the lackluster Alien games in the last decade. It is simply a masterpiece. Although difficult, it is well worth playing. (By the way...an update for the game added an easy difficulty). You may know this already. Just a reminder.

billie

billie

as if it was the only flaw of the game ;D 

Predaker

This is a nonstory making the news rounds because they could headline it about a single letter typo and any article proclaiming a massive improvement in the AI is sorely mistaken.

Wweyland

This will not fix much, I doubt many people will try it.
It's been 5,5 years and the game is still popular clickbait I guess.
Maybe it's time to move and the perhaps Randy can finally stop getting death threats.

maron

maron

I bought it some months before and this game is difficult af. I heard it was too easy before.
Now, *slash* *slash* and dead.
Never played the game again.  ;D

lost dragon

Not much to add to what's already been said.

I completed the game on the 360 and lacklustre A.I, as disappointing as it was to be encountered, was far down the list of OMG..how did this get through?/WTF is this sh#t moments i had with the game.

It's been 5 years, the game failed to capture any of the potential it had and was a cluster f##k from start to bloody finish.

It joins a list of disappointing Alien games, films and Graphic novels that have had my time and money.

Sadly i expect it won't be the last.

Nukiemorph

Honestly, the AI was my biggest issue.  I didn't see the promotional material before, so I didn't know how much better it looked before release.  I looked afterwards and I understand the misrepresentation, but I was definitely late to that controversy.

The game was a basic Aliens shooter that I had enough fun with, but my biggest gripe was aliens constantly getting stuck running into walls, going in the opposite direction from me.  These things are supposed to be trying to kill me, but it was like they were wind-up toys going in random directions.

Richman678

I read about this over the weekend....Gearbox is pathetic.

Bad Replicant

I've never played this game, but this story is funny to me.

Hemi

This is old news. TemplarGFX found this error last year.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

Not sure why this is beeing picked up now... 

Dead by Acelight

Gaaah, it's sounds like bad joke

The Old One

The Old One

The only ACM worth anyone's time is the Doom mod.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 16, 2018, 07:39:30 AM
This is old news. TemplarGFX found this error last year.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

Not sure why this is beeing picked up now... 
My point and I remember reading about it here on this message board...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed