AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter?

Started by Nukiemorph, Jul 14, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

Author
AI Fixed by Correcting a Single Letter? (Read 23,858 times)

newbeing

I'm curious to try this fix out, but honestly I haven't played the game in so long I wonder if I'd really noticed the improvement.

OpenMaw

Bahahhahahahahaha! AHahahahahhahaahhaa

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm dying. Oh stop. This had to be a prank. Oh god... Hahahahaahaha. No, no... It's too much.

Five years on and they never figured this out!? WHAAHAHAAHhaa....! Oh Gearbox, just stop making games... HAhaha... I can't breath.

newbeing

newbeing

I just tried the fix and honestly I didn't notice any difference. Might be situational to environment (played the level where you first encounter the queen), so maybe it's more noticeable in more confined spaces.

Either way anyone acting like this was the biggest reason for why this game was a huge letdown doesn't remember playing the rest of the game...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 14, 2018, 02:55:26 AM
Either way anyone acting like this was the biggest reason for why this game was a huge letdown doesn't remember playing the rest of the game...

Yep. The AI was horrifically bad, but so was everything else.

"Aliens: Colonial Marines. Available on Etch a Sketch. Pre-order yours at Hobby Lobby."

gabgrave

Ooh my god... this is just rich... :o

OpenMaw

Quote from: newbeing on Jul 14, 2018, 02:55:26 AM
I just tried the fix and honestly I didn't notice any difference. Might be situational to environment (played the level where you first encounter the queen), so maybe it's more noticeable in more confined spaces.

1. That's probably the worst level to test this out.
2. Nobody is saying this is the reason the game was awful. The game was awful for a shopping list of reasons.

3. Donuts.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 14, 2018, 02:38:37 AM
Bahahhahahahahaha! AHahahahahhahaahhaa

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm dying. Oh stop. This had to be a prank. Oh god... Hahahahaahaha. No, no... It's too much.

Five years on and they never figured this out!? WHAAHAHAAHhaa....! Oh Gearbox, just stop making games... HAhaha... I can't breath.

I don't think that they cared. They should have the tools to notice the aliens not doing that one behavior and focus on looking into that specifically, but it looks like once the game was done they washed their hands and moved all the main people somewhere else.

Local Trouble

Can y'all forgive Randy now?

urvile

That's amazingly awful

Still Collating...

Tried it, works well but the AI isn't magically a genius all of a sudden. This makes the AI from laughingly bad to decent. The reports are over hyping this. It's an interesting situation still and bravo to the guy who found the problem, but the wasn't the only or biggest problem of the game.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Decent is good enough. Can't be much worse than the generic AI DICE presented to us in every SP they delivered so far.
Sad thing is, i read about this months ago... didn't try it yet.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2018, 09:37:03 PM
Hell to the no.

D88M

LOL

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2018, 09:37:03 PM

Such power exists?  ;)

Gate

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed