Aliens Turn In Fortnite Now?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 24, 2021, 03:13:33 PM

Author
Aliens Turn In Fortnite Now? (Read 9,911 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yet, I suspect, with no scientific data, that some who complain today, will give something like this to their future children, tomorrow:

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Aliens being marketed for kids is not something new, we've had kenner toys, dark horse comics that came with those, mobile games such as AvP Evolution and Alien vs Pinball, and AvP was even rated pg 13 so that it could attract younger folk, playing Fortnite with the Pred or Alien skin always gets a "they are so cool but scary/ugly" reaction from my teammates, and I've had more than one kid say they went to watch the original Predator movie because of the Predator event.
I got introduced to this franchise because of the AvP movie, I was barely 6 at the time and I loved it, (now not so much as my nitpicks of Adis designs would suggest), I see absolutely no reason to complain about this because even tho I don't like Fortnite too much, it's just a game, and I'm glad that in this small crossover there is so much fan service to the older fans and respect to the franchise, they even got the Pred face anatomy right! (Which is more than MKX did to both of them)

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 26, 2021, 11:03:14 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 26, 2021, 06:39:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2021, 06:37:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNeG0F2nDk

That announcement trailer is pretty cool.
Best piece of Alien content we got since 2014

Lmao f**k off honestly

(Slightly mean but c'mon)
You are right, Alien Ore and Alien Specimen came after that haha, jokes aside, the trailer is really well done, wish the Alien would get a Archeron drone style tho

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, I think there were even fluorescent toys  :laugh:

Quote from: razeak on Feb 26, 2021, 06:38:44 PM
It's a fun skin in a fun video game. Why cry about it?

Indeed! It's just for fun. Also, likely they will see it no so different from other space monster of any video games they have already played.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

The context though, of aliens and predators running around like humans with giant popsicles and pickaxes while building a bridge for no real reason isn't the same as watching the movie when you were 11 or buying alien action figures as a kid 🤷‍♂️

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 26, 2021, 08:03:10 PM
The context though, of aliens and predators running around like humans with giant popsicles and pickaxes while building a bridge for no real reason isn't the same as watching the movie when you were 11 or buying alien action figures as a kid 🤷‍♂️
Obviously, but that doesnt make it bad, the same applies to every other character in that game, it's a silly game, that's it, there is no need to get mad or gatekeep over it

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

Yes, maybe getting mad and gatekeeping is going a little overboard, I can also see why fans would be more tongue-in-cheek upset when seeing their favorite creatures devolved to a goofy fortnite skin instead of being featured in something cool like mortal Kombat

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah I have no problem with the inclusion here, it'll be a good introduction to the younger crowd to the franchise.

Sure a dancing Xenomorph is pretty silly, but I think everyone understands that all the guest appearances in Fortnite are not representative of the vibe of those respective franchises. I mean they had Deadpool and John Wick in the game also. I had my introduction with the Kenner toys which were definitely more geared to kids than the franchise itself is.

This was pretty cool, someone built the a Nostromo map in the Fortnite Creative Mode:

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

I will admit, those new Lanard 7" figures are pretty cool, got some for the boys and ended up getting some for me too, I hope they do another series but actually finish the paint on the predators

EpicGamer

EpicGamer

I'm not 25-30 but the first R rated movie I saw was alien and it was when I was like 5 or 6

iain

iain

This is a great way to introduce the Alien to a whole new generation.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Everyone that got the Alien bundle also got this new loading screen today!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yup I got one too. One for Pred and one for Alien. Good stuff. 👍

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My gripe isn't specific to Alien but the movie references in general, mainly I feel that if Fortnite didn't have all this it wouldn't be as popular and might even potentially be as obscure as so many other Battle Royale games that emerged from the craze of the time. Yea, it has skins of things I like, but the base experience doesn't do anything for me.

Beyond that though it's nothing that could ever enrage me or something, I just stick to my own little corner of the sandbox.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I think we don't give children enough credit, they are a lot more mature then we think, just think back to when you were a kid and realise that your not that much different and your thoughts ate the same. I think exposing children to more mature subjects is a good thing and maybe it can desensitize them so they won't be so offended by little things. I see so many many kids today that are way to sheltered, my generation grew up watching r rated horror films from the 80s and shows like southpark from the 90s do how the hell did we get to were we are now when you you can ask someone what time it is and they accuse you of being racist or sexual harrassment?  I don't think it's silly to have a dancing alien, I would be upset if they did it in an alien movie but it's a multiplayer deathmatch game, I think they should include real people like Charles Manson and hitler,  they don't have to be bad either have mr. Roger's (I doubt they could get the rights) or even Jesus and Muhammad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed