The Alien's AI seems to have been updated recently o.O

Started by chainsawsquirrel, Apr 28, 2016, 01:33:00 PM

Author
The Alien's AI seems to have been updated recently o.O (Read 8,285 times)

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Xeno Infestation on May 12, 2016, 12:44:54 PM
Played this game through, i enjoyed every moment of it, but AI could be much better, wherever you go Alien is just following you, even if you don't make any sounds like it has some kind of psychic abilities. If you hide, it knows where you hide and it starts to walk nearby, exactly this thing was a big disappointment for me.

I kinda disagree. I say if he's in the vents, he's effectively not there (unless u make too much noise) so u can usually just go on with ur life & ignore the tracker. there are only odd occasions where he pops out and either checks ur area randomly orrr checks another one not too far off aand u happen to stumble into him. I usually hear his footsteps or him poppingout the vent b4 this happens tho.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 21, 2016, 06:00:24 AMI kinda disagree. I say if he's in the vents, he's effectively not there (unless u make too much noise) so u can usually just go on with ur life & ignore the tracker.

On the harder difficulties he will come out for random searches even if you don't make too much noise.

Xeno Infestation

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 21, 2016, 10:10:26 AM
On the harder difficulties he will come out for random searches even if you don't make too much noise.

exactly

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 21, 2016, 06:00:24 AM
I kinda disagree. I say if he's in the vents, he's effectively not there (unless u make too much noise) so u can usually just go on with ur life & ignore the tracker. there are only odd occasions where he pops out and either checks ur area randomly orrr checks another one not too far off aand u happen to stumble into him. I usually hear his footsteps or him poppingout the vent b4 this happens tho.

forgot to mention about it, i recommend you to start over again, the game will be totally different

PsyKore

The Alien is leashed to the player at all times. On harder difficulties the leash becomes tighter and the Alien is more responsive. Personally, I don't like the AI because it makes gameplay become too routine and it subsequently kills any proper tension. It can sometimes even get to the point where it's just annoying. However, in my experience the Alien is less predictable on the easier difficulties because it's a bit more random in how he responds, which can make gameplay more fun.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: PsyKore on May 23, 2016, 09:25:36 AM
The Alien is leashed to the player at all times. On harder difficulties the leash becomes tighter and the Alien is more responsive. Personally, I don't like the AI because it makes gameplay become too routine and it subsequently kills any proper tension. It can sometimes even get to the point where it's just annoying. However, in my experience the Alien is less predictable on the easier difficulties because it's a bit more random in how he responds, which can make gameplay more fun.

I completely agree here. I think normal difficulty is the best way to experience the game because of the reasons listed above. Getting to mission 9 onwards on normal with no deaths is far more tense and terrifying that being on mission 9 in nightmare mode having died 387 times already.

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Xeno Infestation on May 21, 2016, 10:34:07 PM

exactly

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 21, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

forgot to mention about it, i recommend you to start over again, the game will be totally different
idk why ur telling me that hudafuk, I already said that it does random checks.

and what do u mean by start over? I played through tonnes of times, nearly got all achievments. maybe 5 left?

Xeno Infestation

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 24, 2016, 07:05:08 PM
and what do u mean by start over? I played through tonnes of times, nearly got all achievments. maybe 5 left?

played through tonnes of times means you played over 150 hours, achievements have no meaning here and it's easier to get them if you play on lower difficulty, we are talking about alien behavior, when you switch your difficulty, Alien becomes very annoying, it's almost impossible to explore the ship.
Btw, do you play it on console or PC ?

Sabres21768

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 23, 2016, 11:02:25 AM

I completely agree here. I think normal difficulty is the best way to experience the game because of the reasons listed above. Getting to mission 9 onwards on normal with no deaths is far more tense and terrifying that being on mission 9 in nightmare mode having died 387 times already.
There is a mod for the pc version that takes the "leash" off and makes the Alien encounters completely random.

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Xeno Infestation on May 26, 2016, 10:10:40 AM
Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 24, 2016, 07:05:08 PM

played through tonnes of times means you played over 150 hours, achievements have no meaning here and it's easier to get them if you play on lower difficulty, we are talking about alien behavior, when you switch your difficulty, Alien becomes very annoying, it's almost impossible to explore the ship.
Btw, do you play it on console or PC ?

I almost always play on hard mode, occasionally swap tp nightmare.

PsyKore

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 27, 2016, 02:41:16 AM

There is a mod for the pc version that takes the "leash" off and makes the Alien encounters completely random.

Hmm, that's cool! I wasn't aware of this. I'll need to play through the game again just to see how good the mod is.

Sabres21768

Quote from: PsyKore on May 30, 2016, 02:44:01 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 27, 2016, 02:41:16 AM

Hmm, that's cool! I wasn't aware of this. I'll need to play through the game again just to see how good the mod is.
Let me know what you think of it. I'm curious.

Corporal Hicks

Is there a link to it?

Corporal Hicks

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on May 21, 2016, 06:00:24 AMI kinda disagree. I say if he's in the vents, he's effectively not there (unless u make too much noise) so u can usually just go on with ur life & ignore the tracker.

Hey Hudafuk, look into my eyes, LOL, sorry had to say that, love the pic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed