Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,539 times)

RidleyScott99

Quote from: bb-15 on Oct 04, 2020, 09:22:10 PM
Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Oct 04, 2020, 08:02:10 PM
I loved it even the Luke Scott Directed Episodes.

I finally got to see it and I agree with you.
Philip K Dick wrote; "Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?"
That was Dick's vision about what sentient artificial lifeforms could become.

There have been many other influential interpretations since then including;
1979 "Alien"
1982 "Blade Runner"
The HBO "Westworld" series.

- Ridley Scott has been influenced by all the major science-fiction writers. He has been fascinated by the implications of what AI could be. About what forms alien creatures could take. About parasitic lifeforms. About how religion can affect behavior in multiple ways.

I enjoy serious science-fiction, I very much liked the series.

;)
I agree. Even though he didn't wrote it, RAISED BY WOLVES reminds a lot of KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, COVENANT, PROMETHEUS, ALIEN and BLADE RUNNER

Ridlazz921

The way series are built up, i hope Ridley will return to direct some of the latter episodes in season 2.
Because of TV series formula, they will try to build up some tension and cliffhangers in the season final, and i would love to see Ridley direct that.

But at the same time. I think he is really good with openings, and kicking things off. Like in season one, the 2 first two episodes were masterfully directed and set up.

The crazy idea would be to have him direct the whole season 2, like f**k it, i will take it all. But i doubt thats gonna happen.
But i hope that at least he will direct more episodes in season 2. Like, if the did the first two and the last two episodes, i would more then happy.

Xiggz456

Little late but what a fantastic finale to an amazing first season! Probably gonna binge rewatch all of season 1 now  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Oct 05, 2020, 09:23:03 AM
The crazy idea would be to have him direct the whole season 2, like f**k it, i will take it all. But i doubt thats gonna happen.
But i hope that at least he will direct more episodes in season 2. Like, if the did the first two and the last two episodes, i would more then happy.

Yeah, the first season took 7 months to film, would be very exhausting for just one director. Especially one who is an octogenarian. But with the long filming schedule it might be possible for Scott to do one or two of the last few episodes of season 2, who knows.

Nightmare Asylum

Even if he doesn't direct any more (and I really hope he does) the remainder of season one proved to me that Guzikowski has this ship very much under control. Hell, even Luke Scott really stepped up his game for that finale.

Based on Guzikowski's comments it sounds like Ridley is going to be hands on with a lot of the design again for season two as well.

Ridlazz921

I dont know why people seams to dislike Luke xD
I think that he got some filler epsiodes after Scotts strong opening if u are rewatching it. He was damn strong in the finale episode.
But again, amazing script with lots of wtf moments, so maybe the material made the job easier.

Idk, i think Luke is a decent director so im not hating on his episodes. Opening shot of episode 3 i really enjoyed so.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't dislike Luke, per say. And I definitely wouldn't call his earlier episodes filler by any stretch; nothing in the show was filler, really. Guzikowski and his team's scripts saw to that. Luke's episodes are just as important as everyone else's.

I just don't think his directing is quite as dynamic as his contemporaries most of the time. It shows when watching his episodes back to back with his father's, or when comparing the Prometheus/Alien: Covenant/Blade Runner 2049 virals to the respective films that they accompany. I also didn't care for Morgan.

All that being said, his work behind the camera really impressed me in that final episode.

This shot, for example, is one of many that really wowed me in the finale.

Immortan Jonesy

I was a bit worried when I found out that Luke Scott would be the director of the last episode. So the final result was a pleasant surprise  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 05, 2020, 05:34:12 PM
Based on Guzikowski's comments it sounds like Ridley is going to be hands on with a lot of the design again for season two as well.

That's good news. I know it's mostly homage, but this new world seems more and more like the wild fever dream that Scott wanted to achieve with his Alien prequels  8)

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 06, 2020, 04:49:10 AM
I was a bit worried when I found out that Luke Scott would be the director of the last episode. So the final result was a pleasant surprise  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 05, 2020, 05:34:12 PM

That's good news. I know it's mostly homage, but this new world seems more and more like the wild fever dream that Scott wanted to achieve with his Alien prequels  8)
The Production Designer worked in ALIEN: COVENANT. And Janty Yates worked in PROMETHEUS. If Ridley Scott is too busy with THE LAST DUEL and GUCCI, Ridley Scott could Return in SEASON 3. I think RAISED BY WOLVES will be getting, at least, 4 Seasons by HBO MAX

Nightmare Asylum

Funny enough, regarding one of the many details that feels like a sort of "homage," Guzikowski originally envisioned his androids as having black blood so as to not copy Ridley. It was  Ridley that told him to change the blood to white, to give them that shorthand that people familiar with the genre will understand immediately.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 06, 2020, 01:57:38 PM

Funny enough, regarding one of the many details that feels like a sort of "homage," Guzikowski originally envisioned his androids as having black blood so as to not copy Ridley. It was  Ridley that told him to change the blood to white, to give them that shorthand that people familiar with the genre will understand immediately.

Aye. Among other things, milkblood Androids are definitely a trope thanks to Ridley.

On the other hand,
Spoiler
I missed an exploration of the topic of religion vs atheism. I think that was superficially addressed. I don't know if it will be suitable for the show, as Mother is among the most interesting, but maybe using Caleb's past (or the real Marcus) as a plot device they can achieve that. The creator of Mother also seems ideal to explore that theme.
[close]

One thing I really liked is the juxtaposition of tropes, tributes and symbolisms, all of which made the show surreal at times.

Ingwar

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 06, 2020, 05:31:49 PM
Spoiler
I missed an exploration of the topic of religion vs atheism. I think that was superficially addressed. I don't know if it will be suitable for the show, as Mother is among the most interesting, but maybe using Caleb's past (or the real Marcus) as a plot device they can achieve that. The creator of Mother also seems ideal to explore that theme.
[close]

Spoiler
I wouldn't be shocked to see the original Campion step off of that Atheist Ark we saw in the finale - perhaps with another reprogrammed Necromancer played by Amanda Collin alongside him...
[close]

Ingwar

Are we gonna see another ... eee ... fingering?

Nightmare Asylum

I would be disappointed if we didn't!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed