Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,720 times)

Kradan

Sometimes, I hate you, guys  :P

Spoiler
;D
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Some random riffing/speculation based on yesterday's episodes.

Spoiler
The Campion AI, the Tally ghost, and the voice of Sol in Marcus' head are almost certainly the same entity. Not sure if we're looking at an advanced AI here, or maybe some alien entity that 2001'd it and evolved beyond physical form?

Also, the rapist guy claimed to have heard Sol while on the Ark. Meanwhile, none of the other stuff, the Tally ghost, for example, happened until after the Ark crashed. This makes me think that whatever this entity is, it is communicating and reaching out via the Sim. Mother followed Tally to the terminal that allowed her to access the Sim, which then brought her face to face with her memories of Campion 1, which made her vulnerable to the "Campion AI" and his actions in episode 6.

This entity also has to be connected to the humanoid figure that stole the kids' locator chips, I'd imagine, though I'm not quite sure what their connection would be...
[close]

Many mysteries afoot...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Long time Ridley Scott collaborator, Janty Yates talks costumes:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2020, 02:50:03 PM
Some random riffing/speculation based on yesterday's episodes.

Spoiler
The Campion AI, the Tally ghost, and the voice of Sol in Marcus' head are almost certainly the same entity. Not sure if we're looking at an advanced AI here, or maybe some alien entity that 2001'd it and evolved beyond physical form?

Also, the rapist guy claimed to have heard Sol while on the Ark. Meanwhile, none of the other stuff, the Tally ghost, for example, happened until after the Ark crashed. This makes me think that whatever this entity is, it is communicating and reaching out via the Sim. Mother followed Tally to the terminal that allowed her to access the Sim, which then brought her face to face with her memories of Campion 1, which made her vulnerable to the "Campion AI" and his actions in episode 6.

This entity also has to be connected to the humanoid figure that stole the kids' locator chips, I'd imagine, though I'm not quite sure what their connection would be...
[close]

Many mysteries afoot...

To add something quick onto this...

Spoiler
I bet Paul's mouse Mouse returning from the dead is another manifestation of this entity.
[close]

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 18, 2020, 03:03:33 PM
Long time Ridley Scott collaborator, Janty Yates talks costumes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJEwQO5CxUw

Cannot wait for blu ray release. We gonna have tons of materials to watch. Hopefully.

Nightmare Asylum

Fingers crossed that HBO Max does Blu-ray releases...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah well, HBO released all the Game of Thrones seasons on Blu-Ray usually within 6 to 9 months after their premiers.

Quote from: Ingwar on Sep 18, 2020, 07:16:09 PM
Cannot wait for blu ray release. We gonna have tons of materials to watch. Hopefully.

Hope there are more featurettes coming. I think you posted the IGN "From Sketch to Screen" one earlier but here is a clean version without the presenter commentary at the beginning and end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjD82nKybUA

Evanus

Yeah, Imma need a Blu-ray of this. I'm gonna feel guilty otherwise  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

HBO Max is technically a separate entity from HBO though, and a lot of streaming services seem reluctant about releasing physical media. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

Stolen

Episodes 6 & 7 : Ok guys, that's the best sci-fi tv show ever.

RidleyScott99

The music sounds very similar to PROMETHEUS. Maybe because Marc Streitenfeld was The Composer

Evanus

Streitenfeld and Ben Frost did a good job. Definitely has a Prometheus vibe here and there

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 19, 2020, 08:49:53 PM
Streitenfeld and Ben Frost did a good job. Definitely has a Prometheus vibe here and there
I known it will never happen because Disney owns PROMETHEUS, but sometimes RAISED BY WOLVES felt like PROMETHEUS 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed