Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,137 times)

Enoch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2020, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Sep 10, 2020, 01:48:01 PM
Just watched fourth and fifth episode. This show is quite surreal.
Its difficult to say where all this leads, but I like it very much. :)

4 and 5 spoilers below:

Spoiler
The simulated stuff with Mother and the original Campian might be some of my favorite material yet.

Really curious about the nature of that temple that was kind of the centerpiece of episode 4.

Any thoughts on who the figure that was living in the serpent remains might be? Perhaps whoever it is has been raising Tally out there – making her yet another child "Raised by Wolves..."
[close]

Spoiler
The temple is dodecahedron - it is one of platonic solids composed of 12 regular pentagonal faces. Aristotle mentions it as a building block of cosmos (Aether). Pentagon is obviously an important symbol in the series. Its is interesting that Mother and Father raise 6 children, then FIVE die and only Campion remains, but later Mother brings another FIVE. Dodecahedron is comprised of 12 pentagonal faces and Campion is 12 years old... There are some interesting symbolic parallels.Maybe they are just coincidences, but nevertheless it is intriguing.

Regarding that mysterious figure living in the serpent's head, its still hard for me to guess who that might be, but the whole scene under the snake's head reminded me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protevangelium At leas on symbolic level.
[close]

acrediblesource

I just found out he did the voice for Bayek in Assassins Creed Origins!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2020, 12:28:01 PM
Just watched episodes 4 and 5. I'll refrain from saying anything specific for a while yet, since it looks like I am the only one that has seen them so far, but this was another very strong pair of episodes. I'll also say that Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's directorial work in episode 5 is stronger than Luke Scott's in 3 and 4, which is nice to see.

Wow, so I've now already seen half the episodes in this season. Really hope the back half of the season is as consistently interesting as these first five, because at this point I think it is safe to say that I am really loving this show.

Good to hear, some of the reviews made it sound like the series was taking a nosedive in later episodes.

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1303951340331302913

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1304041937528217600

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 10, 2020, 03:44:10 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2020, 12:28:01 PM
Just watched episodes 4 and 5. I'll refrain from saying anything specific for a while yet, since it looks like I am the only one that has seen them so far, but this was another very strong pair of episodes. I'll also say that Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's directorial work in episode 5 is stronger than Luke Scott's in 3 and 4, which is nice to see.

Wow, so I've now already seen half the episodes in this season. Really hope the back half of the season is as consistently interesting as these first five, because at this point I think it is safe to say that I am really loving this show.

Good to hear, some of the reviews made it sound like the series was taking a nosedive in later episodes.

Just need to get through one more episode with Luke Scott's, uhh, quality of directing. :D

But yeah, episode 5 especially today does some really cool stuff, visually and narratively. Some really striking mid-season revelations.

Stolen

HBO said nothing about the reception of the show?
I want confirmation that we'll have another season.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They've been mum so far, but twitter and other social media folk are certainly talking about this show. The trailer views on YouTube also completely trounced those of all the other HBO Max shows.

Another shot of Ridley on set:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2020, 01:34:53 AM
Man, I really want one of these Mother Necromancer miniatures they put in the Virtual Premiere packages that were sent out. Surely someone is gonna wind up putting one on eBay....

https://twitter.com/ColossalMinis/status/1304089669383065600

Nightmare Asylum

I want one of those miniatures...

Also, second episode of the podcast:

Ridlazz921

I must say i like the simplicity of the first episodes
There were enough mysteries to explore, or to leave unexplained.
I am kinda worried now, more mysteries, getting a slight LOST vibe.
No spoilers.

Not a fan of some of the flashbacks, liked some of the backstories as they were, untold, you didnt need an explenation for some of it.

Still curiouse to see where it is going. Love the design of things. Ridley is indeed missed. I thing the biggest differences is in some of the way he and Dariuz lights the scenes. And ofc the compostion and combination of the shots.

Really curious the see when the creepy MED droid from the trailer is gonna turn up.
Is it the same droid from epsiode 2...maybe...maybe not.

Effectz

I've finished episode 3 and I don't know what to think of this show yet. The mithraic android with his bowl haircut was creepy though

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Effectz on Sep 10, 2020, 11:10:03 PM
The mithraic android with his bowl haircut was creepy though

Spoiler
[close]

Effectz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 10, 2020, 11:11:33 PM
Quote from: Effectz on Sep 10, 2020, 11:10:03 PM
The mithraic android with his bowl haircut was creepy though

Spoiler
[close]

I enjoyed that scene. My other half tried to watch this show with me but after the second episode she thought it was utter shite and she likes a good sci-fi series every now and then

Nightmare Asylum

The website has been updated with some little lore tidbits and such:

https://www.hbomax.com/raised-by-wolves/explore

Enoch

Spoiler
What do you guys think, maybe the mysterious figure is Campion Sturges in a form of an android?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 11, 2020, 09:23:05 AM
Spoiler
What do you guys think, maybe the mysterious figure is Campion Sturges in a form of an android?
[close]

Spoiler
That definitely seems to be one possibiliy.

Assuming that Tally is real and not some sort of ghost/apparition, I'm going to assume that whoever/whatever that figure is has been raising her.
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 11, 2020, 01:51:09 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Sep 11, 2020, 09:23:05 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
That definitely seems to be one possibiliy.

Assuming that Tally is real and not some sort of ghost/apparition, I'm going to assume that whoever/whatever that figure is has been raising her.
[close]

Spoiler
Considering that androids can see her, what if she is actually a projection inputted into android's minds by some hacker (Campion Sturges). What if Paul is an android too?Only Mother, Father and Paul saw her, am I correct?

There is also a great mystery revolving around that prisoner with the helmet. Its obvious that his face was purposefully concealed for the sake of the story, when they reveal his identity, it will probably be some kind of big revelation. This is of course only my assumption. Others have made similar remarks. 
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed