Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,626 times)

Necronomicon II

Yeah I'm doing the week by week blow here in Aus, let it marinate, only seen ep 1 thus far.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Sep 08, 2020, 02:05:46 PM
Yeah I'm doing the week by week blow here in Aus, let it marinate, only seen ep 1 thus far.

Is that how it is airing for you guys, or are you doing that by choice?

In the US they gave us three episodes last week (both of Ridley's, and one of Luke Scott's) and we will be getting two more this week.

lv_226

What do you think so far Nightmare?

Ridlazz921

Two episodes on Thursday :O
Oh Boi!

I was so captivated by it from the first second. I always get intense and silent while im watching anything directed by Ridley.
It was just so F U C K I N G  good.
Really enjoyed it. And i didnt mind the "slow pacing" i thought it could have been slower. Like the first episode could have been a 1hr 20min movie.
Beautiful shot. And im really looking forward to see where its going.

I think this is what he wanted to do with the Alien series. Because the end of Covenant is baisiclly the starting point of this series.
Curious to see the tropical zone of the planet too.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: lv_226 on Sep 08, 2020, 06:16:50 PM
What do you think so far Nightmare?

I am all in on this. 8) Entirely gripped so far. I've even watched each episode twice over.

The directing in the Luke Scott episode is a bit of a drop-off after how great Ridley's directing in the first two is, but it isn't a significant enough dip to harm the show at all. It just really emphasizes how good Ridley is. Narratively, episode 3 was just as strong as the first two and has me chomping at the bit for episodes 4 and 5 on Thursday.

Raised By Wolves lets Ridley Scott expand one of his strangest sci-fi ideas

https://tv.avclub.com/raised-by-wolves-lets-ridley-scott-expand-one-of-his-st-1844914902/amp

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 08, 2020, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Sep 08, 2020, 02:05:46 PM

Is that how it is airing for you guys, or are you doing that by choice?

In the US they gave us three episodes last week (both of Ridley's, and one of Luke Scott's) and we will be getting two more this week.

That's how it's rolling out here.

Ridlazz921

Anyone know where to find the soundtrack?
Is it on spotify ?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Sep 08, 2020, 10:52:58 PM
Anyone know where to find the soundtrack?
Is it on spotify ?

As far as I can tell, it isn't out anywhere yet. I'd imagine that will remain the case until after the season ends, most likely.

I really want to listen to it outside the series, 'cause I'm really enjoying it so far.

acrediblesource

I'm astounded by the set and costume design! Its such a cool take on what I would gather to be a reimagining of early 60s scifi.
I haven't been stunned by a show in a long time!

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 09, 2020, 01:02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1303679554150522881

That first melody with strings and bowed instrument (cello drone) is so eerie and uncanny. Melodically, it reminds me of Howard Shore's Lothlorien theme (sarangi part), but I think I have also heard it somewhere else. It boggles me, because it is so similar to something that I have heard in the past, but I can not remember it.  You can hear that melody here, in the first few seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GjvX1Gk-HU

The second part of the music in this twitter video is a direct rip-off from Prometheus, so I presume it was composed by Marc Streitenfeld.

Nightmare Asylum

Just watched episodes 4 and 5. I'll refrain from saying anything specific for a while yet, since it looks like I am the only one that has seen them so far, but this was another very strong pair of episodes. I'll also say that Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's directorial work in episode 5 is stronger than Luke Scott's in 3 and 4, which is nice to see.

Wow, so I've now already seen half the episodes in this season. Really hope the back half of the season is as consistently interesting as these first five, because at this point I think it is safe to say that I am really loving this show.

Enoch

Just watched fourth and fifth episode. This show is quite surreal.
Its difficult to say where all this leads, but I like it very much. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 10, 2020, 01:48:01 PM
Just watched fourth and fifth episode. This show is quite surreal.
Its difficult to say where all this leads, but I like it very much. :)

4 and 5 spoilers below:

Spoiler
The simulated stuff with Mother and the original Campian might be some of my favorite material yet.

Really curious about the nature of that temple that was kind of the centerpiece of episode 4.

Any thoughts on who the figure that was living in the serpent remains might be? Perhaps whoever it is has been raising Tally out there – making her yet another child "Raised by Wolves..."
[close]

'Raised By Wolves' Creator Explains Why That Episode 5 Torture Device is Even Crazier Than It Looks

https://decider.com/2020/09/10/raised-by-wolves-episode-5-torture-helmet-explainer/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed