Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,234 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Gonna start rewatching the available episodes this weekend, I think. Soak in a few details I may have missed, while twiddling my thumbs waiting for Thursday...

BlueMarsalis79

Ben Frost's also a superb composer in his own right.
https://youtu.be/e8VaMD5WoRM

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 05, 2020, 05:14:56 AM
https://twitter.com/jeffvandermeer/status/1302037217091694594

This is the author of Annihilation. I adore the film, but haven't read his trilogy of books yet...

He's also the author of Predator: South China Sea!

BlueMarsalis79

Xiggz456

Really enjoyed episode 3 although I did notice a slight drop in cinematography with the absence of Ridley. But Luke Scott still did a great job and I am thoroughly impressed by this show!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 05, 2020, 01:10:29 PM
Really enjoyed episode 3 although I did notice a slight drop in cinematography with the absence of Ridley. But Luke Scott still did a great job and I am thoroughly impressed by this show!

Yeah, I agree that Luke's directing isn't quite as strong as his father's and it definitely shows a bit there, though thankfully it wasn't as big a departure as I feared it might be. Ridley really did set the tone, and it seems like all of the other directors are going to be following the blueprint that he set forth. I look forward to Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's episodes, since he did a phenomenal job directing some episodes of Battlestar Galactica, which is kind of in this wheelhouse. And the writing in episode 3 was just as strong as in the first two episodes, which is a very good sign so far.

Ridley has expressed interest in returning for more episodes, if this does get picked up for a second season; showrunner Aaron Guzikowski has a five year plan, so I definitely don't expect a clean ending to this season.

https://twitter.com/RaisedWolvesMAX/status/1302245096914444289

Stolen

Glad to see your excellent feedback!
I can't wait to see the episodes! today for me...

marrerom

This show is phenomenal. Ridley Scott knocked it out of the park. Makes me wish that his alien covenant sequel would be a miniseries instead of just a 2 hour movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 05, 2020, 02:03:37 PM
And the writing in episode 3 was just as strong as in the first two episodes, which is a very good sign so far.

Unfortunately the later episodes have different writers as well as directors so will probably dip a bit.

Another bts pic of Ridley on set:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 05, 2020, 03:46:47 PM
Unfortunately the later episodes have different writers as well as directors so will probably dip a bit.

Fingers crossed that Guzikowski is able to keep a steady ship going, even on the episodes he isn't writing himself. That'll be the real test of his abilities as a showrunner, I'd imagine.

I just rewatched the pilot. It is an even better experience the second time around, honestly. So much fascinating worldbuilding going on that you don't really pick up on the first time around, as you're adjusting to this new world. Will be revisiting the other two episodes soon as well.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, looks like we have three more episodes written by Guzikowski then the rest by relatively unknowns.

Nightmare Asylum

Which is pretty par for the course, on a television series like this. If this was intended to be a miniseries/limited series from the onset, then I'd be a bit concerned about Guzikowski not writing every episode, but since this is (intended to be, at least - we'll see if it actually gets renewed) a more traditional, multi-season television series, then them staffing up a writer's room is expected.

Stolen

I loved the first two episodes. The show is strange and soooo Ridley Scott, whether in the visuals, the themes, the style. Production design is top notch. I'm already invested in the story and religious conflict.

Local Trouble

God, this show is peak Ridley.  I just hope it'll scratch whatever itch he has to make David 3 so he can get it out of his system.

Nightmare Asylum

Just finished rewatching the third episode; I've now seen each one of them twice. Bring on the next two episodes on Thursday. 8)

Spoiler

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed