Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,773 times)

Enoch

This is intense!

Ingwar

I wouldn't be surprised if they used some footage from Promethues or The Martian.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 24, 2020, 04:05:18 PM
I was really hoping that HBO Max was gonna release the whole season at once but it's looking like it's a one episode per week schedule.

The weekly release is a much better format IMO. Keep the discussion going for an extended period of time, rather than having everyone watch it and then move on in a weekend.

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 24, 2020, 04:14:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they used some footage from Promethues or The Martian.

I very much doubt it, since Disney legally holds the rights to all of that footage.

Ingwar

Hmm you're probably right but then why would they spend extra money to go to Wadi Rum to shoot one scene if they were shooting Wolves in South Africa?

Stolen

Find this on twitter

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 24, 2020, 04:14:20 PM

Most likely, the Wadi Rum footage we saw in Exodus were actually outtakes from Prometheus. No new Wadi Rum footage was shot for that film. I also haven't seen any evidence that new Wadi Rum footage was shot specifically for RBW.

Aside from the Wadi Rum footage we see for the VFX shot in the beginning of the new RBW trailer the rest of the mountain landscapes we see were shot at Lourensford Wine Estate outside Cape Town.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2020, 04:19:12 PM
I very much doubt it, since Disney legally holds the rights to all of that footage.

It's possible Scott Free Productions owns the Prometheus Wadi Rum footage. Prometheus wasn't actually shot there at all, Scott just sent over a team to capture aerial and ground footage for the VFX dept (see video below).

Scott also shot in the Wadi Rum for All the Money in the World (TriStar/Sony). You can take Ridley out the Wadi but you can't take the Rum outta Ridley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOWVYRe96o

Ingwar

Ridlazz921

This looks super intense.
Its the most Ridley thing i have seen in a while.
Even that one shot of a solider running reminds me of KoH with the costumes.

And yes, thats the footage from Prometheus.
Which he also used in Exodus, he even says so in the Directors commentary.

This looks intense. Getting some Prometheus vibes of that trailer music as well. Remembering the first teaser of Prometheus.
Really looking forward to this now.
Hope it isnt to "actiony" but that we get to know the world and the characters before things blow up.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Aug 24, 2020, 05:39:57 PM
Find this on twitter

Yeah, you can see it's the same plate. The one above is a VFX re-construction for Prometheus (see video I posted above) with CGI mountains added in back to create a valley. The second one is likely just raw footage.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 24, 2020, 06:10:49 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Aug 24, 2020, 05:39:57 PM
Find this on twitter

Yeah, you can see it's the same plate. The one above is a VFX re-construction for Prometheus (see video I posted above) with CGI mountains added in back to create a valley. The second one is likely just raw footage.

Spoiler
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteMOTHER (FEMALE 30-39): Mother is more fearless, bold, strict, intimidating, and stubborn than Father even though being a more advanced android and can be violent at times, which is a problem due to her immense level of strength. She also has the ability to levitate, can use mind-control, and physically morph into other beings. Desperate to be a mother she has issues with feelings and emotions. Her ambitions and stubbornness can sometimes lead to poor decisions that create tension with Father.

RidleyScott99

It seems MOTHER is The Most Interesting Role since DAVID Michael Fassbender

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I wonder what all these holes are? Seen them in quite a few shots now, all over the place. Almost looks like giant ant lion nests (or Sarlacc pits). Could be craters too I suppose.

The futuristic soldiers all have a medieval look to them:

Ingwar remember that photo of the Hind gunship cockpit on the concert art board?

And another military vehicle belonging to the Sol cult:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 24, 2020, 09:15:41 PM
I wonder what all these holes are? Seen them in quite a few shots now, all over the place. Almost looks like giant ant lion nests (or Sarlacc pits)

Wormsign ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed