Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,018 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Not thrilled by the look of this honestly I'm going to wait until it's done on this one.

Ingwar

BlueMarsalis79

I do hope it's good though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Some new production stills from the series:

Nightmare Asylum

Really liking the look of these "Igloos," inside and out.

The holograms in the bottom pic feel like the most heightened technology we've seen outside of the androids themselves so far.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Sorry Nightmare Asylum, but I just deleted my post to which you had replied. I just found better quality pictures.

Ingwar

Looks like a still from some viking movie :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 11, 2020, 08:17:28 PM

This was shot inside the Good Hope Center in Cape Town, see earlier post: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=60788.msg2365848#msg2365848

I assume it is a religious building/temple for the Sol cult, almost like the Dome of Rock in Jerusalem which also has a huge rock inside as a center piece.

This one has almost a 70's sci-fi feel to it but with the addition of modern hologram VFX.

What is she holding there? Some kind of African musical instrument?

And this little piggy built it's house out of stone.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2020, 09:33:54 PM

What is she holding there? Some kind of African musical instrument?

Looks like some kind of custom made lute. Similar to this replica of an ancient Egyptian lute but much bigger. She probably made it by herself or found it?

Immortan Jonesy

Sorry Nightmare Asylum, but I just deleted my post to which you had replied. I just found better quality pictures.

The last two remind me of David's lab.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 11, 2020, 09:54:47 PM
Looks like some kind of custom made lute. Similar to this replica of an ancient Egyptian lute but much bigger. She probably made it by herself or found it?

It does look similar and not really surprising since there are lots of African influences in that picture. And yeah probably made by herself as well.

Always liked the way Ridley juxtaposes futuristic high tech with primitive elements in his sci-fi films.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 11, 2020, 10:45:15 PM
The last two remind me of David's lab.

Yeah, all the rough-hewn stone and Dune-ish glow-globes.

Some new production stills of the sets and landscapes:

QuoteKepler 22-b. The future of humanity.

Some more bts pics of Travis Fimmel (Marcus) and the other Sol cultists:

Ridlazz921

The first thing that came to mind when i saw those mud buildings was Exodus.
They have some REALLY similar sets.

The fun thing is that Ridley def got a style of his own. And small things always reappear.

On a different note. I kinda miss the look Ridley got when using Red camera. I always prefered the look of the RED as suppose to the Alexa. That more green/yellow-ish tint. But now this is just getting nerdy :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Aug 13, 2020, 06:29:29 AM
On a different note. I kinda miss the look Ridley got when using Red camera. I always prefered the look of the RED as suppose to the Alexa. That more green/yellow-ish tint. But now this is just getting nerdy :P

Wouldn't the tint be more indicative of the colour grading added in post? Or were you comparing RAW camera footage from the Making of documentaries?

To my eyes the Prometheus (Epic Red) Blu-Ray appears a tad sharper and less grainy than Alien: Covenant (Arri Alexa). But that again could simply be due to the transfer process/compression.

Old post of Ingwar that I dug up with a link in which Wolski explains why he switched from RED to Alexa:

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 06, 2017, 08:02:16 PM
QuoteFor the production, Wolski paired Arri Alexa XT and Mini cameras — recording ArriRaw files — with Angenieux Optimo DP Rouge 16- 42mm (T2.8 ) and 30-80mm (T2.8 ) zooms, a Panavision 19-90mm (T2.8 ) Primo Compact Zoom, and Panavision PVintage primes.

QuoteHow does that factor of 3D versus 2D influence your selection of camera?
Wolski:
We definitely started using the Red Epic on Prometheus because its size made the 3D rigs much smaller and more flexible. For Alien: Covenant all the cameras were Alexas, which has really become the most reliable, consistent camera as far as I'm concerned. The problem with all these new cameras coming out is that things are changing so fast you have to spend all your time testing, figuring out the workflow and everything else.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ac/ac0617/index.php?email_cmp=JuneQRCode#/64

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed