Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,704 times)

Enoch

Enoch

:laugh:

You will also see a lot of Arthurian motifs.
Ridley is quite into that stuff. Of course many concepts about religion and humanity in general will be explored.

P.S. Use of mirrors was also Kubrick's thing.

kwisatz

Scott's pretty obsessed with disastrous facial deformations tbh. Probably to compensate for the lack of sex scenes.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

(in the making)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: kwisatz on Aug 06, 2020, 01:59:39 AM
Scott's pretty obsessed with disastrous facial deformations tbh. Probably to compensate for the lack of sex scenes.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

(in the making)

Its what Francis Bacon did in his portraits. https://medium.com/@apitargue/francis-bacon-and-the-art-of-a-dark-portrait-2a916697c471#:~:text=Study%20for%20Henrietta%20Moraes%20(1969)

I don't think that distorted and mutilated faces have anything to do with the lack of sexual scenes, and they are most definitely not a way of compensation for that.There is a greater symbolism there. Distorted face mean - distorted soul or distorted psychological image, because faces are directly related to our perception of persons, thus by destroying someones face, you destroy his or hers identity ... etc.

kwisatz

kwisatz

It really was more of a joke. Here's Scott at his early peak (some say). Facial Deformation and Sex inextricably combined:

Spoiler
[close]

Guess Giger permanently ruined the Sex part for Scott --  ;)

QuoteDistorted face mean - distorted soul or distorted psychological image, because faces are directly related to our perception of persons, thus by destroying someones face, you destroy his or hers identity ... etc.

Concurred.

Enoch

Well you are not wrong, even though you intended it as a joke.
Sexual implications are omnipresent in art.

In Alien series especially.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2020, 01:36:55 AM
It's almost like artists develop distinct styles they like to use to communicate with! :o

;D

You mean artists are masters of bias   :o

Enoch

We are all masters of bias.

Immortan Jonesy

That's so true. Also, mainstream originality vs. artist originality is a misunderstood concept; like mainstream theory vs. scientific theory. An artist needs to study and even deconstruct solid references from others before him. The originality is in how you use them. That being said, I don't mean it is a bad thing for an artist to reuse or reimagine their previous concepts.

Ridlazz921

Looks interesting.

Probably will have som big ideas. And i like the kinda horror vibes i get from it. A dark and scary world. Ridley is best when he is allowed with an R-rating, to not temper himself with the violence.

It is clear that he went back to some of his original source of inspiration, which is Moebius and Enki Bilal.

Corporal Hicks

Do we have any idea of international release for this?

Ridlazz921

Im sure there are ways to find it online once its released ;)

HBO MAX is US only?
Well its not coming to Norway. So i am like, all right screw you i will find it somewhere else.
All this US only shit makes me think they dont want to make money.

RidleyScott99

Ridley Scott said "Sex scenes are boring". I agree. 99% of all sex scenes in Movies and Series are boring.

Nightmare Asylum

Meanwhile in the US, HBO Max isn't even compatible with Roku or Firestick. I have a Firestick on my TV.

Thankfully, my second monitor on my PC is a television, so when I get Max for this I can at least run the web version on that. Wish I could get it on my proper TV, though.

kwisatz

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Aug 06, 2020, 06:42:01 AM
Probably will have som big ideas. And i like the kinda horror vibes i get from it.

I just hope these big ideas don't get in the way of more basic things (character developement, coherent plot) and we end up with a 10 hours Prometheus.

Ridlazz921

Well Prometheus is a more fast paced movie comparing it to the Original Alien.

The nature of a TV-show is that you got more time for character development. Some shows might even have to much character and not enough story.
But TV-series has a lot of tropes, filler episodes, multiple storylines, flashbacks etc. It just depends on how good they execute them.

And you say you dont hope we end up with 10 hrs of Prometheus, but remember that Prometheus was very split between who liked it and who didnt. So saying 10 hrs of Prometheus is not necessary a bad thing just because it wasnt to your liking ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed