Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 131,004 times)

Stolen

Ingwar

Ingwar

I wouldn't be like to be looked after by this kind of doctor ;D

Just found this ...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Aug 04, 2020, 04:42:41 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 03, 2020, 08:33:19 PM
Iconic to us maybe, but not to the general public.
THE MARTIAN was a huge success so the general public loved it more than PROMETHEUS and COVENANT. The Most successful Ridley Scott movies in terms of the general public are THE MARTIAN and GLADIATOR. In that order.

But box office receipts or being a success doesn't directly corleate with being iconic. The Martian was well received, Gravity with Sandra Bullock even more so for instance, but I'm not certain either will be considered iconic at the end of the day.  :)

kwisatz

Looks like weird Scott is back. Is good. I missed him (The Counselor doesn't count).

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Yup, it just happened. Got no warning. Mind officially blown!
So...is this the origin of Mother from Alien?

Ingwar

This series has nothing to do with Alien. Mother and Father are just names of androids raising up human children on Earth-alike planet.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, DP Ross Emery had this to say:

Quote"This is not a continuation of the world building done with Alien in Prometheus and Covenant but I still feel this is in the same universe as those worlds," says Emery, who was second unit photographer on The Matrix and Alien: Covenant, and cinematographer on The Wolverine. "Ridley is particularly interested in using androids as an analogue for the human race and questioning what happens if we elevate the humans who created the androids to the status of god."

Another new poster:

Quote from: kwisatz on Aug 05, 2020, 09:04:53 PM
Looks like weird Scott is back. Is good. I missed him (The Counselor doesn't count).

He kinda went AWOL after Legend.

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 05, 2020, 08:33:01 PM
Just found this ...

Kind of an Egyptian vibe going there:

Ingwar

Is this the same creature chasing a child?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 05, 2020, 06:18:08 PM
Can you grab a high-res still of that creature on the dome Mr. Jones?

I can not! my laptop died from Covid 😭😭😭😭

Well kinda  :-X

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 05, 2020, 11:00:29 PM
Is this the same creature chasing a child?

Yes.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 05, 2020, 11:20:32 PM

Tut-tut, One-trick pony.

Spoiler
[close]

QuoteHe kinda went AWOL after Legend.

There were always little scenes (David deflutivating Walter comes to mind), but this seems to incorporate a whole lot more of this stuff. Plus the the overall atmosphere gives me heavy Moebius vibes.

Perfect-Organism

Raised by Wolves.  The prequel to Dances With Wolves by Ridley Scott!  Now we know where the wolves come from... :laugh:

Sorry, had to cheese out for a bit there with a cameo appearance in this thread just for kicks..

Leaving this thread now..

Enoch

I m watching trailer again and listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQfxi8V5FA

426Buddy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on Aug 05, 2020, 11:35:38 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 05, 2020, 11:20:32 PM

Tut-tut, One-trick pony.

Well, thanks to Mr. Eighth Passenger, the most remarkable scholar in Scott carrer at AVPGalaxy, I am aware of Ridley's habit of reuse his past ideas in future projects. The image bellow David in front the mirror plus Sibylla in kingdom of heaven. Both reflecting a grotesque image of themselves, perhaps revealing their real nature.

SiL

It's almost like artists develop distinct styles they like to use to communicate with! :o

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed