Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,772 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I just want a trailer soon. Just as much as I want thy Dune trailer. :D

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2020, 04:34:13 PM
Niamh Algar as "Sue", a combat medic:

Travis Fimmel as "Marcus" a former soldier:

I'm gonna call them The Mullet Cult from now on.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The plot thickens...

Was Jean de Carrouges a secret Templar Knight/Sol Cultist?

Or has Riddles developed an unhealthy obsession with mullets?  :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Or was he a time traveller?

Anyway, it looks like the same spaceship.

And then it crashed? or rather got shot?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, definitely the same ship.

No, idea whether it crashed or was shot down. One would think if they could pilot it all the way from Earth, that they would be able to land it as well.  :-\

Ingwar

Ridley loves crashing his spaceships but being serious, I put my money on an attack.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But that again begs the question, what could have shot them down? Would the two androids and the children have weaponry that could down a huge ship like that? Or was it one of the native lifeforms, which would be quite a scary proposition?

Or perhaps a fight onboard the ship itself between different factions that caused it to crash?

Ingwar

Good questions. The best thing about this series is that that we know shit :). Fight onboard is possible or maybe it just "simply" crashed which I find odd (plot device?).

RidleyScott99

Visually, it looks more similar/closer to PROMETHEUS than BLADE RUNNER.

Ingwar

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, that looks like Mother flying off to the crashed ship we saw in that earlier footage. Apparently she can change her shape, a bit like T-X from Terminator 3 and obviously she can fly as well.

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 27, 2020, 07:25:23 AM
Good questions. The best thing about this series is that that we know shit :). Fight onboard is possible or maybe it just "simply" crashed which I find odd (plot device?).

We never actually found out why David's Juggernaut crashed in Alien Covenant. Could have been Shaw who tried to stop him or could have been a battle with the large ship he docks with or perhaps surface to air missiles, who knows?

Nightmare Asylum

He could have even crashed it himself, intentionally, to lend credence to his story.

RidleyScott99

RAISED BY WOLVES debuts in October?....

Nightmare Asylum

Sometime in the Fall for sure, but unless I missed something, I don't think we have any specifics beyond that.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2020, 07:45:15 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2020, 04:37:29 PM
Looks like Marcus (Fimmel) is part of the Sol cult then? With their shields, armour and white cloaks they kinda look like futuristic Templar Knights (also a religious warrior-monk order).

I see the RBW fan account also picked up on the Templar angle:

QuoteReminiscent here of the Knights Templar, with some Samauri influence added, as Ridley Scott has done in the past. Coincidence that the name of the character appears to
be Payen?! What do you think?

https://twitter.com/raisedbwfans/status/1273758988094656512

Brett Williams plays a character named "Payen", possibly the guy pictured. Hugues de Payens was the co-founder and first Grand Master of the Knights Templar. Always interesting digging into Ridley's mind.

A science fiction based derivate flick of Kingdom of Heaven.  ;D

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 27, 2020, 09:53:01 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 27, 2020, 07:25:23 AM

We never actually found out why David's Juggernaut crashed in Alien Covenant. Could have been Shaw who tried to stop him or could have been a battle with the large ship he docks with or perhaps surface to air missiles, who knows?

Even the docking ship is crashed. This is the kind of off-screen details that needs to be addressed in book form.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed