Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,239 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Are these the ones you're talking about Ridlazz921?

And yeah, given the heavy Moebius influences in his recent ad for Hennesy (and Alien, BR & Covenant), it's not surprising.

Ingwar

Thanks 8th! Never seen these before.

Ridlazz921

Ridlazz921

Yes. Those are the same images.
Blew my mind when i found them. It would have been an insane movie.
He was going to make it a Periode Piece, but after seing Star Wars, it turned more to Sci-fi Fantasy. And it would have been crazy.

And that one image from RBW kinda reminds me of "The airtight garage" by Moebius.

Here is the source:

https://aliens30anni.wordpress.com/2019/02/25/1979-10-fantastic-films-1/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Haha, yes it was crazy, Ridley began working on that even before he began filming The Duelists. Eventually most of it was dropped in favour of a more traditional fantasy story namely Legend.

Pity it was never made though, but I can see the studio execs balking at most of that stuff. Maybe he should have self-funded it (ala Lucas) and asked Alejandro Jodorowsky to write it and Moebius to work as production designer with a bit of LSD on the side?

Ridlazz921

Yeah, i dont remember who said it in an interview. Maybe one of the model makers on Alien. But he said Ridley was filthy rich at the time, and lived in a castle. But, we got Alien instead. The very reason we are here. But it would be fun to visit that parallel univers where he made Tristian and Isolde, Dune and I am Legend.
Oooh, and Blood Meridian, its a shame that one never got made.
And Tripoli. Yeah, i wouldnt mind a day in that parallel univers, spending it just watching Ridley Scott movies.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HollywoodreporterWarnerMedia, iHeartMedia to Produce Companion Podcasts for HBO Max Shows (Exclusive)

Comedy 'Search Party' and sci-fi drama 'Raised by Wolves' are the first TV series to get companion podcasts.
HBO Max's programming is getting the podcast treatment.

WarnerMedia and iHeartMedia have inked a deal to co-produce a slate of companion podcasts for the streamer's upcoming originals and legacy programming. The first two projects will be podcasts about comedy thriller Search Party, which is set to debut its third season on June 25, and upcoming sci-fi drama Raised by Wolves.

"Today's streaming fans are hungry for more content the second they finish an episode of their favorite shows, and podcasts are a great way to keep those fans engaged while also giving our roster of creative talent additional tools to extend the worlds of their shows and stories," said Kevin Reilly, chief content officer for HBO Max.

WarnerMedia's HBO has already dabbled in podcasting, recently releasing companion series to TV shows Chernobyl, Watchmen and McMillions. Like those podcasts, the new shows from WarnerMedia and iHeart will be available to stream on the HBO Max app. (Users can only listen to podcasts if the app is open and the screen is on, but WarnerMedia is planning to build new features that make it easier to listen on the go.) The new shows will also be available via iHeartRadio and other podcast platforms.

The deal, a first-look for iHeartMedia, also gives the companies the option to produce companion podcasts for WarnerMedia Entertainment TV networks including TNT, TBS and truTV. The entertainment conglomerate's Warner Bros. division already has an exclusive pact with Spotify for podcasts based on the DC universe and the studio's other IP franchises.

WarnerMedia and iHeart will both commit marketing resources to promote the podcasts and the TV programming. iHeart will lead ad sales and placement with input from WarnerMedia.

"WarnerMedia Entertainment's networks and brands have long been a marvel in the entertainment industry and we're ecstatic for the opportunity to be a part of their legendary storytelling and to bring this trove of new content to the iHeartPodcast Network," said Conal Byrne, president of iHeartPodcast Network.

Search Party, which aired on TBS for its first two seasons, was created by Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers and Michael Showalter and stars Alia Shawkat, John Reynolds, Meredith Hagner and John Early. Raised by Wolves, which was originally developed for TNT before moving to HBO Max, will be directed and executive produced by Ridley Scott and tells the story of a pair of androids tasked with raising human children.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warnermedia-iheartmedia-produce-companion-podcasts-hbo-max-shows-1299785

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2020, 05:54:54 PM

Quote from: HollywoodreporterWarnerMedia, iHeartMedia to Produce Companion Podcasts for HBO Max Shows (Exclusive)

Comedy 'Search Party' and sci-fi drama 'Raised by Wolves' are the first TV series to get companion podcasts.
HBO Max's programming is getting the podcast treatment.

WarnerMedia and iHeartMedia have inked a deal to co-produce a slate of companion podcasts for the streamer's upcoming originals and legacy programming. The first two projects will be podcasts about comedy thriller Search Party, which is set to debut its third season on June 25, and upcoming sci-fi drama Raised by Wolves.

"Today's streaming fans are hungry for more content the second they finish an episode of their favorite shows, and podcasts are a great way to keep those fans engaged while also giving our roster of creative talent additional tools to extend the worlds of their shows and stories," said Kevin Reilly, chief content officer for HBO Max.

WarnerMedia's HBO has already dabbled in podcasting, recently releasing companion series to TV shows Chernobyl, Watchmen and McMillions. Like those podcasts, the new shows from WarnerMedia and iHeart will be available to stream on the HBO Max app. (Users can only listen to podcasts if the app is open and the screen is on, but WarnerMedia is planning to build new features that make it easier to listen on the go.) The new shows will also be available via iHeartRadio and other podcast platforms.

The deal, a first-look for iHeartMedia, also gives the companies the option to produce companion podcasts for WarnerMedia Entertainment TV networks including TNT, TBS and truTV. The entertainment conglomerate's Warner Bros. division already has an exclusive pact with Spotify for podcasts based on the DC universe and the studio's other IP franchises.

WarnerMedia and iHeart will both commit marketing resources to promote the podcasts and the TV programming. iHeart will lead ad sales and placement with input from WarnerMedia.

"WarnerMedia Entertainment's networks and brands have long been a marvel in the entertainment industry and we're ecstatic for the opportunity to be a part of their legendary storytelling and to bring this trove of new content to the iHeartPodcast Network," said Conal Byrne, president of iHeartPodcast Network.

Search Party, which aired on TBS for its first two seasons, was created by Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers and Michael Showalter and stars Alia Shawkat, John Reynolds, Meredith Hagner and John Early. Raised by Wolves, which was originally developed for TNT before moving to HBO Max, will be directed and executive produced by Ridley Scott and tells the story of a pair of androids tasked with raising human children.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warnermedia-iheartmedia-produce-companion-podcasts-hbo-max-shows-1299785

From my pedigree side, it reminds me of Moebius.

From my more pop side, this transports me to a whole other retro hippie dimension of Lost in Space and Forbidden Planet.  ☮️🌸🍁✌🏻🧝‍♀️🌈✨☮️

RidleyScott99

Looks great and kind of huge for a TV Series. Who was the DoP? No information about that in IMDb

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Lots of new film stills courtesy of the RBW fan account:  https://twitter.com/raisedbwfans

Not yet sure where he got them from but they all have a "Marché du Film" watermark. So likely from a Cannes film-festival reel.

Amanda Collin as "Mother", an android:

The children that were artificially birthed and raised by two androids:

Vat-grown fetus:

Niamh Algar as "Sue", a combat medic:

Travis Fimmel as "Marcus" a former soldier:

Here is a shot of war-ravaged post-apocalyptic Earth that I was speculating about earlier:

You can see the concept painting of the above shot on the far right (second image from top) below:

More of Earth. A huge starship taking off from what appears to be a sports stadium (stadium exterior shown on the shot above):

This may be the last working starship that Marcus, Sue and the others use to escape Earth.

Note the "Sol" cult banner, obviously a very powerful sect.

The stadium appears to be Cape Town Football Stadium. Which makes sense as they were shooting the series there:

Though I don't know if CT will also be one of the actual settings in the story or not.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh crap, tons of great stuff. Thank you for sharing!

Immortan Jonesy

RidleyScott99

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2020, 04:34:13 PM
Lots of new film stills courtesy of the RBW fan account:  https://twitter.com/raisedbwfans

Not yet sure where he got them from but they all have a "Marché du Film" watermark. So likely from a Cannes film-festival reel.

Amanda Collin as "Mother", an android:

The children that were artificially birthed and raised by two androids:

Vat-grown fetus:

Niamh Algar as "Sue", a combat medic:

Travis Fimmel as "Marcus" a former soldier:

Here is a shot of war-ravaged post-apocalyptic Earth that I was speculating about earlier:

You can see the concept painting of the above shot on the far right (second image from top) below:

More of Earth. A huge starship taking off from what appears to be a sports stadium (stadium exterior shown on the shot above):

This may be the last working starship that Marcus, Sue and the others use to escape Earth.

Note the "Sol" cult banner, obviously a very powerful sect.

The stadium appears to be Cape Town Football Stadium. Which makes sense as they were shooting the series there:

Though I don't know if CT will also be one of the actual settings in the story or not.
That fetus visual looks very realistic.

Ingwar

Great stuff 8th!

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2020, 04:34:13 PM
Vat-grown fetus:

First picture on the right

I wondee where did he take these pictures from. I want more!

PS. I'm loving that ship design.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2020, 04:37:29 PM
Looks like Marcus (Fimmel) is part of the Sol cult then? With their shields, armour and white cloaks they kinda look like futuristic Templar Knights (also a religious warrior-monk order).

I see the RBW fan account also picked up on the Templar angle:

QuoteReminiscent here of the Knights Templar, with some Samauri influence added, as Ridley Scott has done in the past. Coincidence that the name of the character appears to
be Payen?! What do you think?

https://twitter.com/raisedbwfans/status/1273758988094656512

Brett Williams plays a character named "Payen", possibly the guy pictured. Hugues de Payens was the co-founder and first Grand Master of the Knights Templar. Always interesting digging into Ridley's mind.

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 26, 2020, 07:41:58 PM
I wonder where did he take these pictures from. I want more!

Still investigating it Ingwar...  ;)

That huge ship hovering over the arena scene is kinda reminiscent of the huge ship hovering over the Engineer city's arena in Alien: Covenant. Vastly different ship designs of course but both quite epic in scale.

j0nesy

i need to stop peeking in this thread, i cannot wait to finally watch this!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed