Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,776 times)

Ingwar

This is getting more and more interesting. I'm not surprised about Janty Yates as a costume designer. She's done 12 movies with Scott so far.

bb-15

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 03, 2018, 04:26:23 PM
Ah.. smart! Thanks Corpo!

I wonder what's up with that Mi-24 Hind cockpit? Maybe they'll turn it into a spaceship?

Quote from: bb-15 on Dec 01, 2018, 06:59:12 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 21, 2018, 05:29:37 PM
So I guess The Merlin Saga has either been cancelled or been seriously delayed.

I was afraid this would happen with Disney and Scott. Disney wants big hits (mostly through the MCU) while Ridley's movies have an uneven track record. Scott can make OK box office money ("Prometheus") or often just breaks even ("Covenant").
That's not enough it seems.

I hope Ridley's TV series does well.
- But as a fan of the Alien franchise, Scott not doing any Disney funded movie is not a good sign for a "Covenant" sequel.

:-\

So far this Raised by Wolves is looking more and more like a spiritual sequel to Covenant. I suspect we might well get an idea of where Covenant II might have gone with this. Of course this won't have any Aliens or characters from the Alien series but Scott wasn't interested in doing Xenomorphs again anyway. He only wants to focus on AI which he'll be doing with this new series.

I appreciate your enthusiasm.
I'll check out Raised by Wolves.
For me I'm just a bit sad that Ridley's career will end this way; without his final chapter in the Alien franchise.

:-\

CristianoRonaldo7

I want Michael Fassbender as Father and Katherine Waterston as Mother

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2018, 06:53:45 PM
Isn't Scott only personally directing the pilot?

Apparently Scott will only direct the first two episodes. There will be ten episodes in the first season.

QuoteKolbrenner also will serve as executive producer on the recently ordered TNT/Scott Free sci-fi series, Raised by Wolves, with its first two episodes helmed by Ridley Scott. The original series hails from Lit client Aaron Guzikowski, who will serve as creator and showrunner.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/adam-kolbrenner-launches-lit-entertainment-group-management-company-prisoners-1202531461/

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Jan 04, 2019, 07:11:56 PM
I want Michael Fassbender as Father and Katherine Waterston as Mother

I think that character description fits Walter rather well.

The character description for "MU/TH/UR" kinda reminds me of:

Ingwar

It seems like Mother will be Alpha-Female.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: toro on Dec 03, 2018, 10:41:30 PM
i'm pretty sure that when he eventually dies, ridley scott will have his conscience merged with ai for the explicit purpose of creating more alien films to piss us off
One can only hope.  :D ;D

I'm looking forward to this, hopefully this might actually spur on a short TV series to wrap up his prequels, like 8 episodes; an 8 hour long movie, really ha.  I could see that being potentially viable now that he gets a taste for directing television again after so long.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Travis Fimmel (Vikings) to star in Raised By Wolves and will play "Marcus".

https://deadline.com/2019/01/scott-free-travis-fimmel-star-series-raised-by-wolves-tnt-company-ramps-up-gideon-crew-chap-taylor-humint-cbs-1202525332/

Quote"I love science fiction because science fiction is casting and opening up a brand-new arena," said Scott, who has had a lot of success in the genre on the feature side with a string of movies, from Alien and Blade Runner to The Martian. In Raised By Wolves, of which Scott will direct the first two episodes, "the way we come into this brave new world is almost like starting it from scratch with nothing; there are six embryos of children, and that's the beginning of evolution of the new race," he said.

Ingwar

Marcus? According to other source he's playing Father. Unless daddy is called Marcus or it's me who's missing something :)

QuoteFimmel will play one of the androids, a dude named Father, and it sounds like his female android counterpart (Mother) has yet to be cast.

Anyhow, he's a good choice.

https://news.avclub.com/former-vikings-star-travis-fimmel-joins-ridley-scotts-a-1831626821

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteFimmel plays Marcus. This marks his first TV series role following his starring turn as Ragnar Lothbrok on History's hit Vikings for four seasons. He has since focused on features with a couple of films in the hopper including Dreamland and El Tonto.

I don't know, Deadline says it's "Marcus" but it could just be "fathers" real name like you say. Have you watched Vikings?

Ingwar

Ingwar

I haven't but it's on my list. Have you watched it? Number of seasons (it's 5) scares me. 66 episodes it's way too much for me but I'll give it a go. One day. All I know that Travis is a good actor. Saw him in Warcraft (mediocre) but he's acting was fine.

I'm watching The Terror now and it's damn good. And it's only 10 episodes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

No, I haven't seen him perform yet. But I'll take your word for it!  ;)

Ingwar

CristianoRonaldo7

Only 2 episodes. Ridley works so fast. So, he has a lot of free time in 2019. He is doing another movie. GLADIATOR PART II or MERLIN or BATTLE OF BRITAIN

Ingwar

Or something else. Time will tell.

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 10, 2019, 08:57:55 PM
Or something else. Time will tell.
.                                                                               I hope is something with a huge budget. I'm tired of small movies like THE COUNSELOR

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed