Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 130,997 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteRidley Scott's Raised By Wolves ordered straight to series at TNT

TNT has greenlit straight to series Raised By Wolves, a serialized sci-fi series from master storyteller and filmmaker Ridley Scott (The Martian, Blade Runner, Alien: Covenant), who will also mark his television directorial debut with the series. Acclaimed writer Aaron Guzikowski, the visionary behind the highly lauded film Prisoners, will serve as showrunner as well as a writer.

The series is being produced by Scott's Scott Free Productions in association with Turner's Studio T and Madhouse Entertainment, with Scott, Guzikowski, David W. Zucker (The Man in the High Castle) and Jordan Sheehan (The Terror), and Madhouse Entertainment's Adam Kolbrenner (Prisoners) and Robyn Meisinger (Prisoners) serving as executive producers. The International rights to the series will be distributed through Turner International.

Raised by Wolves centers upon two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

"I'm always searching for new frontiers in the sci-fi genre and have found a true original in Raised by Wolves—a wholly distinct and imaginative world, full of characters struggling with existential questions: What makes us human? What constitutes a family? And what if we could start over again and erase the mess we've made of our planet? Would we survive? Would we do better?" said Ridley Scott. "Given TNT's impressive run of bold, quality programming, this feels like exactly the right home for this kind of ambitious television."

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/993771-ridley-scotts-raised-by-wolves-ordered-straight-to-series-at-tnt#lckcBOOdmcr6KxSe.99

Ingwar

I'm looking forward to it but I'm worried about TNT. I'm not American so I have to ask, are they big enough for such a project?

The Old One

The Old One

A perfect project for R.S, I believe artificial intelligence is of Ridley Scott's main interest now.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM
QuoteRidley Scott's Raised By Wolves ordered straight to series at TNT
TNT has greenlit straight to series Raised By Wolves, a serialized sci-fi series from master storyteller ??? and filmmaker Ridley Scott

Oh shit, I hope it's not something he developed himself.  :laugh:

Riddles and those bloody androids again. It almost sounds like a Covenant sequel. David and a re-programmed Walter raising the human embryos on Origae-6. Minus the Aliens (which belong to Fox) of course.

Ingwar

Scott himself is an android ;D

By the way, Aaron Guzikowski is a good writer.

whiterabbit

Din't David mention something about wolves in Covenant... is this an Alien: Covenant sequel? :P

SM

Quotewho will also mark his television directorial debut with the series

A quick glance at IMDB says he directed a bunch of TV shows back in the 60s.

The Old One

The Old One

Shhhhh...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 09, 2018, 02:15:39 AM
Din't David mention something about wolves in Covenant... is this an Alien: Covenant sequel? :P

Ha, it'll be a laugh if it's adapted from his original Covenant 2 story ideas.

I'm curious about it. If it's accessible from my side of the pond I'll give it a shot.

The Old One

The Old One

Aye, myself too.

Rudiger

Long gone are the days when then name Ridley Scott filled me with interest.

The Old One

The Old One

Ridley Scott + excellent showrunner, though.

whiterabbit

Awe there is no way it could be related to A:C, could it? I'd just as assume that it is about a boy raised by wolves. That or a girl raised by stock brokers.

Stolen

It sounds like a spiritual sequel to Covenant.
This surely means that we will never have the conclusion of his trilogy.
But very curious to discover this series. Nobody is better than Ridley to talk about androids!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 09, 2018, 08:20:28 AM
Ha, it'll be a laugh if it's adapted from his original Covenant 2 story ideas.

I'll bet you tree fiddy that he's recycling those Covie 2 ideas for this new show.

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 09, 2018, 01:05:37 PM
This surely means that we will never have the conclusion of his trilogy.

It didn't sound like Fox was very keen on his Covenant 2 outline/treatment. We might still see a conclusion to Scott's prequel trilogy but with a very different story than was originally envisioned.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 09, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
That or a girl raised by stock brokers.

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed