Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 133,099 times)

Immortan Jonesy

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But hey, were getting a new LoTR show with uparmoured Galadriel kicking all sorts of ass on the battefield along with her dark elf compatriots. And more sTAr wARz shows, one even set on earth and hopefully a han s0lo one as well. And lots and lots and lots of marvel...

Not sure why you guys are complaining when you've got all that derived, regurgitated money spinning IP's to look forward to?

Kradan

I admire your spitefulness

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Kradan

Kradan

I wasn't big fan of the show, but seeing something you grown to love just go away like that - man, that's gotta hurt

TC

I've long had the suspicion that not only did Scott begin his movie career knowing that writing was not his thing, but also that he felt his visual-heavy storytelling needed some sort of crutch to guide the audiences' understanding of his narratives.

Alien, Blade Runner, and Legend all leaned heavily into their genres stylistically, as though Scott felt that the viewer's understanding of the genre (and it's traditions) would help guide us through the story. Looked at this way, Alien and Blade Runner are not so much science-fiction films, but the horror film and the film noir, Legend being the fairy tale; three very distinct genre types.

The Duellists doesn't really fit into this, however. Although maybe that film, being his first, was what turned him onto this strategy. Perhaps he thought there was some failing there.

And then after Legend, his confidence grew and he got less defensive about all those accusations of being just a visual stylist.

All speculation, of course. 

TC

BlueMarsalis79

I think there's some truth in that though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

BlueMarsalis79

Magnificent and haunting stuff.

[cancerblack]

Did you get caught up on this and not tell me?

BlueMarsalis79

No I just looked at the art work. I will get caught up with Season 3.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 24, 2022, 10:16:06 AMI will get caught up with Season 3.

*Narrows eyes*

chrisr232007

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 24, 2022, 10:16:06 AMNo I just looked at the art work. I will get caught up with Season 3.

Man low blow haha

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Looks like that woman with the busted face may have been wearing a half helmet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed