AXP Greg Strause Interview

Started by Darkness, Nov 28, 2007, 06:05:07 PM

Author
AXP Greg Strause Interview (Read 12,961 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Alien Experience were lucky enough to interview co-director Greg Strause. It’s a really interesting and in-depth interview that covers lots of aspects in the film. Here’s the most interesting points:

-Some new additional scenes were shot. Greg hints that the Predator homeworld will be seen in the movie. There’s also some new scenes at the beginning of the film.

-There’s a scene at the end that ‘bridges’ AvPR with the first Alien film. It shows how human technology will have advanced so much so I’m guessing some of the Predator technology gets left behind on Earth.

-The Predator net gun doesn’t appear in the film but he does have a new armoured ‘Glove’ weapon. It’s unfolding armour that encases his hand allowing him to punch through concrete etc.

-The facehuggers are darker and slightly different, like ‘Warrior’ facehuggers. This apparently explains why the aliens have ridged heads. There’s also a big Facehugger attack in the sewer at some point in the movie.

Check out the rest on Alien Experience. There’s also three new pictures plus two behind the scenes shots which I’ll post in a moment.

pred88

pred88

great news 10x   :D     :D     :D  

Starkiller

Starkiller

Ace!

gameoverman

gameoverman

love the news about the facehugger attack - we haven't seen anything new with the facehuggers since Aliens.

Kinn Corn Karn

Kinn Corn Karn

Spectacular! I don't know if I can make it until the 25th!   By the way.......I haven't seen a single trailer yet on tv. Has anyone else? It's getting pretty close to the release date!   :-\  

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

I will be there on line come the 26th...

Bio Mech Hunter

Wow.   :o   Just, wow. I can NOT believe his comments regarding lore, the two species and the films. This film has predator fan service written all over it more than ever. I'm so disappointed.   :'(    Obviously, Colin & Greg LOVED the AVP comics. I'm sitting here reading it with my mouth hanging and thinking "Oh. My. God." Ignorance do'th abound. Where the hell is the logic?   :-\  

Fixit88

Fixit88

Damn...an armored glove, I like the idea!

Bio Mech Hunter

It's a little suspicious Greg didn't mention the other side of the debate when speaking about pitting the Alien against the Predator. How much of these creatures do they really know about?  Both him and Colin seem to throw around ideas for new content rather haphazardly and not truly take already-established continuity and lore in serious consideration. And what the hell is with their ideas and views about the predators?!   ::)   I'm afraid to even think of what they might do with the female pred design and behavior.   :-X  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I still think this film should be called predator 3    ::)   I want to know who gets that pred tech, Weyland industries maybe?

jim

jim

when these 2 idiots starts an AVP3, then this universe is totally ruined. Bring Anderson back before its too late!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

-The Predator net gun doesn't appear in the film but he does have a new armoured 'Glove' weapon. It's unfolding armour that encases his hand allowing him to punch through concrete etc.  -The facehuggers are darker and slightly different, like 'Warrior' facehuggers. This apparently explains why the aliens have ridged heads. There's also a big Facehugger attack in the sewer at some point in the movie.    THE TWO MOST RETARDED THINGS THAT I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

except for the facehugger attack, that to me is the only good thing out of these two.

GueRoux

GueRoux

Really gettin tired of all this bitching. Wait for the f**king movie to come out and THEN judge.

JMR

JMR

-The Predator net gun doesn't appear in the film but he does have a new armoured 'Glove' weapon. It's unfolding armour that encases his hand allowing him to punch through concrete etc.   -The facehuggers are darker and slightly different, like 'Warrior' facehuggers. This apparently explains why the aliens have ridged heads. There's also a big Facehugger attack in the sewer at some point in the movie.  The two coolest things I've heard all day...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed