Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 639,561 times)

SiL

SiL

No, as in an egg growing out of Bishop, presumably planted by the Queen when it impaled him.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, it's implied she deposited something inside him, intentionally or otherwise, that then grows into an egg while he's in stasis.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Kind of weird that putting whatever space goo she had on her tail inside an android would make Egg grow.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I can't decide whether it's pure David engineering, or Bishop regurgitating a mini-royal facehugger that somehow grows into the mysterious egg.

However, I am concerned about the serious implications of that. I refer to the prophecy of The One who will bring consensus to the Egg on Sulaco. The chosen one may be or may be not from UK..

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 16, 2021, 12:52:04 AM
Kind of weird that putting whatever space goo she had on her tail inside an android would make Egg grow.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Just got out of a 70mm print screening of Aliens. How about the  the acid next to Bishops shoe before he gets impaled being some kind of spore that grows into an egg slowly? It's not like the queen is pissing acid any time else in the scene and I assume the egg is hanging just on the other side of the loading bay.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh

426Buddy

426Buddy

Egg on the taco

judge death

judge death

I would see that as a sign of that yes, hence I point back to my theory is the most likely.
but in the end its like someone else wrote: they shot all of the movie and at the end gave the task to whoever to come up with a explanation to how it happened and just decided to shot the egg scene, with not much planning and probably done in a hurry.

Huggs

Huggs

The Queen has leakage.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 16, 2021, 12:52:04 AMKind of weird that putting whatever space goo she had on her tail inside an android would make Egg grow.

Substantially less weird than eggs/Aliens appearing out of nowhere, though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Makes me think of Psykore's Alien Fear Campaigns, where they're just straight up supernatural.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 16, 2021, 09:01:26 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 16, 2021, 12:52:04 AM

This message comes to you from Ridley Scott. XD

https://i.imgur.com/ViHww1n.jpg

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

to this day the most reasonable explanation I have heard -- was it SM? -- for that continuity issue is - it's ripley's dream "making sense" of what is happening around her, more or less. So the egg isn't there in reality but rather a suggestion that there's a facehugger with them (via association). As for how the facehugger would be there... could have stowed away at some point

Most other explanations just kinda aren't feasible for me

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty much, the Egg's a dream, the Facehugger's real unfortunately, this also explains the Sulaco suddenly appearing more like the Nostromo through Ripley's eyes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed