Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 65,863 times)

Corporal Hicks

I think you can explain away a bunch of stuff in Prometheus in how people became infected. In Fifield's case, he presumably ingested a lot of it, rather than the direct delivery into the blood stream like we saw from the Motes.

BlueMarsalis79

It's simple to me.
If it does not come from a Pod that releases Motes then it does not create a Neomorph.

If you get a little amount on you it changes you slow. (Charlie Holloway)
If you get a large amount on you it changes you fast. (Sean Fifield)

And it's also got a chance of just killing you if the dosage's high enough usually through combustion.
And leaves the corpse petrified essentially. 

The Necronoir

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2021, 09:22:08 AM
I think you can explain away a bunch of stuff in Prometheus in how people became infected. In Fifield's case, he presumably ingested a lot of it, rather than the direct delivery into the blood stream like we saw from the Motes.

One of the concepts Carlos Huante mentions in his design videos for Prometheus/Covenant was that the accelerant picks up genetic material from the previous contacts and passes it on to the next one. So Fifield presumably gets a dose of worm DNA from the hammerpede, the Covenant crew from the engineers and whatever endemic species were wiped out before they arrived, and the engineer in Prometheus from Holloway and Shaw.

I don't ascribe to the theory completely, but I do think there is grounds to believe that it constantly evolves through contact with other species, which results in its seemingly chaotic nature (along with things like dosage and infection route, as you rightly say).

BlueMarsalis79

I think to a degree that's true and it is evident in Infiltrator also, but no more than, the titular Alien itself.

David Weyland

David Weyland

I know I'm straying way off topic but it's funny how nothing came of Millburn except death
I wonder if the hammerpede was laying something in his throat when it was disturbed...a Hammermorph perhaps 😄

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: David Weyland on Aug 02, 2021, 05:10:14 PM
I wonder if the hammerpede was laying something in his throat when it was disturbed

That drives me nuts actually. Why would it get down his throat if it didn't intend to implant something ? But there's nothing in the movie to indicate it actually does

BlueMarsalis79

It's emblematic of Prometheus.

Kradan

Kradan

:D so true

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah, I thought such a specific shot (Millburn's throat + hammerpede) was supposed to have a pay-off at some point.  :laugh:

David Weyland

There's a comic in it

Hammermorph v Deacon or they hook up and have an Lv223 romance

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 02, 2021, 11:08:22 AM
It's simple to me.
If it does not come from a Pod that releases Motes then it does not create a Neomorph.

If you get a little amount on you it changes you slow. (Charlie Holloway)
If you get a large amount on you it changes you fast. (Sean Fifield)

And it's also got a chance of just killing you if the dosage's high enough usually through combustion.
And leaves the corpse petrified essentially.
This is how I see it as well after you wrote this theory somewhere else on this forum.

Although I have come up with this question: since the pathogen infected the pods that spawns these motes: shouldnt the pathogen that infect other insects or let alone larger animals: also be able to infect new species and spawn the backbursters?

acrediblesource

I need to see one trailer that shows us some cool kills with the 'other' enemies we face beforeactually buy this game. Shit, the xenos we seen just about mimick the same details as ACM and so  i will require something else to wet my appetite and get me to fork over 90 bucks for this non-AAA title that seems to be deceiving us into think that it is a AAA title. Just give me some more deets Cold Iron Studios!!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

So according to Cold Iron Studios there are 20 enemy types in total, right?

I'm sure other have listed all the verified types already somewhere in this thread, but I haven't been very active on these forums for months now (maybe years even).

Described or seen in vids, pics and announcements so far:
1 - Runners
2 - Warriors
3 - Drones
4 - Praetorians
5 - Prowlers
6 - Bursters
7 - Spitters
8 - WY Combat Synths A (Rifles & white body-armor)
9 - WY Combat Synths B (Pistols & black body-armor, red eyes)
10 - WY Combat Synths C (Heavy weapons & white body-armor including helmets)
11 - Melee Working Joes
12 - Exploding Android Remains
13 - Pathogen Stalkers
14 - Pathogen Poppers
15 - Pathogen Husks
16 - Facehuggers / Eggs (not verified but will be in the game...?)
17 - Queen (somewhat, kinda, sorta verified but will be in the game for sure...?)
18 - ???
19 - ???
20 - ???

...So that leaves us with two (in case one counts Facehuggers and Eggs as two separate enemy entries/entities or not), arguably three open enemy slots.

I think it would be cool if there was at least one more Pathogen enemy type (maybe something akin to the Newborn, but more Pathogen-looking), some kind of hulking WY robot, like a tank-tracked Defense Robot or an combat synth controlled Exosuit ...or maybe even a manic Working Joe inside a Powerloader (...just kidding!). If there is a third slot left I think it would be rad to see a larger sized Runner (call it a Dragon even), similar to the Alien Mothers in the Alien 3 SNES game, or maybe just reintroduce the Crusher since the Prowler pretty much looks like the Crusher already. Should obviously be very rare and more of a boss than anything.

Then we have Chestbursters, but I doubt that they qualify as a designated enemy type. Hammerpedes would be neat though, but I feel like they are limited to flooded or boggy areas, or tall grass areas, and I can see them getting annoying and old really fast. You could say the same thing about Facehuggers, but at least you can stop them from emerging by destroying those Eggs before they have the time to get out to attack you. Also, Facehuggers can climb walls and ceilings, i.e. you won't have to run around focusing at the ground, which always gets annoying after awhile.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 04, 2021, 10:27:14 PM
I need to see one trailer that shows us some cool kills with the 'other' enemies we face beforeactually buy this game. Shit, the xenos we seen just about mimick the same details as ACM and so  i will require something else to wet my appetite and get me to fork over 90 bucks for this non-AAA title that seems to be deceiving us into think that it is a AAA title. Just give me some more deets Cold Iron Studios!!

Huh?

AAA games have high budgets. Thus there is no deceive at all. Rather flattery if you perceive the game in a AAA category.

BlueMarsalis79

Better be f**king Neomorphs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed