Avp 2004 the last great Alien and Predator film.

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Nov 01, 2018, 05:34:05 AM

Author
Avp 2004 the last great Alien and Predator film. (Read 10,375 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I just wanted to discuss a more positive aspect for once.

The Cruentus

Its a massive ship with lights, a person's peripheral would most likely catch it, which is likely why Quinn looked up. It had a cloaking device but never used it. Anyway I am not dissing it, its a good shot.

SM

He looked because the wind suddenly cut out.  And yes it is one of better shots in that flick.

426Buddy

it was in the middle of a storm and completely silent, so it seemed understandable that no one saw it.

Great scene

Corporal Hicks

I've never had a problem with that scene myself. For all AvP's flaws, it does have some lovely shots. And that ship sequence is certainly one of them.

Valaquen

AVP was so bad IIRC it actually killed this website for a time  :laugh:

The Cruentus

There are plenty of good shots  in the movie, one that springs to mind is when the Alien gets up after having its tail end cut off, it then starts swinging it to spray the acid at Celtic.

Valaquen

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 19, 2019, 10:46:27 AM
There are plenty of good shots  in the movie, one that springs to mind is when the Alien gets up after having its tail end cut off, it then starts swinging it to spray the acid at Celtic.

Another great shot is the opening with the satellite, looking like the Queen's crest at first.

Kradan

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 09:17:08 AM
AVP was so bad IIRC it actually killed this website for a time  :laugh:

It's funny 'cause nothing like that happened after Requiem's release and I think we can all agree that it was much worse than first one.

SM

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 19, 2019, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 19, 2019, 10:46:27 AM

Another great shot is the opening with the satellite, looking like the Queen's crest at first.

Yep.

The Old One

The Old One

I always loved the shot of the Alien howling on top of the Predator's corpse also, very cinematic.

cloverfan98

I actually love AvP 2004 but I think Predators is alot better than it and I'm an Alien fan myself. It's certainly the last Alien film to show us the Alien as we know it before AVP:R's Predalien puking chestbursters and Scott's duology that may or may not feature the actual Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

No, it really isn't.
It's respectful to Alien and Predator,
as much as a PG13 Paul W.S Anderson is able-
but it's rendition of the titular beast visually, thematically and narratively (lifecycle, ability, durability) is completely warped.

As far as "real" representations of the Alien goes,
I count Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³,
Isolation, Covenant and The Cold Forge.
And a number of the DH stories.

cloverfan98

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 21, 2019, 10:08:31 PM
No, it really isn't.
It's respectful to Alien and Predator,
as much as Paul W.S Anderson is able-
but it's rendition of the titular beast visually, thematically and narratively (lifecycle, ability, durability) is completely warped.

As far as "real" representations of the Alien goes, I count Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³,
Isolation, Covenant and The Cold Forge.
And a number of the DH stories.

Sure I'm just sticking to the films. The speed of the reproduction cycle is an issue but compared to the nightmare that figuring out how the Black Oil leads to the Alien in Prometheus its nothing for me. I just look at it as a plot contrivance in order to speed the time frame up rather than an attempt to fundamentally change the character. As far as ability or durability goes those seem to change with every film, game, or written work that is released so it none of that bothered me.

SM

David used the pathogen and some insects to create the Alien. What's to figure out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed