Kroft's timeline

Started by Russ, Oct 01, 2018, 09:00:40 AM

Author
Kroft's timeline (Read 7,952 times)

Russ

Russ

So I happened upon this mid-my Prometheus-to-Resurrection marathon with my daughter.

Kroft reckons he's sussed a way of marrying up the Aliens and Predator universes... the key point in this being that Bishop Weyland is in fact the father of Peter Weyland in this fanon.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I thought it was noteworthy given that the dates could work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not watched but I tend to not trust him as a rule of thumb since he made a load of videos off one of the fake Prometheus scripts.

Russ

Russ

He's made loads of videos full stop *lol*. I mean, he's seems committed to the franchise - I'm not nerdy enough to know if we bs-fanon our way into having the Bish as Mike From Neighbours father.

SM's timeline says Peter Weyland was born in "1990 (October 1) to an Oxford-educated Professor of Comparative Mythology and a self taught engineer." The Bish could be that self-taught engineer?

The Old One

The Old One

Ugh. No thank you.

SM

SM

Stacks of people have tried the 'Charles is Peter's father' method of marrying the two series.  Fox says otherwise.

Maybe some day I'll also be able to underwhelm the world with my method of linking Alien and AvP...

SiL

SiL

We should start an Aliens Downunder podcast where we enthusiastically underwhelm people with idle musings and act like it's revelatory stuff.

The Old One

The Old One

Preach.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2018, 08:44:07 PM
We should start an Aliens Downunder podcast where we enthusiastically underwhelm people with idle musings and act like it's revelatory stuff.

"G'day.  Now 'ere's somethin' you have'n' 'eard before, and it solves every mystery an' plugs evry plothole.  Engineers made Aliens to foight the Predators!"

Samhain13

Samhain13

The alien/predator youtuber community is full of fan theorists who make up a lot of fan fiction and talk as if it was part of the series. I came across a guy who made a video about the predator's "council of ancients" from AVP: Extinction, he just read stuff from xenopedia then made up all the other information, trying to link that concept of the predator society with other games and books, even with the events from The Predator despite that council being briefly mentioned in a small section of only one game and never brought up again anywhere else.

SM

SM

Got about 2 minutes in before he started talking about space Jesus and turned it off.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a waste of time.

Naginata

Naginata

I'd appreciate this kind of thing more if it weren't just a guy reading a Xenopedia article into a mic that his mouth is WAY too close to, but that's what 99% of it seems like. When it gets into actual fan theories (ie: potential ways to link AVP and Prometheus) that's at least fun lore spit-balling, but the rest... eh.

SM

SM

Too many of these videos are simply ripped off from somewhere else, and are lazy excuses to pimp for Patreon $$$ and sell t-shirts. (I don't know if this one is - but it wouldn't surprise me).

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2018, 12:39:43 AM
Too many of these videos are simply ripped off from somewhere else, and are lazy excuses to pimp for Patreon $$$ and sell t-shirts. (I don't know if this one is - but it wouldn't surprise me).

Considering he has to resort to title clickbaits:

Probably yes. The guy just couldn't resist putting "Proof" in the title, someone better tell Ridley Scoot it was proved that his engineers created the predator lol.

SM

SM

I tried watching a couple more videos and they're all cherry picking clickbait drivel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed