Aliens: Colonial Marines in Edge Magazine [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Apr 17, 2012, 02:24:48 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Edge Magazine [Updated] (Read 27,193 times)

Vulhala

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 19, 2012, 09:18:43 PM
That is awesome to hear the actual gameplay looks better than the doctored pics.

See for yourself. There's plenty of footage on YouTube ;)

newbeing

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 19, 2012, 09:22:07 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 19, 2012, 09:18:43 PM
That is awesome to hear the actual gameplay looks better than the doctored pics.

See for yourself. There's plenty of footage on YouTube ;)

The trailer we saw at the PAX panel looked awesome as well. Its a shame that the footage we've received recently isn't the highest quality, but it was released for press purposes.

SM

Quoteokay, i'm just noticing, holy f**k look at the perspective of the smartgun. there's no way that image has not been manipulated in some way, the angle is completely off.

What do you mean by 'perspective'?  The only thing that looks dumb in that still is the blatant copy of Vasquez smart gun. Guess that survived the explosion too...

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2012, 11:41:14 PM
Quoteokay, i'm just noticing, holy f**k look at the perspective of the smartgun. there's no way that image has not been manipulated in some way, the angle is completely off.

What do you mean by 'perspective'?  The only thing that looks dumb in that still is the blatant copy of Vasquez smart gun. Guess that survived the explosion too...
:D
Maybe after the explosion, aliens gathered around a camp fire to cook hot dogs, sing songs, and joke about the mysterious egg in ALIEN3.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2012, 11:41:14 PM

SM

Ah.  Righto then.

escroto

Quote from: SM on Apr 20, 2012, 12:41:27 AM
Ah.  Righto then.
ok, after they try to fool you once more, you go now watch the videos again and see how "tall" they are when head on. Oh noo!!, they ain't like they are trying to make you see them in the pic, right? :laugh:

Come on SM, *slap slap*, make the distrustful  being within you rise again *slap* You know It isn't Christmas, yet they say It is, but you indeed know It isn't thanks to your experience.

SM

I think you give more f**ks than I do.

escroto

escroto

heheh, I thought you could use some serious support here. I see you being soo so alone here against all odds...

ok, did you watch the videos again then and compared those lolaliens with the one from the photoshopped to death pic? ;D

SM

Nah.  For all my whining about the idiotic storyline - it's only a video game.

escroto

I understand. I too have waited for too long for this damn game to finally play It, and It really sours me what they have done with the aliens and the story alike. I might understand GB can't do anything with the aliens since Fox has been targeting both casual and kiddy audience since AR, and adapting which was once a really scary human-like beast to their..., "tastes", but also I don't want them to treat us like idiots and still trying to make us see these new generation lolaliens as true old Cameraliens.

Thing is that I wasn't actually expecting this game to go down that damn casual road too (regarding the very aliens of course), and I admit this caught me off guard completely because after all we were promised 100% material truthful to the old movie, and I though this was going to apply to the aliens too. I thought the lolalien "concept" would see an end with AVP2010 and that everything in that regard would be treaten more in serious next time. Well, I was proved wrong, foolish me.

I really regret GB ended giving themselves up on this subject before Fox endless retardation. Ok casual and kids win again. Sales are sales, they can not make the audiences who are buying this game to suffer what It should be the really stressful experience of facing human-like beings that should size your entire screen when head on, I mean, you should raise your vision with the mouse in order to see Its head when in front of you.

And on the storyline subject you mention..., seriously, how much would have cost GB to say that this was just his non-canonical game based on Cameron's movie?, there would be simply no excuse to criticize them for things that go against common sense, like for example, HH survival, and everything would be ok.

ok, carry on.

chupacabras acheronsis

i couldn't care less about the alien models after i saw the marines looking like the cast of the jurassic park click adventure. i'll get around modding it myself later on.

all my concerns narrow down to the consolized gameplay. thats all i want. a good, fast and hard PC game.

Xenoegg

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 20, 2012, 11:00:15 AM
i couldn't care less about the alien models after i saw the marines looking like the cast of the jurassic park click adventure. i'll get around modding it myself later on.

all my concerns narrow down to the consolized gameplay. thats all i want. a good, fast and hard PC game.

chupacabras acheronsis

WinterActual

I agree with Chupacabra.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed