James Cameron Unlikely To Return For Another Alien Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2016, 09:02:30 AM

Author
James Cameron Unlikely To Return For Another Alien Film (Read 18,441 times)

DIRM

How it could and should of been:
1. Alien 1979 (theatrical cut)
2. Aliens 1986 (Director's Cut in Theatres)
3. Predator 1987 (minus few technical goofs & scenes with old creature design)
4. Alien 3 1992 (set on Earth with Xenomorph infestation and ends movie series)
5. Aliens vs Predator 1994 (follows the "just" of the comic story, practical effects instead of CGI, and Rated R)
6. Alien Prequel 2001 (Cameron and Ridley making it, Sigourney is an Executive Producer, H.R. Giver and Stan Winston do the design and effects, story sets up the events of Alien 1979, scary & self contained like Alien 1979 and less action than Aliens 1986 and Alien 3 2001)

It's not rocket science! why on Earth didn't this happen!

BishopShouldGo

I agree with your list and order! But not necessarily the content.

Scorpio

I'm happy with the way history has turned out. 

I would like for the future, though:

2017 - Alien:  Covenant/Prometheus 2
2018 - The Predator
2019 - Alien 5
2020 - Alien:  Covenant 2/Prometheus 3
2021 - The Predator 2
2022 - Alien 6
2023 - Alien:  Covenant 3/Prometheus 4
2024 - AVP 3

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Series went into shit though post 1997 all because of Fox, which including Predator Which went years without a Release (Thank god) But Alien series Fox Destroyed by mishandling it. And only caring about making $$$ over getting a good script. Seriously? Resurrection? What a terrible movie name. Fox went from Numbering the movies in logical Sense. Alien, alien(s) And Alien 3, all 3 titles make sense. Then Alien 4? Nope. Alien (Resurrection) What's alien 5 gonna be called? Alien Insurrection? ahha.

I think everyone here agrees that even with the differen't directors handling the movies post Cameron and Ripley 1979-1992 was the best Era

---- The Classics ----
       1979-1992         

Alien (1979)
  Aliens (1986)
      Predator (1987)
         Predator 2 (1990)
                 Alien 3 (1992)

----- The Shitty Era ----
                       1993-2007

Alien: Resurrection (1997)
                             AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004)
                                 Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)

----- Both Series getting back on Track Era ----
                                                                       2007-Onward

Predators (2010)
                                                                         Prometheus (2012)
                                                                           Alien: Covenant (2017)
                                                                                    The Predator (2018)
                                                                                                Alien 5 (2019?)

Rankles75

Personally, I'd say 1979-1987 (maybe 1990, Predator 2 has it's moments)...

Nostromo

Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 21, 2016, 02:09:30 PM

1979-1987 + 2012 onwards

Rankles75

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 21, 2016, 02:20:13 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Sep 21, 2016, 02:09:30 PM

1979-1987 + 2012 onwards

Hopefully that turns out to be the case, Prometheus was a huge disappointment though (to me)...

Jeri

Can see Scott & Cameron as producers for Alien 5.

Lonely Universe

Kimo

I love Aliens but I would rather see Cameron return to The Terminator universe first.  :P Anyhow won't he be pissed that they killed off Hicks and Newt? Well in a perfect world James would write the Script and Ridley would Direct the film. Dam if only A5 happened with them behind it.  :(

OpenMaw

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 30, 2016, 02:26:00 AM
I love Aliens but I would rather see Cameron return to The Terminator universe first.  :P Anyhow won't he be pissed that they killed off Hicks and Newt? Well in a perfect world James would write the Script and Ridley would Direct the film. Dam if only A5 happened with them behind it.  :(

He wasn't particularly happy about it, neither was Michael Biehn, and as some have suggested it may have contributed to his alcoholism.

I honestly don't think JC should return to either franchise. He was praising Terminator Genysis and that only tells me he's suffering from some kind of delusion.

StrangeShape

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 31, 2016, 09:15:09 PM

He wasn't particularly happy about it, neither was Michael Biehn, and as some have suggested it may have contributed to his alcoholism.

I honestly don't think JC should return to either franchise. He was praising Terminator Genysis and that only tells me he's suffering from some kind of delusion.

To be fair he was in an awkward situation. It was his buddy's (hoped for) comeback, these guys were really nice to him, they showed him the movie and recorded him on the spot. It wouldve been kinda dick to slam the movie in front of people who were so gracious to you and record you commenting on it

As for Biehn, he already had problems earlier. He even overslept and forgot he was shooting on the set of T2

Lonely Universe

Cameron is responsible for half of what I love about this franchise, but I don't feel like he would return to the dark tone these movies demand.

It always amazes me that the guy who made Terminator & Aliens also did Titanic & Avatar. Yuck!

Kimo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 31, 2016, 09:15:09 PM

I'm gonna take a wild guess..

That always bugged me about Terminator Genesis were Cameron was praising it, in that YouTube clip. I think it's all blown out of proportion on what he said... I think, at the time Cameron never seen the full film ( probably still hasn't to this day) and he only seen the clips that were remakes of his first Terminator film that were in Genysis. He probably liked most of what he seen, and give them the thumbs up and the rest was made to promote the film... I mean Genesis was a pile of shit, but them shots of Cameron's first Terminator film that were in Genesis were pretty solid and a great not to Cameron. So to me either Cameron can't be that stupid or some serious money crossed his palm for him to praise that pile of shit terminator genesis.

Ive heard of Cameron liking AVP or its one of his guilty pleasure's. But I can see why, because he must hate Alien3 for killing Hicks and Newt off and Alien Resurrection for treating his Queen as canon fodder. Obviously having his Queen in AVP was a great little nod to Cameron since that over size queen looked f**king cool and was probably the only decent thing that came from AVP.

Anyhow Cameron is known for doing an AMA on Reddit every once in a while, and I can imagine him doing another AMA in the near future. So I bet he will answer this question of why he praise Genesis if anyone brings it up. Obviously that's if he can legally talk about it.

Kel G 426

I haven't heard Cameron's remarks on Genysis, but that movie wasn't half as bad as everyone says it is, so he was probably being fair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed