Danny McBride in talks for Covenant

Started by Gazz, Feb 11, 2016, 12:01:51 AM

Author
Danny McBride in talks for Covenant (Read 30,810 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well, ol' Riddles is now a noted comedy director (The Martian recently won a Golden Globe for best comedy), so maybe he'll push hard for lots of lols in Alien: Covenant as well? Maybe try and hook in an Oscar or two for best comedy as well?  :P

irn

irn

Comedians are often the best drama actors. As comedy is mostly about emotion and timing they have no problem playing dark and believable serious characters.

It will be interesting to see how Danny McBridge pulls it off. He's a hilarious guy so I hope it works out.

LastSurvivor92

Awesome lol. I'm happy Ridley has a niche for good f**king comedy. Parker, Brett, Fifield, Milburn. All the actors who he has chose to play down to earth, no bullshit characters have been perfect. Funny as hell. Scott has some swag in that field for sure.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 11, 2016, 04:59:36 PM
Fifield, Milburn. --- no bullshit characters

YMMV.  :D

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 11, 2016, 06:26:17 PM
Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 11, 2016, 04:59:36 PM
Fifield, Milburn. --- no bullshit characters

YMMV.  :D
Cause falling into black ooze while high is always hilarious. In hindsight maybe they should have had an engineer chasing them throughout the complex to the tune of Benny Hill. Two bungling earthlings out smart the engineer and he's the one to fall into the black goo.

Mustangjeff

All I can do is imagine him doing this kind of commentary while exploring an engineer structure/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzoXh0f6nc

Xenoligist say this old derelict is 100 years old and holds 1000 mysteries..  Or is it 1000 years old and a hundred mysteries :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Just watched a couple of Youtube videos starring McBride - he looks and sounds like someone you'd find behind the wheel of a semi or seated on the back of a Harley. In other words, he'd probably make a great space trucker.

Waterston is also handsome rather than drop-dead-gorgeous-supermodel beautiful. Kind of like Sigourney Weaver and Veronica Cartwright back then.

Could the crew of the Covenant be space truckers like in the first film? But instead of hauling mineral ore they are transporting an entire colony ensconced in cryotubes? Will we see a return to the grungy aesthetic of the first film?

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 12, 2016, 01:29:55 PM
Could the crew of the Covenant be space truckers like in the first film? But instead of hauling mineral ore they are transporting an entire colony ensconced in cryotubes? Will we see a return to the grungy aesthetic of the first film?
I f**king hope so!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I can almost imagine the Covenant being some kind of futuristic Irish famine ship (aka coffin ship) transporting poor and desperate people half-way across the galaxy, hoping for a better life and to escape the dismal conditions back on a Bladerunner-esque earth. Everything would be run-down, broken and dirty, crewed by space truckers with iffy morals hoping to make a quick buck.

Astronoë

Doubt Weyland corp would fund some random people with no skills to go to the other side of the galaxy...considering how much old man weyland had to pay for the previous trip. i would guess it would be military types n scientists like at the Alien 4 research ship. Bet they will be very heavily armed.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 12, 2016, 06:57:42 PM
Doubt Weyland corp would fund some random people with no skills to go to the other side of the galaxy...considering how much old man weyland had to pay for the previous trip. i would guess it would be military types n scientists like at the Alien 4 research ship. Bet they will be very heavily armed.

If that's the case, then how did Brett and Parker get on the Nostromo?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 12, 2016, 06:57:42 PM

Who said they will get a free ride? The owners of the famine ships made good profits transporting desperate people packed in like sardines across the Atlantic. They would likely have to cough-up their life-savings or enter indentured servitude to pay for the trip.

Miners and their families would also be a likely possibility like the colonists in Aliens.

whiterabbit

Oh come on now the ship is called the Covenant. Maybe it's filled with a bunch of prisoners who made a deal with God to live forever. :P

That or a shake and bake colony.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

The Eighth Passenger: Could the crew of the Covenant be space truckers like in the first film? But instead of hauling mineral ore they are transporting an entire colony ensconced in cryotubes? Will we see a return to the grungy aesthetic of the first film?

That's a really good idea. I can imagine if Sir Ridley reads this he'll at least sketch a few drawings from it, even just to satisfy the artist in him one evening. There's so much you could do with how this ship would look like, sets, scenes, writing, proto storyboards Really like it.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Well, they need people with some level of professionalism to get shit home, not just go off into the void n then get recked..waste of money..but then again movies are so stupid...always need dumb reasons so there will be action..,.le sigh..

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 12, 2016, 07:48:50 PMIf that's the case, then how did Brett and Parker get on the Nostromo?

That was just some freighter going back n forth, was randomly picked due to location, I suppose. I can't imagine it was planned way in advance for a particular ship..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed