Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,067 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Looks like GBX is playing the system pretty hard with this one and passing the buck wherever they can...and I'm not surprised.  At least SEGA is willing to settle but GBX doesn't want to pay for cheating the consumer out of a sub-par, under-developed product.

Good news is that there is a chance of justice yet for those that paid full price for what should've been a bargain title. 

The better news is that I'd imagine that SEGA is now micro-managing their quality control for Isolation...which makes me have more hope for that title.

dudes

dudes

look at aliens crucible it gave a different style of gameplay, even though the alien AI needed improvement and so did the weapons, if handled right it could of been epic but the developers these days well ya know.....

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Jango1201 on Aug 01, 2014, 11:46:08 PM
And because of this "obligation", how many people have vowed never to buy a Gearbox game again? I was curious about Boardeands for the longest time. but, because of their constant lies and disregard for customer satisfaction and opinion, I will never buy it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels thisnway. I'll be damned if I ever buy any of Gearbox's future titles either.

This was the first and last game from gearbox i bought

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

After what happened with Watch Dogs and Ubisoft it looks like this is becoming a norm in the industry so this lawsuit will probably head nowhere and it's just a waste of money.

Origin

Origin

So basically Gearbox is saying that even though they shit the bed, SEGA said not to worry about it so it's SEGA's fault there's a mess in the sheets?

That's rich.

SM

SM

Quote from: Jango1201 on Aug 01, 2014, 11:46:08 PM
And because of this "obligation", how many people have vowed never to buy a Gearbox game again? I was curious about Boardeands for the longest time. but, because of their constant lies and disregard for customer satisfaction and opinion, I will never buy it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels thisnway. I'll be damned if I ever buy any of Gearbox's future titles either.

I've seen a lot of people say they're never going to buy another Gearbox game.

Whether they actually do or not is another matter, but it has definitely generated a lot of ill feeling that isn't aimed at Sega.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Funny thing is, no one would have cared if the game turned out great regardless of the pre-release marketing; I think that's the real sore point. It's more that we are hardcore fans and we wanted the best but we got our feelings hurt, but you can't say that in court unfortunately. So it's easy to bring up the false advertising issue instead. Gearbox are without doubt a bunch of sly c***ts, but unfortunately every company does this sort of false marketing thing constantly.

ryan eaglesfield

ryan eaglesfield

my brother pointedly doesn't talk about this game with me due to the 6 years of anticipation and the following 12 months of complaining on my part. But he raised an excellent point , if gearbox was pixxed it didn't get paid for making this crappy game but took all the proceeds then no matter who made the game they are now legally involved for taking the money. I think they want out before Sega gets to see financial records of HOW its money was spent.

Badmothafcka312

Quote from: Ash 937 on Aug 02, 2014, 01:52:57 AM
Looks like GBX is playing the system pretty hard with this one and passing the buck wherever they can...and I'm not surprised.  At least SEGA is willing to settle but GBX doesn't want to pay for cheating the consumer out of a sub-par, under-developed product.

Good news is that there is a chance of justice yet for those that paid full price for what should've been a bargain title. 

The better news is that I'd imagine that SEGA is now micro-managing their quality control for Isolation...which makes me have more hope for that title.

Alien Isolation will be this franchise's last chance to shine IMO. I will wait for the reviews to come out and if it's any good, I'll buy it. I refuse to pre-order anything anymore. I learned the hard way with A:CM and Battlefield 4...

bones

bones

I HATE SEGA i mean look what happened to ROME II same shit happened there that happened to this game, its all about management, this is not news whether creative assembly works on it, obsidian, gear box, bioware etc.. since sega calls the shots since they have the license.  sega will streamline the product aka strip down games to the bones minimum to save time and money, as long as they can pump out copies to meet quota they dont care, as long as the advertisement is exceptionally good for marketing to alure buyers...either that they will give you the bones minimum almost a beta at launch and sell the game or patches to you in pieces and you have to pay extra for each piece, why? GIVE ME MONEY SUCKERS. i was a sucker with avp 010 for segas first game of the franchise, never again will i buy as long as the franchise is held by SEGA IMO  >:(

Gama77

Gama77

SEGA lol, SEGA fails just like they failed with their consoles

gabgrave

gabgrave

Wouldn't be the first time Gearbox is trying to squirm their way out of the highlights for screwing the pooch. They did it with Duke Nukem as well, saying that it's not their fault, its the license holder's fault.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: gabgrave on Aug 05, 2014, 03:30:04 AM
Wouldn't be the first time Gearbox is trying to squirm their way out of the highlights for screwing the pooch. They did it with Duke Nukem as well, saying that it's not their fault, its the license holder's fault.

If a companies product is doing this badly on numerous different projects there is a single common factor.....

GEARBOX

I hope they all feel like pieces of dog $#!7 for all the "were fans of the franchise, fans will love this, this is made for fans"

Bastards

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Aug 02, 2014, 09:51:07 AM
After what happened with Watch Dogs and Ubisoft it looks like this is becoming a norm in the industry so this lawsuit will probably head nowhere and it's just a waste of money.

Speaking as someone who knows nothing about Watch_Dogs, could you elaborate on this?

PsyKore

PsyKore

There's not much to really elaborate on, Ubisoft's early footage was much more pristine than the final released game, much in the same way A'CM's was. I'm sure someone can post video examples.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed