New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,631 times)

SiL

The fact they even mentioned it was a possibility is a bit disconcerting. If it's R, it should be R. It shouldn't be possible to get it down to PG-13 without noticing unless you're aiming for a really weak R to begin with.

Name Alien Butcher

The first visit?,it will erase a lot of DH comics material.

Rudiger

Every time I hear some movie producer / writer / director talk about how a sequel needs to "recapture the essence" of what made the original movie so good, you just know you're going to get a rip-off / re-boot made with inferior actors and a much lower budget. And, of course, it will in no way "recapture" anything.

BigDaddyJohn

As long as it doesn't erase what matters the most, meaning the first two films, I couldn't care less about the rest of the expanded universe.

Sabres21768

I'll NEVER understand this "erased" mentality.
Nothing is erased...it's all still there.

You can still watch it or read it or play it...it doesn't matter.

goose_3387

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 28, 2021, 10:17:34 AM
I'll NEVER understand this "erased" mentality.
Nothing is erased...it's all still there.

You can still watch it or read it or play it...it doesn't matter.

Just erase The Predator from existence. I think most would be happy with that. 😏

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 28, 2021, 02:20:57 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 28, 2021, 02:00:03 AM
Bear, Bigfoot, Wendigo CONFIRMED!!! ;D

There's actually a recent bad horror about Bigfoot vs Wendigo(s).
Maybe this time it'll be Predator Vs Bigfoot?  ;D

That's the dream. Well, sort of.  :D

I like it as 'the reason' the Predator is on Earth, not to hunt the Comanche Natives but the Sasquatch / Wendigo - backed by legit Native American lore and accounts.  But the last thing I want is the film to be a Freddy versus Jason, no holds barred, rumble in the jungle. I'd love it to flavor the story, not be the main course.

Predators coming to hunt the big brown bear works too, ala Predator: Primal.

Quote from: Clubroot on Jul 28, 2021, 03:25:51 AM
So the film is called "Skull" right? I can dig it. Someone read my mind about putting The Misfits Skulls track to Predator film clips lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMCQeVd4esI

Combining the audio being a bit shaky at the "Skull" title reveal, with Davis calling one film "Predator versus Alien", let's just say I won't be personally shocked if the film is still titled "Skulls" plural.  ;D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2021, 07:23:12 AM
That rating comment though...I'm worried there. It's good to know it's conceived as an R and they've not set out to neuter it from the start, but if they cut its throat in the edit for the PG-13...might be one of those moments where I get pushed over the edge.  :laugh:

Yeah, being conceived as an R, but Davis conceding "You know, I guess we're going to find out what it has to be" is all very switching-from-Hulu-to-Disney+ kinds of concerning.

Voodoo Magic

"Dan came to me with a writer and an idea"

This I love. I adore it. This gives me the hope upon hope. This feels like James Gunn, already a lover of the comic, pitching "Guardians of the Galaxy". A single pitch. A single vision. Most likely a passionate vision. And only one writer!!!

This all makes me believe Dan Trachtenberg must be a Predator fan, and we have a good chance he understands the appeal of the character, what works and what doesn't, from everything in regards to story and pacing, to casting and creature design (I'm looking at you ADI - Reign them in Dan!) 

There are no guarantees, I get it, even from fans of the material, but Dan is definitely the source of all my optimism!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 28, 2021, 12:44:24 PM
Combining the audio being a bit shaky at the "Skull" title reveal, with Davis calling one film "Predator versus Alien", let's just say I won't be personally shocked if the film is still titled "Skulls" plural.  ;D

I'm feeling the same there. I think it's still going to be Skulls. Skull just sounds weird.

Youngblood90

Really really made my day when I seen "it has more in common with the revenant than other predator canon" as I've always believed since I watched the revenant that it was a style a good predator film could go down and adopt. You can incorporate beautiful shots that really make the whole thing just feel real and it lends authenticity imo. Something the franchise is desperately lacking currently.

The Necronoir

Even if this is intended to be the first hunt in the minds of the writer and director, I can't imagine that's going to be presented definitively in the movie itself. It would just be a weird point to insist on, and not add anything to the story that I can envision. As such, if it's left open we can just disregard that or find alternative interpretations. Just look at the Bishop II / Michael Bishop debate!

Anyway, is it possible they just mean it's the first hunt undertaken by this particular predator? That would provide a bit more leeway insofar as getting its arse handed to it in the end.

TheNomadClan

So we've been hearing a lot about the human characters, isn't it funny how a movie based on the Alien (Predator) is practically nonexistent and isn't even given a proper introduction like Ke? They could be keeping the Predator as a mystery which I'm somewhat okay with but alittle info about that character would be nice.

Idk how to feel about any of this but it just sounds and feels like another The Predator similar to Shane Blacks film. I could be wrong and I'm just hoping the trailer proves me wrong, but it just feels like waist high full of horrible source material - completely disrespecting the source material already layed out to be followed - and just feels like a cash grab from a already screwed over fan. Fingers crossed I'm wrong which I really hope for.

Youngblood90

How exactly does it sound like a cash grab? If anything it's the absolute opposite of that because it's already taking risks.

No I think this is a production team that know things have got to change and new and fresh ideas are needed.

I hate it when people bring up the extended universe, I.e comics etc. They are not official canon. Predator is a film series before anything. Always has and always will be. The films are free to do their own thing as long as it's good and brings something new to the series.

Which I do believe skulls will deliver on..

SuperiorIronman

Something crossed my mind, what if this isn't the first time a Predator has ever been to Earth as much as it's the first time a specific Predator has been to Earth? And who would be notable? The original Jungle Hunter. This is the origin story, this is the first time he's been to Earth. In this case we're looking at a younger Jungle Hunter who can use new weapons, armor, and be a bit shorter and look a bit different because he hasn't grown into 87 yet. So this hunt is his origin story.

Another thought is that this is a younger Greyback even before he got the pistol. So maybe we see in this his tusk get smashed in or be a callback to "take it". Maybe that's something Kee says to him and he translates it for Harrigan's sake but point being is that it's something he picks up early on in life. If this is an origin story we see how maybe the honor code is formed. Notice how he doesn't have a helmet. I have this theory that this is why. Maybe Kee beats him when he's younger but she doesn't take his head, but Greyback knows he has to give her something since she won. So he gives her his mask as a metaphorical skull.

That'd also be a weird but interesting way to explain why Jungle Hunter, Elder, and the Classic share the same armor design. Maybe they all followed this honor code and the idea is to help emulate Greyback's lesson he learned while on Earth. So it's an origin for how the Predator operates maybe not as a hunter but as a code of ethics. And that would in turn differentiate between them and the supers and why Assassin was so brazen during the respective films. They don't follow those codes. Maybe this isn't the first time they've been here but it's the first time they're being Predators here. This is how they take on the more honorable traits.

TheNomadClan

I'm not saying new ideas are bad or bringing something we haven't seen before to the franchise, I mean Predator Hunting Grounds in my opinion felt canonically correct following a already set path from both Predator 1, 2, 3 and even Shane Blacks movie.

I'm just saying what's been written so far has me on edge and for once I think the Predator needs a win here. If I where to have written this, I'd have the Predator kill off Kees Brother and his hunting party, this will set a life long goal for Kee to seek revenge for her brother. There she will train for years, goes through trials and tribulations as we see her grow and the determination to kill her brothers killer. However it would be for not for when the Predator does come back to Earth it shows that it never mattered in the end.

Even though Predator is mortal, he is stronger then a average human even a women wishing to be a warrior (if you think about it she does become a warrior when she dies like one honorably). These creatures are the equivalent to Spartans with being born ready for battle and to kill. Idk just holding out for some better news I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed