Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,634 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

Cool, definitely will look into it now that 2143 is freeware

Iron Infililtrator

Hey! I was reading into this and I just wanted to make sure if the redux mod is compatible with this mod. Your moddb page never specified anything and was curious after I saw your mod on gavp and I was so excited that battlefield 2142 is my favorite battlefield. Are the aliens going to also be in the mod?

Frosty98B

Quote from: Iron Infililtrator on Aug 31, 2017, 11:25:25 PM
Hey! I was reading into this and I just wanted to make sure if the redux mod is compatible with this mod. Your moddb page never specified anything and was curious after I saw your mod on gavp and I was so excited that battlefield 2142 is my favorite battlefield. Are the aliens going to also be in the mod?
Hi, if you mean the Revive 2142 then yes, it's 100% compatible. About the aliens, I think they're a must - we're currently working on the USCM weapons and vehicles which should be the core of the first release and then we'd like to add the alien faction, marine skins etc. And finally the Hadley's Hope in the last one.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 01, 2017, 06:57:22 AM
And finally the Hadley's Hope in the last one.

As in a civilian faction?

Quote from: Frosty98B on Aug 31, 2017, 05:10:01 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 31, 2017, 07:26:51 AM
Drivable APC?!
Yeheheah! You can drive, you can shoot, it can give you a ride. ;D

Awesome! Something we've been waiting for for a long time!  ;D

Olde

Can you tell us if this is going to be more arcade-y, in the line of 90s FPS's where spawns are numerous, unpredictable, and require maneuverability but affording more freedom and flexibility to approach enemies in your own playstyle...or the modern shooter style, where every enemy and encounter is scripted and planned out to the most minute detail where the environment is created around these forced encounters and which are self-explanatory with regard to the most efficient way of killing enemies? Or am I just an idiot to be asking this question?

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2017, 07:25:33 AM

No, no, sorry. I meant the levels set in the Hadley's Hope - until then we're forced to use the vanilla BF2142 levels.

Quote from: Olde on Sep 01, 2017, 09:49:22 AM
Can you tell us if this is going to be more arcade-y, in the line of 90s FPS's where spawns are numerous, unpredictable, and require maneuverability but affording more freedom and flexibility to approach enemies in your own playstyle...or the modern shooter style, where every enemy and encounter is scripted and planned out to the most minute detail where the environment is created around these forced encounters and which are self-explanatory with regard to the most efficient way of killing enemies? Or am I just an idiot to be asking this question?
Actually, I'm not skilled enough to change the basic BF2142 game modes much so expect a very arcade-y battles with no scripts at all.
As a marine you'll be able to choose one of multiple spawn points and then your objective will be to fight against the xenos over some areas(/control points). As soon as one of the teams have none left, it's a pure survival with no option to respawn.
That wasn't the best explanation though. :D
It'll be much better than it sound, don't worry. Also don't expect a campaign, it'll be all up to you how your situation ends up being at the end of the round. ^^

SrSpinelli

Did you start working on the Xenos?

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Sep 01, 2017, 04:35:52 PM
Did you start working on the Xenos?
Not yet, weapons/vehicles are the priority now, although we've been considering including some free xenomorph models in the first release before we make our own ones.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 01, 2017, 01:53:27 PM

No, no, sorry. I meant the levels set in the Hadley's Hope - until then we're forced to use the vanilla BF2142 levels.

Understood! Do you have many maps planned?

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2017, 05:26:12 PM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 01, 2017, 01:53:27 PM

Understood! Do you have many maps planned?
Actually... Not really.  ;D
One should surely feature the whole complex with the atmosphere processor in the background and there should be multiple variants of it (rainy, night etc). Such a map could work really well with the arcade gameplay. And probably, just probably, some rather CQB map(s) set in some section(s) of the atmosphere processor itself.

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Alright, the APC model has just been finished. It might be a matter of weeks before it gets exported and textured but we'll try to hurry!
Here's a preview image with three layers showing the model as well as its wireframe. Hope you're happy with the result! :)

These show the movement of the main cannons. Had to improvise here but it turned out to look fine, I think.

Iron Infililtrator

That looks sweet, you should post that on Global, they will put it on news I think.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 09, 2017, 08:05:59 PM
These show the movement of the main cannons. Had to improvise here but it turned out to look fine, I think.

Does the whole unit rotate?

Frosty98B

Quote from: Iron Infililtrator on Sep 10, 2017, 04:46:08 AM
That looks sweet, you should post that on Global, they will put it on news I think.
Done, cheers! :D

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2017, 07:59:39 AM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 09, 2017, 08:05:59 PM

Does the whole unit rotate?
Hell yeah, hopefully it will only increase the player's immersion and make being gunner much more fun. ^^

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Sep 11, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
Hell yeah, hopefully it will only increase the player's immersion and make being gunner much more fun. ^^

Excellent!  ;D

How many weapons are you doing? Thinking of taking any inspiration from the EU? Is the Scope Rifle from the Tech Manual an option?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed