Chess engines: are they the fore runners of skynet ??

Started by oduodu, Feb 23, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Author
Chess engines: are they the fore runners of skynet ?? (Read 1,904 times)

oduodu

Chess engines like comodo - houdini - stockfish are they indicitive of a skynet type AI being closer then we think.

There is no human who can beat these chess engines.

What became of the whole cloning thing ?? Can they create super intelligent humans ??

whiterabbit

It'd just a computer programed to play chess. It has no desire, no will, no balls. The forerunner of skynet could be windows 98 for all we know. :P

Of course they can create super intelligent anything. Just wait until the day someone makes an alien, just because we could.

oduodu

just uneasy with supercomputers lying around that can logically out think humans. just think of the applications that can be had in genetics. super intelligent babies used to create even more powerful computing devices.

makes me nervous. makes me uneasy.

to say the least.

oduodu

oduodu

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/541276/deep-learning-machine-teaches-itself-chess-in-72-hours-plays-at-international-master/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5774559483

Interesting

Does anyone know of this article is  a hoax? Do we actually have neural networks already? This computer taught itself to play chess in 72 hours? Based on how the brain works?

Scary!

And 'big data' what he hell is that? 

Sabby

Are learning machines a progenitor to artificial intelligence? Of course. It's a self-answering question. There's already A.I.s out there that are interacting with people on the internet in order to develop and grow in the same way a human child has to learn.

oduodu

So  artificial intelligence really is developing to a higher level and  much quicker than I expected . So machines making machines isn't an unreality anymore. So when nano technology reached a level where neural networks can control and receive data from nanobots remotely over long distances then neural nets can start to gather information not just from internet databases but as well from 'the real world ' in 'real time'.

Then the information singularity inst as far off as o once thought.

This scares me as the propensity for genetic manipulation is frightening .

Sabby

A.I.s probably won't be the monolithic creations we've imagined them. It would be inefficient to localize them. There're so many processors all over the planet. Borrowing a little computational power from each is going to be what the A.I.s 'brain' is. Ya know when ya see a satellite camera of the Earth and you can clearly see the lights of cities? Yeah, that's essentially one giant neural network. We pretty much built the Earth a brain, and now it's starting to develop.

oduodu

oduodu

oduodu

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed