NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 835,046 times)

judge death

judge death

Been silent from Neca for a long time now about any new alien figures, when can we expect statements on new releases?

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: lightsyder on Feb 26, 2022, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Feb 26, 2022, 06:12:35 AM
I just realized something, my Scorpion Alien didn't come with a minicomic. I know its official because I bought it at Target. Is that a common thing? I looked on eBay and it seems that some come with comics and don't. Was this a production change? Or did Neca's Wonder Quality Control strike again?

If the mini comics were printed by dark horse it might be because they lost the license.  Any new runs might not be able to use them.
do the bootleg comics still say printed in Canada? Was there ever a bootleg of the orange rhino  alien I have to from diferant stores ( that one order was canceled since it took almost a year to ship. Both lack the yellow dry brushing one their heads and the hip joints are black instead of orange. I've seen both versions in online reviews but I'm wondering if it's a bootleg. One was from a proper store the other was from an online tit store in Toronto.

Adamantiumhip

Adamantiumhip

Quote from: judge death on Mar 13, 2022, 01:01:04 AM
Been silent from Neca for a long time now about any new alien figures, when can we expect statements on new releases?

They seem to be winding it down unfortunately.

I had hoped for more retro kenner style figures

bobby brown

bobby brown

We should allow them. They have been cranking them out for over 10 years. they have done  EVERYTHING and beyond:P
I salute NECA.

Just wait to see who else grabs the opportunity to fill that market void.
Hiya has been killing it lately.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Shocked they didn't complete the Nostromo crew in their non space suit outfits as they obviously have the likeness rights. They were trying to get a couple more Aliens marines out (Drake, Apone), but I guess it didn't work out...
The collection is absolutely fantastic, yes, but I want more!
I imagine they'll do figures off of the new show/movie if they happen.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Give it to another company hopefully Hasbro instead please for the love of God, their face printing tech alone blows NECA out of the water completely, and a decent schedule.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Disagreed. Hasbro would use one body for the entire Nostromo crew, MAYBE a 2nd body for the females.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You mean just like the Prometheus figures then?

Yeah and we'd actually get them, and their faces would be good, and wouldn't break immediately.

And still no Wolf or PredAlien after fifteen years now?

Time to give it to someone who gives a toss.

bobcunk

bobcunk

They released Wolf and the PredAlien 15 years ago.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

NECA has turned into a TMNT machine unfortunately. Once they finish Lost Tribe I will probably be done with them completely if there's no word on more movie marines or more comics xenos.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yep agreed.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Yep, me too, but thereĀ“s "Prey" coming, but who knows? Probably NECA will lost the rights of both Alien/Predator franchise. My biggest issue is we would never see an Ultimate version of the AVP requiem monster cast and no Apone or Drake figures. :-\

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

On one hand, I really want to get all the Nostromo crew. On the other hand, even if they did release all the figures, most of them would never reach stores around here. I still haven't found a flight suit Ripley.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 30, 2022, 01:48:50 AM
They released Wolf and the PredAlien 15 years ago.

An Ultimate was brought up and they still haven't released them. Not sure whose at fault for that be it the license holders or Neca themselves. But updated figures are long overdue. And it's not like the original figures are easy to get ahold of or as if they're incredibly articulated either. They're one of if not the first things they did and it shows. They can keep releasing repaints but wont try to move figures people keep asking for.

judge death

judge death

They could easily release a ultimate version of the AVPR warrior if they wanted, they did in fact with the so called sewer alien that is that figure repainted brown, and has way more articulation. Just need to repaint it.

I still have that one and the predalien one, but they are more statues and yes they are expensive like hell to get hold of now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed