Best Blu-Ray or DVD editions of the Alien Prequels with extras

Started by lightsyder, Apr 25, 2020, 04:00:00 AM

Author
Best Blu-Ray or DVD editions of the Alien Prequels with extras (Read 16,123 times)

lightsyder

Do any of the releases include the short videos that were released online?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

For Prometheus, you want the four disc 3D collector's edition. For Covenant, any version on Blu-ray will suffice.

lightsyder

Thanks!  Off to Amazon I go!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 25, 2020, 03:47:11 PM
For Prometheus, you want the four disc 3D collector's edition. For Covenant, any version on Blu-ray will suffice.

Stitch

Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 25, 2020, 04:00:00 AM
I don't believe so. Might be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any on the editions I have.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 26, 2020, 01:40:45 AM
I don't believe so. Might be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any on the editions I have.

I have the 4 disc 3D Collector's Edition of Prometheus and the Target art book version of Covenant and both of those include the short films.

SM

The promo videos or the Tongal shorts?

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2020, 03:13:30 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Apr 26, 2020, 01:40:45 AM

I have the 4 disc 3D Collector's Edition of Prometheus and the Target art book version of Covenant and both of those include the short films.
I was thinking of the promo shorts like the Audi advert and the crew messages that were released prior to Covenant. I don't recall seeing them anywhere but YouTube.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 26, 2020, 01:32:42 PMI was thinking of the promo shorts like the Audi advert and the crew messages that were released prior to Covenant. I don't recall seeing them anywhere but YouTube.

Some of the short films are on home video, some aren't. Generally speaking, the most interesting ones are included.

aliens13

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2020, 05:48:48 AM
The promo videos or the Tongal shorts?
The Tongal shots weren't included in any edition right? I would love to have it in some Blu Ray release

Corporal Hicks

Not yet. I keep meaning to make my own little DVD or Blu-ray of them, but not found any free software that looks particularly friendly or useful yet.

aliens13

I hope that they included in future Blu Ray releases. Those short films were very good and it's a nice incentive to buy a new Blu Ray release without always having the same extras.

Corporal Hicks

For sure. They should have had their own release IMHO.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I almost got the 4K release of Alien when it was rumoured they would be on it, but when that turned out not to be the case I didn't see the point and cancelled the order.

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 26, 2020, 08:39:03 AM
Yeah, I almost got the 4K release of Alien when it was rumoured they would be on it, but when that turned out not to be the case I didn't see the point and cancelled the order.
Inconsequential fan-made junk more important to you than the classic original film - restored and in 4K?

I'm relieved that stuff never made it onto the disc. I would rather have original material included - even if it is recycled. Better yet, previously unreleased (original 1978) material would be an even bigger draw - but not fan-produced shorts. Had enough of that sort of crap on the Friday the 13th discs.

I don't know whether you have a 4K set up yet, but the ALIEN 4K restoration sh*ts all over the 2010 Blu-ray disc, and should be more than enough reason to purchase the disc - extras or not.

SiL

4K is about the lowest selling point for that disc. Dropping the teal and orange grade and slight reframing is more interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed