Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs

Started by Adam802, Oct 06, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs (Read 60,363 times)

Kimarhi

It isn't Ian Holm.  They had to give him credit because they used his likeness. 

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 20, 2014, 06:28:22 AM
correct, the voice is David B Mitchell http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2022559/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t20

esz

Hey guys, have you noticed if there's a hole in the medical from the facehugger cut? I didn't pay attention but I think they forgot about it.

ikarop

ikarop

It's there. It's not a hole tho just a decal.

Kimarhi

didn't pay attention

still cool

PRI. HUDSON

Beat Crew Expendable, but thought it be longer.

I guess I didn't get Last Survivor with my pre-order. I heard it was SUPER short, but worth it because of how movielike it feels.

Hudson

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 25, 2014, 11:22:39 PM
Beat Crew Expendable, but thought it be longer.

I guess I didn't get Last Survivor with my pre-order. I heard it was SUPER short, but worth it because of how movielike it feels.

It's very authentic.

esz

I've finally got to play Last Survivor to the end, and although it's very short, it's pretty amazing. I loved the look and atmosphere, and running back to the Narcissus was nerve-racking. I didn't like, though, the fact that there's no animation or cutscene after entering the shuttle, the game just abruptly stops. Also the narration from Ripley was missing in the PS3 version; I saw subtitles and the radar animation, but no voice or sound whatsoever.

All in all, CE and LS were astounding. I loved the original Alien feel and I hope we'll get more quality DLC similar to those two.

predxeno

Why wasn't Ian Holm in the DLC again?

Sagit

Quote from: SM on Oct 07, 2014, 02:17:31 AM
On the subject of accuracy (putting aside the hokey premise) - Sevastopol obviously wasn't constructed when Alien happens.  So it was built after - yet the decor is the same as a tug that was old when it blew up.

Sevastopol was ready when Nostromo left Salomons. One of the Nostormo logs (Dallas it was I belive) mentions something like: "nearest station is Sevastopol".

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:26:44 AM

Why wasn't Ian Holm in the DLC again?

He rarely even speaks about Alien. Seems to have put it behind him.

Corporal Hicks

I haven't had a chance to sit down at home and play any more Alien recently. Managed to get the night to myself yesterday so I sat down and gave Crew Expendable another go - I'd tried it a few times when I had the week off but never got past the first two switches.

I managed to complete it last night. Was a little on the short side but I still enjoyed it. It was really cool hearing all their voices and whilst it wasn't 100% authentic, it was still nice seeing Brett's body and exploring new areas.

Standout section had to be the vents. I got stuck there for 10 minutes or so as the Alien just wouldn't f**k off and leave me alone.

I've got tonight to myself too - but I'm off out to meet my buddy at the LFGS for some games - so if I get back and I'm not tired, I'll give Last Survivor a go.  :)

Taxemic

Undecided on the discovay of Bret's body and how that ties into the film. Reminds me of how ACM just put Hudson's body in there to say "oh, here's Hudson".

New Survivor DLC is ok though.

predxeno

I just completed my Hard run of the Alien: Isolation campaign and I can say the Alien in Crew Expendable is definitely more aggressive than any of the Aliens in the campaign, even on Normal difficulty.

Corporal Hicks

So I finished Last Survivor. First go, no deaths. Didn't really run into the Alien too much - a few tense moments but he kept away for most of it. Relatively short but still enjoyed it.

I wished Lambert's body would have been hanging from the vent but still...was cool coming in and seeing Parker slumped over like that.

I think these short DLCs will be nice for a load-up when you fancy the experience but not doing the full game.

PS. 16,000th post.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed