What do people have against this game?

Started by predxeno, May 18, 2010, 11:08:12 PM

Author
What do people have against this game? (Read 30,877 times)

echobbase79

Quote from: Terx2 on Jun 12, 2013, 10:38:50 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 12, 2013, 02:42:04 AM

This was the Predator that I'd been waiting for. I don't know why people had a problem with it. I go back and play it every couple of months. But right now I've been on AvP2 terror and that's kicking my ass. Anyway, I wish they'd do another one.

Amen. I want a sequel. Scarface's story must be concluded.

What was your favorite level?

Terx2

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 12, 2013, 08:58:27 PM

This was the Predator that I'd been waiting for. I don't know why people had a problem with it. I go back and play it every couple of months. But right now I've been on AvP2 terror and that's kicking my ass. Anyway, I wish they'd do another one.

I have 5 Not in any order.

1. When you stalk Hango (Like that section)
2. The first level.
3. The predators fight
4. The final fight
5. The break out of the labs level.

echobbase79

Quote from: Terx2 on Jun 13, 2013, 08:25:58 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 12, 2013, 08:58:27 PM

I have 5 Not in any order.

1. When you stalk Hango (Like that section)
2. The first level.
3. The predators fight
4. The final fight
5. The break out of the labs level.

Yeah, those were some great levels. In the final fight I kept falling when I was trying to catch up with him. For some reason I have a dislike of heights in games.

EEV2650

I liked these you mentioned.

1. Stalking Hongo
2. Predators fight
3. Breaking out of the lab

Lie

Lie

I actually liked every level mainly the large hunting maps where you can lure people to a nice area and tear them to pieces with the Maul.

EEV2650

The level with the Aliens was a bit forced and lame. I know that's a common consent amongst others who have played this game.

Terx2

Quote from: EEV2650 on Jun 13, 2013, 04:51:22 PM
The level with the Aliens was a bit forced and lame. I know that's a common consent amongst others who have played this game.

The constant swarming was annoying at times.
Quote from: Lie on Jun 13, 2013, 04:45:29 PM
I actually liked every level mainly the large hunting maps where you can lure people to a nice area and tear them to pieces with the Maul.

Loved the Maul with the Glaive a close second. Loved mixing up combos.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Because it's dopey as hell but good fun.

Sabby

I remember the controls being a bit convoluted and the melee combat lacked any kind of impact. The game did do okay in levels where you had to stalk and take someone out, but most of the levels were purely combat, and the fighting just wasn't very fun. Especially when they threw enemies at you with very big health bars, forcing you to jump around while you fought them to avoid attacks.

Those seem to be some of the things people typically dislike about the game. Those, and the special weapons being very underpowered. Not sure if I agree or not, as I remember the spear gun working well on typical goons. I did find the concept interesting to. Felt very video gamey.

Crazy Rich

I had a lot of fun with this game back in the day, I think my copy is still playable on the xbox 360.

I had the most fun when playing the game on the highest difficulty and not getting any weapons upgrades at all, I'd still beat the game in less than a day, these days though I simply don't have that kind of free time anymore though, responsibilities and all that. With these particular conditions it wasn't easy yet it wasn't too hard either, it was just right for me and in the end I'd feel badass. I also recall getting 1st in all those ritual running levels thingy.

Overall, it isn't the greatest game ever (why the Aliens?) but it is at least fun as a fan of Predator.

Cal427eb

I actually played this game along time ago before I had actually seen any of the films, but I had a little background information on them. This game actually inspired me somewhat to watch the films.

Sadogoat

Predator: Concrete Jungle was majorly stripped back from the original plans that the developers and Fox Interactive had in mind. I was invited to attend an early development meeting at Eurocom (before which I got to have a curry dinner with Dave Stalker and Paul Pawlicki from Fox - if anyone here remembers them) and Fox initially wanted to make the game an open world title like Grand Theft Auto, in which the Predator would have the freedom to roam the city and hunt his prey. As I understand it, Eurocom were unable to achieve this to Fox's satisfaction and the game became more and more linear and many features were dropped in order to meet milestones/deadlines. It had potential to be fantastic.....but wound up being rather mediocre because Eurocom (who went out of business two years ago) just couldn't deliver, either due to lack of competence or time.

Corporal Hicks

I never thought this was terrible but the open world concept was much more impressive. It'd be nice to see something like that with the current technology.

locdasmoke

I thought it was a great game, one of my favorite games on PS2...
But yeah, like Corporal Hicks said, I would like to see a open world game with the technology of today

HuDaFuK

I recently dug out my dusty old PS2 just so I could give this game another go, and if anything it was even better than I remembered. The controls were still crap, but gameplay- and story-wise it was awesome.

Some of the jumping mechanics sucked though. Sometimes you literally just couldn't hit the target ledge you were aiming for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed