Predator: Hunting Grounds @ PAX West

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 29, 2019, 04:57:36 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds @ PAX West (Read 17,181 times)

Kailem

A look at the Predator's loadout screen confirms you can use the medicomp:

You can also see on the screen at the 1:11 mark in this video that apparently if a human player makes it to a "reinforcement radio" they can respawn their dead teammates:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 03, 2019, 08:25:31 AM

You can also see on the screen at the 1:11 mark in this video that apparently if a human player makes it to a "reinforcement radio" they can respawn their dead teammates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4a92WzSjM

They talked about resurrecting dead teammates here, and his failed Predator strategy of killing one player and waiting to ambush another player coming to rez him.

Kailem

In that video it sounds more like he's talking about downing a player and waiting for someone to revive him rather than respawning dead players, Apex Legends style (or like Tommy Jarvis in F13). Either way it's probably a good thing for the humans that both options are possible, since in Friday the 13th it really sucked if you died early and either had to wait until the game was over to get your XP or just hope you got to come back in as Tommy.

Samhain13

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 04, 2019, 06:42:00 AM
In that video it sounds more like he's talking about downing a player and waiting for someone to revive him rather than respawning dead players, Apex Legends style (or like Tommy Jarvis in F13). Either way it's probably a good thing for the humans that both options are possible, since in Friday the 13th it really sucked if you died early and either had to wait until the game was over to get your XP or just hope you got to come back in as Tommy.

Have the player come back as Dutch in his mud final form.  ;D

Then like Tommy Jarvis, he would be only one that can kill Jason/Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 04, 2019, 08:54:02 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Sep 04, 2019, 06:42:00 AM

Have the player come back as Dutch in his mud final form.  ;D

Then like Tommy Jarvis, he would be only one that can kill Jason/Predator.

I had the same idea a while back. Great minds...

But I prefer anyone has the ability to kill the Predator with teamwork, maximum effort and a bit of luck.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2019, 08:46:58 PM
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/04/predator-hunting-grounds-is-a-blast-as-predator-and-pretty-fun-as-a-human-too

When an IGN Senior News Editor types a last sentence discussing pre-alpha gameplay that reads "But even just for a couple of runs, I had a blast with Predator: Hunting Grounds, and am looking forward to playing more.".... it is a very, very good sign.

Kailem

Sadly from the wording of it it seems like Illfonic are going to be using the same "it's totally random whether or not you get to play as the Predator" system that they had with choosing who got to be Jason in F13. That's a bit disappointing if that's the case. Dead by Daylight has proven that it's perfectly capable to have a game like this work while still giving players the choice as to which role they want to play.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 05, 2019, 06:27:47 AM
Sadly from the wording of it it seems like Illfonic are going to be using the same "it's totally random whether or not you get to play as the Predator" system that they had with choosing who got to be Jason in F13. That's a bit disappointing if that's the case. Dead by Daylight has proven that it's perfectly capable to have a game like this work while still giving players the choice as to which role they want to play.

Problem with that is everyone will likely want to play the Predator.

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2019, 08:18:18 AM

No doubt that's their reasoning, but it's never been a problem in Dead by Daylight, and that's a very similar type of game which has a bunch of licensed killers in it too (Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, Leatherface etc.).

There are lots of people out there who prefer to go up against the killer rather than being the one playing them themselves, especially if and when they're playing with friends where that's their only option for playing together, so it's going to be rather annoying if it's just a crapshoot whether or not you get to play as the Predator in any given match in this.

The only upside over Friday the 13th is that at least here it's only 5 players per match instead of 8, so your chances of playing as the Predator will be a little better than the odds of playing Jason, but it's still less than ideal if they're going with that same system again.

Samhain13

You can choose your preference on F13, either counselor, Jason or whatever. If you choose counselor you probably will never be picked as Jason, while if you pick Jason it will be random only between the players that choose that option.

Kailem

Yeah, and you still almost never got to play as Jason. There's no reason to have the choice be taken out of the player's hands when other games have proven you don't need to (Evolve also let you choose whether to play as the humans or the monster, and for all the faults that game might have had, that wasn't one of them).

SuperiorIronman

While I would love to play as the Predator, I'm going to play as it a healthy amount that I likely wont feel cheated on the rotation. But considering how powerful it seems the Predator is, I'm not entirely surprised about this.

razeak

I'm optimistic. I had a ton of fun with F13 after some patches. I'm definitely hoping this is released in a better state.

Voodoo Magic

With Sony backing them instead of crowd-funding, and no apparent pressure of an announced release date to meet, I think odds are it will be much more stable than F13 out of the gate.

SpaceKase

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2019, 08:18:18 AM

No way, no way. Tried it once, it doesn't work. You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed