3 (7.5%)
Will it be set on Earth?
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author
It is time for AVP3 (Read 3,336 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

While going over the box office ambience and data for Alien: Covenant; I think it's time Fox green lighted the AVP3 film. Even more so than Alien5, Covenant2 or A|R part 2. As far as Alien films go, we've had two straight "serious" takes. I think it's time for a little fun. I think the AVP base needs a bone thrown their way.

What do you guys think? Talking about pop corn movie with a respected director. No need for any connection to either the alien or predator canon. This would be in the AVP universe.

edit: I added in the Yes, if it is PG-13 because I'd be fine with that to be honest.

D88M

D88M

YES, it actually has become one of  my life dreams, because how much i love both franchises, to see  a GOOD, dark, adult, R AVP movie, come on, is not that hard, the problem is  exactly what you say, the two they made they made them as just popcorn movies, and to a certain extent is what both franchises are too, but the filmmaking made them GOOD, and this is what needs to happen with AVP, a good director and a good script, the issue/thing is, and there was a GREAT thread about this here -look it up please, is great though it needs a deeper analysis- that has sadly been forgotten and never talked enough, is that is all about the concept and themes, Alien and Predator are opposites in that, and that is specially and exactly what they have to do it and why it has so much potential: it could be argued that Alien is a feminist franchise, and Predator a masculine one, there it is, there it is the story, make that two concept clash, like a violent, surreal, perverted and exaggerated war of the sexes

AVP2 for PC so far is the best thing to come out of the AVP idea, they could do something like that too

I also believe i have the perfect idea for a movie and i have been working on it for a while now but is hard, it basically is a -unconscious btw- mix of the first AVP comic and AVPR, i tell you that and it sounds terrible but it actually has nothing to do with both things, is just similar in the surface, though i am still refining the story and some aspects, it also has stuff from the AVP2 game and also is like a remake of Alien/Aliens/Alien 3/Predator/Predator 2 putted all togheter in one, pretty much is all those situations and themes again but with some twists, expanding and developing them

They also have to keep some guidelines

-It has to be in the future, with colonial marines
-It has to be about suspense, and then action
-Which means that the creatures has to be SECONDARY, like in Alien and Predator, tell a good story with interesting characters and the creatures are a background for that, an antagonistic representation of the concepts which the story deals
-So, the CHARACTERS and STORY come first, this is essential for a movie like this to work, though you know that if there is a Versus in the title there has to be fights between the creatures
-It has to be dark and violent, some humour and one liners but not when things get real, like Predator/Aliens

I could keep going but i will go to sleep, is 5:22 am here, my idea is an AVP movie that contains everything we have seen in Alien/Aliens/Alien 3/Predator/Predator 2, specially regarding the creatures, no stupid universe expanding BS like faster grow rate or shurikens, everything you saw from the creatures has to be there and no need of inventing new stuff when there is so much to do with what we already have, specially when the new stuff they come out is stupid or flat out contradictory to what we have seen before, though it does has some little stuff from Prometheus/Covenant, actually i saw in Covenant some thematic stuff that i was planning on put in my AVP story, it would be also be two hours and a half long and would serve as a sequel of all those movies i said (minus the prequels obviously) and be its own thing at the same time

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, with the box office of A:C not doing so well i think it would be hard to get an AVP movie, we will have to wait to see how Shane movie goes too, and i want a dead serious AVP movie, with some light moments like in Aliens/Predator/Predator 2 at the beggining but not too overboard either

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

You'd really have to change some things if you were going to pursue the idea of an AVP 3.

You'd basically have to scrap EVERYTHING in AVP 1 and Requiem and start new in order to create some new original ideas and some room for a quality film.

For me the biggest problem with AVP is it's poor cinematography and visual execution both in style of the Aliens/Predators down to the dialogue between the people were suppose to care about. The films felt like chewing on cardboard. There was just nothing I could really get out of these films to embrace into the canon stream of Alien. Lex from AVP was really the only memorable character for me and you could easily tell that nearly every actor/actress from the 1st and 2nd didn't really invest any time or emotion into their acting. (probably because they were just "happy" to be in an Alien/Predator film and nothing else.)

I just don't see any juice left in AVP unless everything was entirely altered and or changed.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 06, 2017, 02:57:17 PM
You'd really have to change some things if you were going to pursue the idea of an AVP 3.

You'd basically have to scrap EVERYTHING in AVP 1 and Requiem and start new in order to create some new original ideas and some room for a quality film.

what do you mean by that? nobody in their sane mind would even entertain the idea of continue the story of two of the most mediocre and terrible
respectively movies in the history of big budget commercial blockbusters, what they have to do is obviously is not AVP3, but AVP, the other two are irrelevant, and make it good, is not related at all to the other two movies

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Dust off Peter Briggs' script,

toss in some Colonial Marines,

Add a Queen vs Mecha battle, only I want to see the Queen win this time.

Change the ending so that Hiroko stays home like any sane person would.

genocyber

genocyber

I would say yes, but it should be a reboot or completely new story unconnected to the previous two.

DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jun 11, 2017, 05:44:42 PM
Dust off Peter Briggs' script,

toss in some Colonial Marines,

Add a Queen vs Mecha battle, only I want to see the Queen win this time.

Change the ending so that Hiroko stays home like any sane person would.

I like it. Also, It might be a good idea to change the lead to an male. We have had an unending parade of the same architype for several films. i think its lost its impact.

bleau

bleau

I would say no. Let Ridley Scott get 2 more sequels in, then move on to Alien 5. Also maybe another Predator film first.

The reason I say that is because we have The Predator in 2018, Alien Covenant Sequel in possibly 2019, if The Predator is successful we could get sequel to that The Predator 2 2020-2022 latest. Alien Prequel's could wrap by 2021-2022. I feel Alien 5 could still be a possibility as well. But by then I think a reboot or standalone Avp film could be more likely in or by 2025 imo. Cheers. :)

Infected

Infected

Sure, but i think the approach to an AVP movie is wrong, they write a story wich has to involve all three species, humans, aliens and predators.
For instance lets take Covenant, and delete the neomorphs (except the one in the dropship in the beginning, trade that in for a xenomorph) the neomorphs are now predators or a predator, the security guys are colonial marines, the predator attacks in the field slaughtering some marines (as the neo did) from there on you can still change some things and scenes, but overall you already have a better movie, with all species involved.

So yes i would like an AVP3, but the chances are we will be getting flying predators and more things to attract the audience is there.
So if you want a good one, you need people that focus on the story and not on the box office.
So maybe some of you guys should start making drawings or write story's and we will be better of with that, then the stuff we will get from a Michael Bay or who ever it will do.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: D88M on Jun 03, 2017, 08:30:32 AM
it could be argued that Alien is a feminist franchise, and Predator a masculine one, there it is, there it is the story, make that two concept clash, like a violent, surreal, perverted and exaggerated war of the sexes

That's actually a good idea.  Smarter than anything we got in the AVP films.

Hemi

Hemi

Would like to see some Colonial Marines again... With the tech from that period, no fancy holographic screens etc. Just the 80's stuff Cameron used :D And make the script as simple as possible.

Colony ship gets infested, marines fight for the survival of the colony and the predator boards. (just 1 please...)

:P

Huntsman

Huntsman

Only if the script is worthy of the concept.

Yautja2117

Yautja2117

I would say yes, if it were directed by tarantino. He's good with gore.

Russ

Russ

I clearly just don't get Tarantino (I'm in a minority I know). I liked RD and PF (I do mean "liked" and not "loved and studied relentlessly") ... and really disliked everything else since. I was watching Hateful 8 the other day, and I kept thinking that he's basically become a parody of himself (the over use of the "N" word, the camera pov looking down the gun barrels and all that stuff).

Is it time for AvP3.

Abso-f**king-loutely. I'd love to see this given another chance - I don't know that we need to ret-con the first two, but if they did, I wouldn't be all bent out of shape over it. As has been identified here earlier... needs to be about the people caught up in it - character and all that stuff.

But it would need money behind it and the decent script and the right director. I'd say WS again (of course I would) but that wouldn't happen. Neil Marshall maybe?

But yes, Colonial Marines with analogue tech works for me as Hemi says (though it occurs to me that doing that now would be really expensive. They used a load of "to be crushed" CRT TVs on Aliens, but I can't remember the last time I saw one of those!).

Actually, I'd like to see Royal (or Commonwealth - I forget how it is in the universe) Marines instead of Colonial Marines - I think Brits, Kiwis, Aussies and Saffas would give a different flavor to the proceedings for sure. The danger with grunts would be that they'd be easy to compare to Hicks and co.

I was reading about the "Aliens being female / Predator being male" earlier - that was ace: I think the protagonists should reflect that.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

^Hell yes. Australian or British Royal Marines would be amazing. Different, but similar tech and more variety in the equipment and vehicles would be ideal.

I wish AVP could get an Anime treatment like Godzilla is getting on Netflix. Good, solid animation and voice acting would make it amazing. A whole lot for a smaller amount. Maybe even a trilogy like Godzilla Monster Planet...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed