[Video] Noah Hawley Introduces Alien

Started by Gimitko, May 19, 2023, 11:24:24 PM

Author
[Video] Noah Hawley Introduces Alien (Read 7,754 times)

Nukiemorph

I would assume the demystification he's talking about is either the prequel origin story nobody asked for or the fact that we're all familiar with the queen-egg-hug-burst lifecycle and no longer shocked by it.

So casually establish that David isn't the original creator and give us some new body-horror creature concepts.

nanison

If he talks about making it bearable for his 15 year old the, I have no hope left. This will be anything but scary, disturbing or mystifying.

Immortan Jonesy

I've an open mind until I see the final product. But honestly, Legion is a good reference of what Noah is capable of with horror and with Fargo, he has created completely new stories that stand out from the original movie. So yeah, I'm staying cautiously optimistic until the release.

Nukiemorph

I suddenly feel like no artist should ever say anything at all about their upcoming work until it's released...

SiL

SiL

I mean that's not a bad idea.

PsyKore

I mean, it gets my hopes up a bit, but then again every director/writer makes things sound good beforehand... It'll be refreshing if something amazing actually comes through. However, I'm still looking forward to this more than Alien Ramen or whatever it's called.

Necronomicon II

That'll change. 😉

Still Collating...

Yeah, I also have a feeling that people are underestimating the potential that the new Alien movie has to offer. I have a feeling it will have more Giger elements than recent entries cause Dan is on board.

I'm just glad we're getting a new game, a new series and a new movie not very far apart from each other timewise!  ;D

Gimitko

Per IMDb, the show has added Dana Gonzales(Hawley regular) as cinematographer and producer. Looks like him being in Thailand was indeed for pre-production.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 20, 2023, 11:08:48 AMRemystify eh? We'll see. I'm always skeptical of claims of that nature.

This has incidentally been what's always bugged me about Lindeloff's writing. You don't necessarily create Mystery for Mystery's sake, but for brevity and storytelling purposes. You didn't know what the Space Jockey was, because it served no purpose in the plot, it wasn't just mystery for mystery's sake.

Gimitko

Gimitko

The cinematographer posted what seems to be a shot concept for the series taken at Nong Thale Lake in Krabi, Thailand:

bolg

bolg

Remystify the franchise??

Enter meme: I expect nothing, and I'm still let down.

Gimitko

The composer of the series Jeff Russo did an interview and talked a bit about his approach, starts talking about Alien at around 47:10

"We have been having conversations about Alien already and wow, thats been mindblowing. Its really an intense character study."
"I will have a little more leeway with Alien (than with Star Trek). There are existing themes that perphaps I will choose to include. We have been talking about what things we can and will utilize, if any. Its more of a storytelling style than a motif than Noah is interested in. The scripts are incredible."
"Noah called me the other day and told me "with Alien melody is your friend.""

nanison

Alien goes hack n slash with that overpowered robot with blades. I can't wait to see the really fake looking CGI blood and limbs flying around  :-\

Gimitko

Gimitko

Per IMDb Tyler Bates and Joel Richard who scored all the John Wick movies, X and Pearl will be doing music for the series too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed