Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 41,495 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

issue 2 was good :)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I enjoyed issue 2. Some great panels in there, especially that
Spoiler
chestburster POV panel.
[close]
! I'm liking the Alien in general, but there's some panels of the Aliens, particularly in the snow, where it looks awkward - overly static.

I was a little disappointed the
Spoiler
explosion in the snow was brushed off as "something happened". Felt like it warranted a little more attention and description than that.
[close]

But in general, I've been enjoying these 2 issues so far. :)

Sabres21768

I can't get any of the new Alien or Predator stuff to pull up on the new Marvel Unlimited app.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 02, 2023, 06:08:14 AMI can't get any of the new Alien or Predator stuff to pull up on the new Marvel Unlimited app.

It takes time for some reason.. I don't think we'll see Predator: Day of the Hunter on MU for at lease a couple more months and The Preserve won't be for quite some time. I don't use MU but I know it lags. I wonder if it coincides with the TPB release.

Engineer

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Jun 02, 2023, 01:25:02 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 02, 2023, 06:08:14 AMI can't get any of the new Alien or Predator stuff to pull up on the new Marvel Unlimited app.

It takes time for some reason.. I don't think we'll see Predator: Day of the Hunter on MU for at lease a couple more months and The Preserve won't be for quite some time. I don't use MU but I know it lags. I wonder if it coincides with the TPB release.

Day of the hunter is on MU
I have the first two issues of the series downloaded on MU right now. I also have Thaw issue 1 downloaded on MU.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 02, 2023, 02:14:48 PM

I have the first two issues of the series downloaded on MU right now. I also have Thaw issue 1 downloaded on MU.

Good to know! Not sure why Sabres isn't seeing them there. I only collect the individual issues. Nothing digital.

Engineer

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Jun 02, 2023, 03:11:24 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jun 02, 2023, 02:14:48 PM

Good to know! Not sure why Sabres isn't seeing them there. I only collect the individual issues. Nothing digital.

If I get them, I grab the physical copy then Use the code inside to download the free digital copy. Every comic I've redeemed the digital copy of is showing up on MU for me.

Necronomicon II

Definitely a step in the right direction.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

What's anyone thinking about new Alien series by Declan Shalvey and Andrea Broccardo? After first two issues I feel we can finally get first really good Alien comic from Marvel. Yeah, it doesn't do anything new, but art is great, story is focused on family and their survival, setting on the ice planet, with Aliens hibernating in Deep ice gives it some serious The Thing vibes, and we don't get destroying tons of Aliens (so far at least). So far only questionable moment was with chestbuster coming out after 2 hours after Facehugger implantation, but short gestation times to fit a story are a common problem in Alien stories.

jacobo1122

I like it's finally a smaller scale story with focus on the family trying to survive and interesting setting. And the art is georgous. If that was how art looked back in first volumes of Marvel comics, instead of abiminations that Larroca comitted,I feel reception would be better, even with middling stories.

Necronomicon II

Simple and unpretentious is the way to go.

Corporal Hicks

I've been enjoying it myself. I wasn't too sure on the art style to begin with, but I'm quite digging it now! I've been genuinely looking forward to the issues of this run.

Corporal Hicks

:o My face pretty much the entire 4th issue. I'm looking forward to the 5th issue to see how it wraps up, but I'm not sure how I felt about those story turns.

TilotnyWorshiper28

ISSUE #4 Shocked me

chromhart

Me too! The alien/fetus thing was great!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed