All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,835,900 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Cougerboy on May 07, 2023, 11:15:16 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 04, 2023, 01:03:14 PMbut The Rise of Skywalker really broke something in me regarding Star Wars and I've just been pretty much burnt on Star Wars on the whole for the last few years in the aftermath of that movie,

https://s.mltshp.com/r/1K8RZ

I got a little of bit that feeling when I watched The Force Awakens. When all the reviewers seem to have an orgasm watching that film and praising it to high heavens, my reaction was...meh. I mean it wasn't a bad movie per se, but it just didn't capture that sense of amazement or wonder that I had with the original trilogy. The TFA just seem like a remake of A New Hope, I just got a "been-there-done-that" feel that contributed to my meh response. Maybe it was never a realistic expectation to want that sense of watching Star Wars for the first time, but even with the much criticized prequels, I still had that...I don't know how to describe it exactly, but that "Star Wars feel". But I just felt indifferent at best to the Star Wars films made by Disney. The only one that seem half-decent was Rogue One.

In hindsight, the "meh" sensation I got from TFA was a warning, as the sequels to that seem to be all down hill. To be fair, there were some bright spots here and there in the sequels, there were good moments. But overall, I just got a disjointed and jumbled feel with the Disney Star Wars films. And the new characters, I just could not care less about, Rey, Kylo Ren or Finn, they just seem poorly created, compared to Luke, Leia  and Hans Solo.

When I came out , first thing I thought was - That was just a remake, but I was kinda excited to see where it was going with the map and the saber + Luke.

It's probably one of the few films I can think of that actually got worse when the following ones came out. Pretty rare for that to happen, can't even think of any.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I personally thought he was too bulky for Boba Fett, but he'll make a great Rex. This is his first SW role where he'll get to play the smiley, friendly guy that he actually is.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 30, 2023, 07:51:13 PMI personally thought he was too bulky for Boba Fett, but he'll make a great Rex. This is his first SW role where he'll get to play the smiley, friendly guy that he actually is.

He can always play both.  Fett's still alive.  No reason he can't show in this.  He seems to work better as a guest star than when he has to carry his own show.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Rogue One was on another level to any of the prequels or sequels.

ace3g

ace3g

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed