Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 83,609 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 25, 2018, 09:45:09 AM
Ummm... no. Number 12 highest grossing movie of the year, right above movies like RoboCop, The Running Man, Full Metal Jacket, Wall Street etc., and adding international it's in the top ten.

Ummm... yes.

A. I didn't say it was a flop. I said it wasn't a huge success. Number 12 is outside of the top ten bracket.

It wasn't a huge success. It did well enough to warrant a sequel. I'm not pulling this out of my ass - This is coming from John Mctiernan, and producer John Davis' own respective mouth's..

"The official tab on this movie is that it has lost more than it's original cost." - John Mctiernan

"Well, I gotta be honest... Umm, I got a netpoint check, um, about two weeks ago from the studio on the movie, so, it seemingly has broke even." - John Davis

The first one doesn't mince words. The second makes it pretty clear it was not all that and a bag of chips. Yes, the film hit theaters like lightning, but it did not find it's real audience until home video. The reason Predator got a sequel was because of that initial theatrical boom.

Dannyboy

Any word on the budget for the predator yet? Or any idea what it might be?

whiterabbit

"An expensive spectacle" I take that to mean over 60 million. However the only rumor's I recall was 20 million which sounds asinine.

Highland

Madmax had about 99.9 good reviews out of 100 and was pretty much the best movie ever on release in reviews.

I think this will do well, it's got a good release date and people are always up for a bit of something different. I'll put my betting slip in at $80 million domestic, which is quite decent for this franchise.

UNLESS it's a complete stinker, but I've got a feeling the critics will like this one.

whiterabbit

I hope for the best but least us not forget that this is a non comedy R-rated movie with just a hint of nostalgia.

Hollywood

Quote from: Highland on Jul 26, 2018, 12:40:53 PM
Madmax had about 99.9 good reviews out of 100 and was pretty much the best movie ever on release in reviews.

I think this will do well, it's got a good release date and people are always up for a bit of something different. I'll put my betting slip in at $80 million domestic, which is quite decent for this franchise.

UNLESS it's a complete stinker, but I've got a feeling the critics will like this one.

I have about the same expectation as you.

happypred

I will be very surprised if The Predator breaks 100M domestically...the crappy trailers don't help

Huggs

60-80mil budget. Maybe more due to all the reshoots and changes.

230 (low) 325mil (high) worldwide when it's all said and done. But any bad word-of-mouth will drop it through the floor, and I think it's going to have a rough opening weekend domestically (US).

Danversity

Also remember that The Predator has virtually no competition for around 3 or 4 weeks when it comes out. The September 14th release date was actually a perfect fit. There's not a single blockbuster to cripple The Predator up until Venom releases in October 5th.

Actual Hybrid

Quote from: Danversity on Jul 27, 2018, 03:30:52 AM
Also remember that The Predator has virtually no competition for around 3 or 4 weeks when it comes out. The September 14th release date was actually a perfect fit. There's not a single blockbuster to cripple The Predator up until Venom releases in October 5th.
+ Halloween theme.  Frankly, will be disappointed if 150m domestic not broken

goose_3387

I was just checking my local cinema's times for this week and it says that The Predator is out on the 12th September in the UK.

If this is true then 2 days early is awesome!

Xerxész

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jul 27, 2018, 05:52:50 AM
I was just checking my local cinema's times for this week and it says that The Predator is out on the 12th September in the UK.

If this is true then 2 days early is awesome!

Quite sure it's true, because here in Hungary it's 13th September.

Tetsujin

Yep. ;)

UK - World premiere

IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829266/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt




France - 17 October 2018 :(

goose_3387

Awesome news!!! 12th it is then.

Danversity

Here in Brazil it's on the 13th, hoo-ray.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News